Windows 10: Can not change the internet time server

Discus and support Can not change the internet time server in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear all, I have checked many sources including MS official pages. They claim that the list of time servers can be modified by entering a new time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KlausDaube, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Can not change the internet time server

Dear all,

I have checked many sources including MS official pages. They claim that the list of time servers can be modified by entering a new time server e.g. ntp11.admin.ch in the field of the dialogueDate and Time > Internet Time > Change settings…

When entering any string into that field and using button Update now I get an error
    Date and Time
    An error occurred
    Your changes could not be saved.

Even If I now select what was in already time.windows.com I get this message.

In the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\datetime\servers there are the following entries defined:

default 0
    0 ntp11.admin.ch
    1 ntp12.admin.ch

2 ntp13.admin.ch

3 time.windows.com

4 time-a.nist.gov

5 time-b.nist.gov

But the list in Date and Time > Internet Time > Change settings…" shows only two entries:
    time.windows.com

time.nist.gov

Note: the second is not in the REG list at all

→ where do these entries come from?

→ why are the entries from REG not taken?

→ Why can I not change the time server to what I have defined in the REG?

:)

KlausDaube, Nov 9, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

Windows fails to synchronize with internet time - it times out

Hi,

You might have a different Date and Time configuration that's why your Windows fails to synchronize with
    Internet Time. To have this checked, try to change the server in your Internet Time Settings by following the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Date and Time.
    • Click on the Internet Time tab: then, click on Change settings.
    • Try to change or choose the Server, tick on the Update now, and click on
      OK.

Let us know the results after following the resolution provided.

John Sarc, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Consistent change of clock time

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the time keeps on changing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I also suggest you to sync the time zone with internet time zone and check if it helps.

• Click on date and Time from the action bar.
    • Click on Add clocks for different time zone.
    • Click on Internet Time Tab.
    • Change according to your preference.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Can not change the internet time server

Time Every Day Changed my Self

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. What troubleshooting steps you have done so far? In case you already performed basic troubleshooting and still having issue with the time and date, it is much better to have a technician to
    check your CMOS battery personally if it's still functioning.

For the mean, we suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings of time and time zone:

• Press “Windows+X” and click on “control panel”.
    • On the left hand side click on “clock, language and region”.
    • Click on “change time zone”.
    • And then click on the tab “internet time” and click on “change settings”.
    • Check the box “synchronize with an internet time server” and also select the option “time.windows.com” from the drop down and click on “ok” and check if the issue persists.
    We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Can not change the internet time server

1. Can not change the internet time server - Similar Threads - change internet server

2. can i change time in windows server 2012?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i change time in windows server 2012?: dear,My question is, in our company, in client system time showing 2:56, and actual time is 3:10. If i change time so our company data will lost or not?...
  3. can i change time in windows server 2012?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i change time in windows server 2012?: dear,My question is, in our company, in client system time showing 2:56, and actual time is 3:10. If i change time so our company data will lost or not?...
  4. how to change DNS server time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change DNS server time: how to change DNS server time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-dns-server-time/0d028788-7e51-44c1-8ce4-22379b2e2035
  5. how to change DNS server time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change DNS server time: how to change DNS server time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-dns-server-time/0d028788-7e51-44c1-8ce4-22379b2e2035
  6. Synchronizing internet time servers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Synchronizing internet time servers: Hello, I am trying to sync computers to the internet time server time.nist.gov. I have created a script where a registry key has been updated to point to the proper server and it works but the time does not automatically synchronize to it. Is there a way to automate this...
  7. internet keeps on changing servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet keeps on changing servers: yesterday my power went out for a second, and it messed up the modem I had to reset it, but then that seemed to mess up the router, I tried setting the modem again but that didn't work, so I just used ethernet directly from the modem for the day, the internet did seem a...
  8. Cannot change settings for Internet Time server on Win10 PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change settings for Internet Time server on Win10 PC: Windows 10 Home version 1803 OS Build 17134.590 I do have admin rights on my Win 10 PC but get "Unable to continue - You do not have permission to perform this task" when I click on Change settings in Date and Time --> Internet Time I have tried using Administrator...
  9. Add and Remove Internet Time Servers in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add and Remove Internet Time Servers in Windows: How to: Add and Remove Internet Time Servers in Windows How to Add and Remove Internet Time Servers in Windows Your PC's clock is used to record the time whenever you create or modify files on your PC. You can change the clock's time zone[/b]. You can synchronize...
  10. Change Internet Time Server in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Internet Time Server in Windows: How to: Change Internet Time Server in Windows How to Change Internet Time Server in Windows Your PC's clock is used to record the time whenever you create or modify files on your PC. You can change the clock's time zone[/b]. You can synchronize your PC's clock with...