Windows 10: can not complete windows 10 home upgrade.

Discus and support can not complete windows 10 home upgrade. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; mc afee manage mode preventing upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dashawhaus, Jan 15, 2020.

1. can not complete windows 10 home upgrade.

mc afee manage mode preventing upgrade

:)

dashawhaus, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 15, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond can not complete windows 10 home upgrade. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 15, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

can not complete windows 10 home upgrade.

Forum upgrade complete

The upgrade to XenForo 2 is now complete.

Please report any issues/requests/ideas in this thread.

TODO:
    • Look into style improvements
      (feel free to suggest ideas)
    • Custom post edit time limit addon
    Fixed:
    • PM sending throwing an error
    • Adjust maximum width
    • Add stats below avatars
    • Logout link missing on TPU main site
    • Forum not sending emails
    • Added posts per day
    • Add news boxes on forumhome
    • Highlight stickies better
    • Add long service badge
    • Add sigpic plugin
    • Look into avatar size for thread view
    • Heatware in BST
    • Sigquote

W1zzard, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

can not complete windows 10 home upgrade.

1. can not complete windows 10 home upgrade. - Similar Threads - complete home upgrade

2. We couldn't complete the upgrade - upgrading from windows 11 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't complete the upgrade - upgrading from windows 11 Home to Pro: I have Windows 10/11 Home installed on my machine and I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. I am attempting to install it by going to Settings -> System -> Activation -> Upgrade your edition of windows -> Open Store. I then click on the install button I already purchased...
  3. We couldn't complete the upgrade - upgrading from windows 11 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't complete the upgrade - upgrading from windows 11 Home to Pro: I have Windows 10/11 Home installed on my machine and I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. I am attempting to install it by going to Settings -> System -> Activation -> Upgrade your edition of windows -> Open Store. I then click on the install button I already purchased...
  4. can i upgrade to windows 10 from windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i upgrade to windows 10 from windows 10 home: i am looking to buy a retail version of the windows key rather than buying it directly from microsoft store.I currently run windows 10 home.If i buy and just click on "change key" and add the pro key, will this work?...
  5. can i upgrade to windows 10 from windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i upgrade to windows 10 from windows 10 home: i am looking to buy a retail version of the windows key rather than buying it directly from microsoft store.I currently run windows 10 home.If i buy and just click on "change key" and add the pro key, will this work?...
  6. can i upgrade to windows 10 from windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Can not upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Dear Community, I've already bought Microsoft Windows 10 Pro. Entered Key and got error with registered Windows 10 Home. I try to upgrade windows - no success. What can I do to upgrade to Pro version?[IMG]...
  8. Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Home Single Language to Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I upgrade from Windows 10 Home Single Language to Windows 10 Home?: Pretty much what the title says. Rather than buying a full retail copy of Windows 10 Home, can I just upgrade to Windows 10 Home via Microsoft Store? I need the extra language support. Upgrading to Pro is too expensive and I don't need any of the Pro features and the Home...
  9. Can not complete Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not complete Upgrade: Hi, I am using an old computer to text you. My computer downloaded the latest upgrade but it stops at the dos screen to decide to continue the upgrade. But I have no access to the keyboard or the mouse to continue. The key and mouse are functional, as I have checked with...
  10. Can not complete Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not complete Upgrade: Hi, I am using an old computer to text you. My computer downloaded the latest upgrade but it stops at the dos screen to decide to continue the upgrade. But I have no access to the keyboard or the mouse to continue. The key and mouse are functional, as I have checked with...