Windows 10: can not copy file from usb flash to HDD

Discus and support can not copy file from usb flash to HDD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I am trying to copy files from usb to hdd, It stops in middle of operation and forced to end operation from task manager to return, files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mailaty, Oct 20, 2016.

1. mailaty Win User

can not copy file from usb flash to HDD

Hi.

I am trying to copy files from usb to hdd, It stops in middle of operation and forced to end operation from task manager to return, files (video) are working with no problem from usb on PC.

Please help.

Thanks.

:)

mailaty, Oct 20, 2016
  2. polachan Win User

windows 10 media creation set up to the external HDD

I have windows 10 PC and don't have cd drive. So I connected Externalk HDD to the usb port and then I tried to create media creation tool for another pc. But the system not found the usb flash drive. How can I make it ready to copy media tool setup file
    in an external HDD. Please help . But I can see the External USB drive in explorer . Please help

Regards

Pol

polachan, Oct 20, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    My hard drives to small for Windows 10 upgrade

You can install Windows 10 on a USB Flash Drive
    click here
    to read an article on how to do it

Hope this helps!

But honestly I think the best solution is to copy any data you require from the internal HDD onto the 64gb Flash Drive

Then do a clean install onto the internal Drive

DaveM121, Oct 20, 2016
  4. Molyy Win User

hi
    the problem is special . just copy it to desktop. then try to copy to HDD. or upload to online . then download to your HDD.

Molyy, Oct 24, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Copying to the desktop IS copying it to the HDD. The desktop is just a folder on the HDD under the user's folder on C: drive.

NavyLCDR, Oct 24, 2016
  6. mailaty Win User
    Hi.

I tried to upload to online but still getting same problem.

Thanks.

mailaty, Oct 26, 2016
  7. spunk Win User
    The file may be corrupted. With the USB in the computer, run Check Disk on the drive.
    Go to Start/Search and type CMD, right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator, in the Elevated Command Prompt type the Drive letter of the USB (ie) G: and press Enter, (ie) G:\> at this prompt type chkdsk /R and press enter. Now type a Y for Yes to Unmount the drive. If that fails or it fails to fix the file the drive is failing and needs to be replaced.

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. can not copy file from usb flash to HDD - Similar Threads - copy file usb

2. Can't COPY install.wim file from USB to PC Internal HDD.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't COPY install.wim file from USB to PC Internal HDD.: I have been performing housekeeping on the MANY USB's that I have. I have a USB folder that contains an extracted ISO [ Win Vista ] with a custom install.wim file. On my Win 10 Desktop PC, I have an extra Internal HDD that I wanted to Copy the install.wim file to. I have...
  3. Copy data from HDD to HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy data from HDD to HDD: I need to copy 1.5TB of data (audio/video) onto a new 4TB drive and wondered if anyone had recommendations. I need to keep the data on the source drive. Free is good. I did read a post here that suggested Robocopy, but that seems a bit daunting for an old fogie like me....
  4. Can't copy files from laptop to USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't copy files from laptop to USB flash drive: Can't copy files from PC Windows 10 laptop to USB drive nor delete file/folders on USB drive. Says I need administrator permission. I am the administrator. I can copy files/folders from USB to desktop. SD card is formatted for FAT32 so no security tab under properties....
  5. copying file from pc to usb

copying file from pc to usb: when trying to copy files from my pc to a usb drive I keep getting error 0x80004005. everything seems to be updated properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-file-from-pc-to-usb/c7cf6956-94ea-4c44-b888-b47aea2deb6d"
  6. Unable to copy all files to USB flash drive

Unable to copy all files to USB flash drive: Hi, I purchased two 128GB usb flash drive to backup several files. But when the size or number of files exceed a limit - which is not big and it is less than 2000 number of files - it gives an error. Then when I open the drive, all other already-copied files are also...
  7. Copy files from external HDD to internal HDD faster!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy files from external HDD to internal HDD faster!: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, I have an external HDD of 465 GB and I have 360 GB of space. Please tell me how I can quickly copy files to my internal HDD, how to download speed (move), or if you know any program for this or changes to Quick Move Registry. I mention that I tried...
  8. No access on HDD's and USB flash drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No access on HDD's and USB flash drives: Hello. Because i do not know if there is a specific term for the problem i'm facing with access, to look for possible solutions, i open this thread and forgive me if there is already a thread with the same problem. I do not have access to any of the extra hard disks and...
  9. No access on HDD's and USB flash drives

in Windows 10 Support
    No access on HDD's and USB flash drives: Hello. Because i do not know if there is a specific term for the problem i'm facing with access, to look for possible solutions, i open this thread and forgive me if there is already a thread with the same problem. I do not have access to any of the extra hard disks and...
  10. HDD seen as USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD seen as USB flash drive: I have inserted in my Win10 64bit PC, an HDD drive (physically), beside the old one, where I have OS installed. Everything is ok, except that my OS see this new HDD as USB stick, right down in system tray, as USB flash drive, and I can eject it by there ... which is not ok. I...