Windows 10: Can not complete Upgrade

Discus and support Can not complete Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am using an old computer to text you. My computer downloaded the latest upgrade but it stops at the dos screen to decide to continue the upgrade.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IanGi, Feb 20, 2019.

1. IanGi Win User

Can not complete Upgrade

Hi,
    I am using an old computer to text you. My computer downloaded the latest upgrade but it stops at the dos screen to decide to continue the upgrade. But I have no access to the keyboard or the mouse to continue. The key and mouse are functional, as I have checked with other keyboards and mouse. Apart from major surgery, my computer is unresponsive. Please help.
    Ian.

:)

IanGi, Feb 20, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

Forum upgrade complete

The upgrade to XenForo 2 is now complete.

Please report any issues/requests/ideas in this thread.

TODO:
    • Look into style improvements
      (feel free to suggest ideas)
    • Custom post edit time limit addon
    Fixed:
    • PM sending throwing an error
    • Adjust maximum width
    • Add stats below avatars
    • Logout link missing on TPU main site
    • Forum not sending emails
    • Added posts per day
    • Add news boxes on forumhome
    • Highlight stickies better
    • Add long service badge
    • Add sigpic plugin
    • Look into avatar size for thread view
    • Heatware in BST
    • Sigquote

W1zzard, Feb 20, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Can not complete Upgrade :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Can not complete Upgrade

Fix Laptop after upgrade to Windows 10 now slow or freezing completely

Hi Marina,

What is the error that you see on Startup? Provide complete and exact error code or message.

I suggest that you run the SFC scan and check if it helps to improve the Computer performance. Follow the steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click Command prompt (Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • Press Enter

Vinod Archak, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Can not complete Upgrade

1. Can not complete Upgrade - Similar Threads - complete Upgrade

2. We couldn't complete the upgrade - upgrading from windows 11 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't complete the upgrade - upgrading from windows 11 Home to Pro: I have Windows 10/11 Home installed on my machine and I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. I am attempting to install it by going to Settings -> System -> Activation -> Upgrade your edition of windows -> Open Store. I then click on the install button I already purchased...
  3. We couldn't complete the upgrade - upgrading from windows 11 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't complete the upgrade - upgrading from windows 11 Home to Pro: I have Windows 10/11 Home installed on my machine and I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. I am attempting to install it by going to Settings -> System -> Activation -> Upgrade your edition of windows -> Open Store. I then click on the install button I already purchased...
  4. File Explorer and Taskbar not working completely after Win11 upgrade from Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer and Taskbar not working completely after Win11 upgrade from Win 10: HelloI just upgraded Win 11 from Win 10. Nothing is working at all after that. File explorer is irresponsive and I can open nothing basically, taskbar doesn't work and there is no search bar either. If any application like browser opens after ages I cant see on the taskbar. I...
  5. File Explorer and Taskbar not working completely after Win11 upgrade from Win 10

File Explorer and Taskbar not working completely after Win11 upgrade from Win 10: HelloI just upgraded Win 11 from Win 10. Nothing is working at all after that. File explorer is irresponsive and I can open nothing basically, taskbar doesn't work and there is no search bar either. If any application like browser opens after ages I cant see on the taskbar. I...
  6. Can I upgrade from V21H2 to V22H2 without having to completely reinstall Win 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade from V21H2 to V22H2 without having to completely reinstall Win 11?: I am running Win 11 X64 installed in Jan. of 2022. When I check for updates, it says I am up to date. I never saw a message saying 22H2 was available. MS stopped supporting 21H2 on Oct. 10th....
  7. Can I upgrade from V21H2 to V22H2 without having to completely reinstall Win 11?

Can I upgrade from V21H2 to V22H2 without having to completely reinstall Win 11?: I am running Win 11 X64 installed in Jan. of 2022. When I check for updates, it says I am up to date. I never saw a message saying 22H2 was available. MS stopped supporting 21H2 on Oct. 10th....
  8. I keep getting Memory management errors after completely upgrading my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I keep getting Memory management errors after completely upgrading my pc: Hi, I recently upgraded my pc. Everything aside from the case has been upgraded. I noticed that when the computer tends to get under a heavy load I get a Memory Management blue screen. I ran a memory check to make sure its not the ram and it comes back clean. I believe I have...
  9. I keep getting Memory management errors after completely upgrading my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting Memory management errors after completely upgrading my pc: Hi, I recently upgraded my pc. Everything aside from the case has been upgraded. I noticed that when the computer tends to get under a heavy load I get a Memory Management blue screen. I ran a memory check to make sure its not the ram and it comes back clean. I believe I have...
  10. I keep getting Memory management errors after completely upgrading my pc