Windows 10: can not connect window 10 to a window 7 network

Discus and support can not connect window 10 to a window 7 network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; can not connect window 10 to a window 7 network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by arthurhill4, Mar 2, 2020.

1. can not connect window 10 to a window 7 network

can not connect window 10 to a window 7 network

:)

arthurhill4, Mar 2, 2020
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Windows 7 & XP Networking Problem

I have two PCs in my room connected to a Linksys router, both had Windows 7 on them and had file sharing enabled through the Homegroup feature. Now I have XP on one PC, and still Windows 7 on the other. I setup the network on my XP PC and had the Windows 7 PC setup properly so that they could network together.

In 'My Network Places' I can see both PC's listed, I can double click the Windows 7 PC from my Windows XP PC and see the folders that I have set to share, but when I double click any of the folders I get an error message saying "\\PC-2\MP3 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied.

However, on my Windows 7 PC, I can go to network and browse all of the files I have set to share on the XP PC. So what do I need to do so that I can access the files on my Windows 7 PC on my Windows XP PC?

OrbitzXT, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2020
  4. can not connect window 10 to a window 7 network

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

can not connect window 10 to a window 7 network

1. can not connect window 10 to a window 7 network - Similar Threads - connect window window

2. 3 windows 7 computers can not network connect to a windows 10 computer but can to an 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 windows 7 computers can not network connect to a windows 10 computer but can to an 11.: My in home system is five computers connected to the net by a Comcast cable router. Thereare three Windows 7 computers, one 10 and one 11 both with home. The 10 is newer,1945, than 1790. The 3 Win 7 computers are Ethernet connected. The 10 and 11 computers are wifi only. When...
  3. 3 windows 7 computers can not network connect to a windows 10 computer but can to an 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 windows 7 computers can not network connect to a windows 10 computer but can to an 11.: My in home system is five computers connected to the net by a Comcast cable router. Thereare three Windows 7 computers, one 10 and one 11 both with home. The 10 is newer,1945, than 1790. The 3 Win 7 computers are Ethernet connected. The 10 and 11 computers are wifi only. When...
  4. 3 windows 7 computers can not network connect to a windows 10 computer but can to an 11.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New printer will not connect to Windows 7 computer Network.: I have a HP Windows 7 computer. I just purchased an HP ENVY 6458e printer and it will not attach to the Network. Any suggestions? Is my computer just to old to support the printer?...
  6. Connecting a Microsoft 7 to Microsoft 10 network

Connecting a Microsoft 7 to Microsoft 10 network: How can I get my Microsoft 7 laptop connected wirelessly to my Network that's on my main computer which is Microsoft 10. Are they not compatible?...
  7. Can't Connect to this Network After Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10

Can't Connect to this Network After Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Have a bought-in-when-it-was-a-new-OS Windows 7 tower. It's rarely used, but I dusted it off the other day and decided to get it current before support ran out. Everything went fine, but then I decided to upgrade to 10. I popped in my Windows 10 Pro disk and upgraded without...
  8. Networking Windows 10 and Windows 7 home network

Networking Windows 10 and Windows 7 home network: I just bought W10 to replace my desk XP in my living room Intermittently, I've been able to get W10 to see and file share with my W7 laptop in my bedroom. Most often success with that. Very rarely have I been able to get my w7 laptop in my bedroom to see or share files...
  9. Networking Windows 10 and Windows 7

Networking Windows 10 and Windows 7: How do I configure my computers so that I can fileshare between the across my wireless network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-windows-10-and-windows-7/05e25af5-a543-4547-956e-3451531d62d4
  10. How many printer can connect windows 10 or windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How many printer can connect windows 10 or windows 7: Hi Microsoft, I have problem about the connect printers. My problem is: - I have 100 printer can connect LAN net word, I want to know the windows 10 or windows 7 can be add printer to all 100 printer? (add printer using TCP/IP address or hostname), - How...