Windows 10: can not connect NAS on home network while other laptop with older version are fine

Discus and support can not connect NAS on home network while other laptop with older version are fine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i get all online help to connect to NAS on home network but still not work! my wife's old windows is working fine with NAS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TrucLe3, Nov 2, 2020.

1. TrucLe3 Win User

can not connect NAS on home network while other laptop with older version are fine

i get all online help to connect to NAS on home network but still not work!

my wife's old windows is working fine with NAS

:)

TrucLe3, Nov 2, 2020
  2. JackHughs Win User

Lost connection to network NAS's on one PC. Works fine on another

Have you tried accessing the NAS from the desktop by the NAS' IPv4 address - such as \\192.168.x.x?

Also, try this. From the desktop, open a command prompt and type nbtstat -a Nasname. This won't connect to the NAS but will give you information on the NAS' status.

JackHughs, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Lost connection to network NAS's on one PC. Works fine on another

Windows 10 ver 1909.

I can see and connect to two different NAS devices on my network from a laptop, but cannot from PC now. I tried to insure Network settings (Sharing settings, SMB, IPv4 NetBios, etc) from laptop were the same on the PC, but nothing worked. Seem to have the same Win 10 updates.

Cannot connect to any devices via \\sharename in Explorer. One NAS icon does show up in Explorer Network devices list, but clicking on it gives a connection error. All mapped links are now broken as well. Thanks in advance for assistance!

mediamasternc, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Dilip_999 Win User

can not connect NAS on home network while other laptop with older version are fine

NAS connected to local network not showing up on some PC's

Like so many, I have multiple PC's on my home network plus NAS, printers etc. Regardless of wired or wireless connection, everything works fine and all networked devices including NAS is visible as it should - except one! This particular PC, shows all
    network devices, except the NAS. From an OS perspective this PC is identical to all other PC's on network and runs latest version of Windows 10 Home. I have tried different methods that some folks suggested, including login in as an admin, on the internet
    but no joy. All other PC's on network, has no issues in reading or writing to NAS.

Can someone help to fix it?

Dilip_999, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

1. can not connect NAS on home network while other laptop with older version are fine - Similar Threads - connect NAS home

2. Laptop cannot connect to home network but can connect to other networks/hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cannot connect to home network but can connect to other networks/hotspot: My Windows 10 Pro laptop is unable to connect to my home wifi network, despite connecting to school and hotspot networks. Other devices: laptops and my phone can all connect to my home network. I have tried a network reset, updating drivers, the troubleshooting program on...
  3. Laptop cannot connect to home network but can connect to other networks/hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop cannot connect to home network but can connect to other networks/hotspot: My Windows 10 Pro laptop is unable to connect to my home wifi network, despite connecting to school and hotspot networks. Other devices: laptops and my phone can all connect to my home network. I have tried a network reset, updating drivers, the troubleshooting program on...
  4. Laptop cannot connect to home network but can connect to other networks/hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 home network NAS connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home network NAS connection problem: I have windows 10 home version. I installed a NAS drive connected to my router. The only account that can find it is the Administrator account. I have set all of the required setting and yet nothing. Can anyone please help?...
  6. Windows 10 home network NAS connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 home network NAS connection problem: I have windows 10 home version. I installed a NAS drive connected to my router. The only account that can find it is the Administrator account. I have set all of the required setting and yet nothing. Can anyone please help?...
  7. Windows 10 home network NAS connection problem

8. Laptop can't see NAS and other PC, but the other PC can see the NAS (but not the laptop)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop can't see NAS and other PC, but the other PC can see the NAS (but not the laptop): So my PC can now finally see the NAS on the network, however it can't see the laptop even though they are on the same network. My laptop can't see the PC nor the NAS even though all the settings like NetBIOS and SMB and file sharing are turned on. I can't ping the laptop from...
  9. Laptop no longer connects to other computers on home network

Laptop no longer connects to other computers on home network: We have 2 desktops and one laptop all running windows 10. I had to do a Windows reset on the laptop a few days ago after installing Malawarebytes 3 trial version. Since then, I haven’t been able to connect the laptop to either of the PC’s, or the PC’s to the laptop. The PC’s...
  10. Can't connect to laptop on network but laptop can connect to all other

Can't connect to laptop on network but laptop can connect to all other: Checked:- All updates downloaded and applied on all machines. Laptop File & Printer sharing is turned on. Both HDs on the laptop are set up for sharing on the network with Everyone having all permissions. Teamviewer 12 can access the laptop from my desktop with no...