Windows 10: Can not connect to the internet after mega update

Discus and support Can not connect to the internet after mega update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello folks, First, I am not too sure if I should post this in Networks section or windows update section. The mods can move it around as necessary.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by crackhammer, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Can not connect to the internet after mega update

Hello folks,

First, I am not too sure if I should post this in Networks section or windows update section. The mods can move it around as necessary.

So yesterday, for the second time this week, my laptop updated Windows 10. It took about 3 hours to update, both the times. First time, I had minor issues, compared to the crap that Microsoft pulls on its users. Second time, it showed the real colors.

I can not connect to the internet since update. All other devices can, without any issue. I strongly suspect its an issue with the firewall. Almost every 2 minutes, it gives me pop-ups that my firewalls are turned off and I should turn them on. I usually use zonealarm and it works pretty well. Even this laptop intermittently connects to the internet for 10 seconds or so but afterwards disconnects (connected icon with yellow exclamation mark).

I tried to play around in the registry to turn off Windows defender. It was already turned off. I tried turning it on and it says, there is some internal error and it can not be turned on.

Is there any easy solution to this? I have already spent 3 hours in trying to figure out and have no interest in investing anymore time. I am seriously thinking of using 'starting fresh' option in windows 10.

Thanks a lot in advance.

:)

crackhammer, Jun 18, 2017
  2. John Ado Win User

why can i not connect to the internet after the latest windows 10 update??

Hi Derek,

To assist you better, please verify the following:

• Is it happening to all websites or just a specific one?
    • Did you try using a different browser?

We'd love to hear from you.

Best.

John Ado, Jun 18, 2017
  3. why can i not connect to the internet after the latest windows 10 update??

Hello,

My desktop has updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and now I cant connect to the internet. I'm not very technically savvi so don't really know where to start. I've tried the troubleshoot problems option but it just keeps saying that there is a problem
    with whichever website I'm trying to access. I've had the odd rime where I've had 5 mins or so of internet access but then it happed again.

Derek17White, Jun 18, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Can not connect to the internet after mega update

The yellow mark suggest a driver issue. Open a CMD prompt type

Ipconfig /all
    Then

Travertine 194.119.131.66

Post results try removing the firewall

Samuria, Jun 18, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    Get rid of Zonealarm and things should return back to normal.

bro67, Jun 18, 2017
  6. Thanks for the comments folks.

Since I did not want to get rid of Zone Alarm (I am very comfortable using Zone Alarm but not Windows Security Center) and nothing else would work like updating drivers or the commands that Samuria suggested, I 'started fresh'. It took a whole day and I am still re-installing the program, but things are working fine now.

crackhammer, Jun 19, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    Make a copy of the drive. We ask that you get rid of Zonealarm, because third party software is known to screw up Windows networking. All that Security center does is inform you what is enabled or disabled. Defender is fine for when you are not running anything else, along with Firewall needs to be shut down on your Private network. Reinstalling your Windows does not solve in troubleshooting, because someone may come to look at how a person solved their issue and find out that there was zero effort or troubleshooting by the original person who came here for help.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can not connect to the internet after mega update

1. Can not connect to the internet after mega update - Similar Threads - connect internet mega

2. No Internet Connectivity after Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Connectivity after Update: Hi, I recently installed the 1903 update on my HP laptop. Afterward, I was unable to connect to the internet, even though sometimes it said I was connected. Did all the normal stuff and nothing worked. I have AT&T U-verse, and nothing else was affected. I rebooted the...
  3. No internet connection after last security update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No internet connection after last security update.: Hi guys, just installed the lastest security update (KB4512937). Since then I have no access to the internet despite the network shows access to the Internet. Reset does not help. I suspect some problem wit the firewall service. The Windows Firewall service will not start...
  4. Slow Internet Connection After Windows Update

Slow Internet Connection After Windows Update: Thanks in advance for the help! My internet speed is 500 Mbps. But after an update today, my download speed goes to 10 Mbps maximum, while upload speed is very decent. Please help with this....
  5. No internet connection after latest Windows Updates

No internet connection after latest Windows Updates: The latest updates(cumulative update KB4467702 and some others with it) broke the internet on two machines for me. Both computers are connected through Ethernet. One through router, one through switch. I tried almost everything I could find as a potential fix and nothing...
  6. I can not connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can not connect to the internet: I have problems to connect to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-connect-to-the-internet/5596cfdf-6652-4367-96b9-a79b86e0b73c
  7. mega files have internet explorer icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mega files have internet explorer icon: cant download zip folders it keeps becoming internet explorer icon 108204
  8. No internet connection after 10130 update

No internet connection after 10130 update: Anyone face the issue of no internet connection after update to 10130? The motherboard is using Realtek Gigabit Ethernet. A check indicated there is driver issue which block connection to my Linksys EA9200 router. There is no issue with the previous build. 6442
  9. No internet connection after latest update on 10074

No internet connection after latest update on 10074: 3 updates were installed last night. 2 were for defender and 1 was for .net. After reboot two things happened, firstly no internet. Second can't open start page. You could right click and options were provided like switching off and various settings. After starting computer...
  10. Internet connection gone after yesterday's update

Internet connection gone after yesterday's update: Good morning tenforums, this happens practically every time a windows 10 update is pushed onto my dell-pc. After I jiggle around with all sorts of things for days, internet is suddenly on again, no idea why. Quite time-consuming affair, and gets on my nerves as well. After...