Windows 10: can not connect outlook to my gmail account. Imap.gmail.com Help

Discus and support can not connect outlook to my gmail account. Imap.gmail.com Help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; can not connect outlook to my gmail account. Imap.gmail.com Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnDufour, Sep 12, 2019.

1. can not connect outlook to my gmail account. Imap.gmail.com Help

can not connect outlook to my gmail account. Imap.gmail.com Help

:)

JohnDufour, Sep 12, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Google Adds IMAP Support to GMail

GMail has gained IMAP support, one of the most requested features for Google's web-based e-mail service. If you log into your GMail account and head to "settings", the tab for "Forwarding and POP" should now read "Forwarding and POP/IMAP." If it doesn’t, be patient, Google will be rolling out the new IMAP features across the service over the next few days. With IMAP you can access your mail via your desktop client, read mail, make changes and have those changes mirrored by any other client accessing the account. If you access your mail from multiple machines, IMAP allows them all to stay in sync. To enable IMAP in GMail just head to the settings page and change your access from POP to IMAP.

Source: Wired News

malware, Sep 12, 2019
  3. SoFine409 Win User
    Outlook 2016 IMAP persists in failing to connect with Gmail

That is odd; Here is the screen that I see for my account:

can not connect outlook to my gmail account. Imap.gmail.com Help [​IMG]

Are you logging into your account with your PC and do you have 2-step verification turned on for your PC?
    Maybe you can not generate another app specific password from a device that has not been verified via 2-step? Give that a try and see if it makes any difference.

If that doesn't work then maybe you should try to install the Gmail app for Android on your S4? I have the Gmail app for IOS installed on my iPads and iPhones and it doesn't need an app specific password each time I check my email as long as I stay logged in. When you set it up it uses your normal gmail address and your password then it does the 2-step verification. After that your good to go. Then you could revoke the S4 app specific password and then you might be able to generate one for the Outlook/PC.

Give these a try.

SoFine409, Sep 12, 2019
  4. ikhadduri Win User

Outlook 2016 IMAP persists in failing to connect with Gmail

Thanks again SoFine 409.

I did get to the step:
    'In App passwords click the right arrow'

As I mentioned above, there is no 'dropdowns' showing in my case so as to choose : "Mail" on my "WindowsComputer" then Generate as you can see:

can not connect outlook to my gmail account. Imap.gmail.com Help [​IMG]

It is only text '[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)]App passwords allow you to access your Google Account through apps such as Mail on an iPhone or Mac, or Outlook. [/COLOR]Learn more' with no links to generate.'
    There is no:

1. isit your App passwords page. You may be asked to sign in to your Google Account. Done
    2. At the bottom, click Select app and choose the app you’re using.
    3. Click Select device and choose the device you’re using.
      can not connect outlook to my gmail account. Imap.gmail.com Help GEr4Rrj_wq4M6j2F5v68FiUNwDomt6Wf9ni5EXBXkpJ2131jgMdgfzGWTONWZ2211Fl1topp7w=w475.png

4. Click Generate.

Problems signing in with 2-Step verification? - Accounts Help

Is my gmail account lacking in something?
    How can I remedy this, please?
    Shall I switch to 2 step verification first? I am using the Samsung mobile to confirm my Gmail password for the moment.

All the best

ikhadduri, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. can not connect outlook to my gmail account. Imap.gmail.com Help - Similar Threads - connect outlook gmail

2. Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account: Currently I set up my gmail account to "store and forward" to my internet provider, which is connect to my Outlook 2016 via POP3. I am now setting up Outlook 2019 and want to connect to gmail directly. 1. Will my gmail account continue to work as before, i.e. incoming mails...
  3. Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2019 connecting to gmail account: Currently I set up my gmail account to "store and forward" to my internet provider, which is connect to my Outlook 2016 via POP3. I am now setting up Outlook 2019 and want to connect to gmail directly. 1. Will my gmail account continue to work as before, i.e. incoming mails...
  4. Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail

Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail: I am unable to set up gmail and outlook 2019 I have followed the info from Microsoft and other help sources using imap.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Port: 993 Outgoing mail (SMTP) server smtp.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Requires TLS: Yes (if available) Requires Authentication:...
  5. gmail not comming through.

in Windows 10 Customization
    gmail not comming through.: I have windows 10 and have been getting e-mails for a few months on my new laptop, but they stopped coming on Aug 10. Still getting them on my cell phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-not-comming-through/4136d768-1302-4bbb-bd35-bb7b9251804a
  6. Outlook cannot connect to GMail

Outlook cannot connect to GMail: Hi I have been using the same Outlook and GMail accounts for years and about a week ago I get an error message when I try to download my email. I haven`t changed any settings at all. ERROR: Ox8OOCCC1A Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have...
  7. Reply and Forward ICON and Message not working with IMAP GMAIL account and Outlook for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reply and Forward ICON and Message not working with IMAP GMAIL account and Outlook for...: My GMAIL account is setup with IMAP on a new computer with Windows 10 and Outlook for Office 365. After replying to a message or forwarding an email, the ICON field and the small status message do not reflect that the e-mail was replied to or forwarded. The small text...
  8. Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019

Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019: Does anyone have the exact procedure for installing Gmail on OL 2019? I have not been able to get it working after many days of trying. I have an application password, turned off & on 2FA, tried several different instructions from various web sites. I've also tried to set it...
  9. Outlook 365 inconsistent login behaviour with IMAP gmail

Outlook 365 inconsistent login behaviour with IMAP gmail: I am using Office 365 and several of my machines have switched to modern authentication for Gmail recently. A window popped up, asking me for my google login and password and I got the 2FA prompt on my phone correctly. So far everything works. One machine refuses to do so and...
  10. Outlook 2016 IMAP persists in failing to connect with Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 IMAP persists in failing to connect with Gmail: I have a Gmail account. I keep failing for a month now (except for a fleeting few days) to connect Outlook 2016 via IMAP to Gmail. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 2 two months ago. I had Office 2007. POP email kept working fine. However, a month ago, the perplexing...