Windows 10: Can not connect to internet since windows update

Discus and support Can not connect to internet since windows update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ever since the last windows update on the 15th, I haven't been able to connect to the internet. It has nothing to do with my router since it works on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IAdaxI, Apr 16, 2020.

1. IAdaxI Win User

Can not connect to internet since windows update

Ever since the last windows update on the 15th, I haven't been able to connect to the internet. It has nothing to do with my router since it works on other devices. I've tried checking my network adapter for updates and even uninstalling it and restarting. I've also tried reverting back to a point before the update and it said I had internet connection but no apps would load up, I restarted the pc and the problem still persists. The update also broke my search box which I can no longer get type in and it causes things to stop responding when I close them.

:)

IAdaxI, Apr 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 16, 2020
  3. No Internet Connectivity after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the exact model of the laptop?
    • Which update caused this issue? Share the KB number.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Have you installed any third party security software?
    I would like to suggest try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Connect your PC directly to the Ethernet cable and check if you are able to receive Internet connectivity. If you are still unable to connect to the internet proceed to the next step.

Method 2: Refer to the article Fix network connection issues provided in the link below for more troubleshooting steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Techtu Win User

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Can not connect to internet since windows update :)

Techtu, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Can not connect to internet since windows update - Similar Threads - connect internet since

2. No internet connection since windows update I think

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection since windows update I think: I suddenly lost internet connection from my laptop possibly since the last win 10 update and have tried everything I cant find on the internet to resolve it without luck, hopefully someone can advise me on anything i have missed, details are:-Status is the same on both...
  3. Can not connect to the internet

Can not connect to the internet: I have a Prime B450-Plus, AMD Ryzen 5 26000, 32GB DDR4, an NVIDIA GTX1060 6GB GPU and RM850i Power Supply. a few days ago the Network Adapter decided not to work/not detected after my girlfriend had her laptop plugged in with Cat5 she plugged the cable back into the Desktop...
  4. Since the update none of my programs can connect to the internet. Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since the update none of my programs can connect to the internet. Help?: I tested with Spotify, Uplay, Origin and Steam. None of them can connect to the internet. I can't even login or if I log in, it says that I'm in offline mode. I can use Chrome just fine, I can download files etc. I don't have any VPN's or VPN extension in Chrome. submitted...
  5. Internet Issues Since Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet Issues Since Update: Whenever I go to the internet after a few minutes the screen goes black and then comes back to life. Is anyone else having these issues. I used to have this issue about two years ago but an update fixed it but it is now back again....
  6. Random internet unanvaliable (not loss of connection) since updating windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random internet unanvaliable (not loss of connection) since updating windows: Sometimes, randomally the internet becomes unavaiable, IT IS NOT the internet connection. The windows internet in the tool bar vanishes / gets replaces by a globe with a cross in it, and all neighbours aare not avaliable. It looks very simular to when you update drivers and...
  7. HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP5540 Printer not connecting to Network, since Windows Update & 5G enabled by Internet...: Over the last 12 days I have had problems with our Print connection via Windows 10 OS, I have very limited PC knowledge and have spent the last 3 days on line with HP Support Team who via remote control have also been unable to fix the issue. The printer is installed, is...
  8. Since last update, windows will not recognise my (functioning) internet connection

Since last update, windows will not recognise my (functioning) internet connection: Last update broke the audio on my windows so I repaired my windows installation which worked. However, I also discivered that that windows was not recognising any network connections (wired or wifi), despite the fact that I can still use web browsers, stream movies and play...
  9. Can not connect to the internet after mega update

Can not connect to the internet after mega update: Hello folks, First, I am not too sure if I should post this in Networks section or windows update section. The mods can move it around as necessary. So yesterday, for the second time this week, my laptop updated Windows 10. It took about 3 hours to update, both the...
  10. Internet connection not automatic since update from Win7

Internet connection not automatic since update from Win7: When I startup my computer I may as well turn off, then on, my router. That seems to reset things as to my computer. I then have to click on the airplane icon (which just appeared recently, I think after the last update). That allows me to click "connect" to my router....