Windows 10: Can not connect to the internet after mega update

Discus and support Can not connect to the internet after mega update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello folks, First, I am not too sure if I should post this in Networks section or windows update section. The mods can move it around as necessary.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by crackhammer, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Can not connect to the internet after mega update

Hello folks,

First, I am not too sure if I should post this in Networks section or windows update section. The mods can move it around as necessary.

So yesterday, for the second time this week, my laptop updated Windows 10. It took about 3 hours to update, both the times. First time, I had minor issues, compared to the crap that Microsoft pulls on its users. Second time, it showed the real colors.

I can not connect to the internet since update. All other devices can, without any issue. I strongly suspect its an issue with the firewall. Almost every 2 minutes, it gives me pop-ups that my firewalls are turned off and I should turn them on. I usually use zonealarm and it works pretty well. Even this laptop intermittently connects to the internet for 10 seconds or so but afterwards disconnects (connected icon with yellow exclamation mark).

I tried to play around in the registry to turn off Windows defender. It was already turned off. I tried turning it on and it says, there is some internal error and it can not be turned on.

Is there any easy solution to this? I have already spent 3 hours in trying to figure out and have no interest in investing anymore time. I am seriously thinking of using 'starting fresh' option in windows 10.

Thanks a lot in advance.

:)

crackhammer, Jun 18, 2017
  2. John Ado Win User

why can i not connect to the internet after the latest windows 10 update??

Hi Derek,

To assist you better, please verify the following:

• Is it happening to all websites or just a specific one?
    • Did you try using a different browser?

We'd love to hear from you.

Best.

John Ado, Jun 18, 2017
  3. why can i not connect to the internet after the latest windows 10 update??

Hello,

My desktop has updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and now I cant connect to the internet. I'm not very technically savvi so don't really know where to start. I've tried the troubleshoot problems option but it just keeps saying that there is a problem
    with whichever website I'm trying to access. I've had the odd rime where I've had 5 mins or so of internet access but then it happed again.

Derek17White, Jun 18, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Can not connect to the internet after mega update

The yellow mark suggest a driver issue. Open a CMD prompt type

Ipconfig /all
    Then

Travertine 194.119.131.66

Post results try removing the firewall

Samuria, Jun 18, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    Get rid of Zonealarm and things should return back to normal.

bro67, Jun 18, 2017
  6. Thanks for the comments folks.

Since I did not want to get rid of Zone Alarm (I am very comfortable using Zone Alarm but not Windows Security Center) and nothing else would work like updating drivers or the commands that Samuria suggested, I 'started fresh'. It took a whole day and I am still re-installing the program, but things are working fine now.

crackhammer, Jun 19, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    Make a copy of the drive. We ask that you get rid of Zonealarm, because third party software is known to screw up Windows networking. All that Security center does is inform you what is enabled or disabled. Defender is fine for when you are not running anything else, along with Firewall needs to be shut down on your Private network. Reinstalling your Windows does not solve in troubleshooting, because someone may come to look at how a person solved their issue and find out that there was zero effort or troubleshooting by the original person who came here for help.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can not connect to the internet after mega update

1. Can not connect to the internet after mega update - Similar Threads - connect internet mega

2. No internet connection after the 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection after the 20H2 update: After updating windows to the 20H2 version ive lost internet connectivity on both wireless and wired, after running 'ipconfig' in cmd, I find that my ip, subnetmask has been changed, I reconfigure my IPv4 settings but still i cant connect to the internet. Can anyone help me...
  3. Internet connection issues after updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection issues after updating: Well just for clarification it wasn’t like this before the update. Well the first issue is that my WiFi always disconnects by itself when I’m not using my computer and you may think that’s not a big problem but that leads to many , when I try to reconnect to my WiFi it’s fine...
  4. Can not connect to the internet

Can not connect to the internet: I have a Prime B450-Plus, AMD Ryzen 5 26000, 32GB DDR4, an NVIDIA GTX1060 6GB GPU and RM850i Power Supply. a few days ago the Network Adapter decided not to work/not detected after my girlfriend had her laptop plugged in with Cat5 she plugged the cable back into the Desktop...
  5. Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update

Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update: I am somehow connecting to the wrong wired network when I connect to the surface doc. All network connections are wired properly to the correct ports, router, etc. It seem that I am connecting to a preferred wireless network, but the icon is showing a wired icon. I am not...
  6. Can not connect to internet since windows update

Can not connect to internet since windows update: Ever since the last windows update on the 15th, I haven't been able to connect to the internet. It has nothing to do with my router since it works on other devices. I've tried checking my network adapter for updates and even uninstalling it and restarting. I've also tried...
  7. No Internet Connectivity after Update

No Internet Connectivity after Update: Hi, I recently installed the 1903 update on my HP laptop. Afterward, I was unable to connect to the internet, even though sometimes it said I was connected. Did all the normal stuff and nothing worked. I have AT&T U-verse, and nothing else was affected. I rebooted the...
  8. After update apps won't connect to internet

After update apps won't connect to internet: Two hours ago I got the notice that a new update was available, I installed it. The install went as others have, smoothly. After the restart anything that was to use an internet connect would not work. I have connection, I checked with my IP, all android devices connect as...
  9. mega files have internet explorer icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mega files have internet explorer icon: cant download zip folders it keeps becoming internet explorer icon 108204
  10. No internet connection after 10130 update

No internet connection after 10130 update: Anyone face the issue of no internet connection after update to 10130? The motherboard is using Realtek Gigabit Ethernet. A check indicated there is driver issue which block connection to my Linksys EA9200 router. There is no issue with the previous build. 6442