Windows 10: Can not copy files to a 6 TB hard drive get the error code 0x80070057 when trying to copy...

Discus and support Can not copy files to a 6 TB hard drive get the error code 0x80070057 when trying to copy... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've formatted the 6 TB hard drive on you uefi win10 pc It had no issues with transferring Files or folders 2 the 6 TB hard drive I then Connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kjl1956, Jul 9, 2020.

1. kjl1956 Win User

Can not copy files to a 6 TB hard drive get the error code 0x80070057 when trying to copy...

I've formatted the 6 TB hard drive on you uefi win10 pc It had no issues with transferring Files or folders 2 the 6 TB hard drive

I then Connect to drive to another computer by USB2.0The drive was Seen With the available storage still on the on the drive and accessible But when I tried Copy of file for folder and get the message 0X80070057

Make a copy from a different source A different hard drive I don't even get the message it doesn't display anything When I tried to copy a file or folder from different source location

I am looking at device manager and it is showing this drives XVD now doing some research I found it this is related to the Microsoft Xbox app for windows 10 but In the Event viewer Several times well actually I want time on today's date 792020Shows that the diussk had been removed I shows Device manager 10 of these XVD disks as being disconnected Now I have the Xbox app beta installed on the other computer and had no issues copying files I did not check device manager for these xvd disks As I was not having an issue copy this to it

The UEFI Computer is not running 2004 But the 1 that's connected through USB Does have 2004 installed But is using Legacy bios

:)

kjl1956, Jul 9, 2020

2. error code 0x80070057 when copying files windows 10

error code 0x80070057 when copying files windows 10

MichaelThompson1200, Jul 9, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Wozzer Win User

Can not copy files to a 6 TB hard drive get the error code 0x80070057 when trying to copy...

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Can not copy files to a 6 TB hard drive get the error code 0x80070057 when trying to copy... - Similar Threads - copy files hard

2. Copy Onedrive files to local hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy Onedrive files to local hard drive: I was updating my windows 11 software when I ran into an error that bricked my system. I had to restore everything. I now want to copy all my files in onedrive to my PC hard drive. I like having a local copy as well as one in the cloud. Thank you...
  3. Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.: I am running Windows 11 and I want to copy multiple folders containing multiple files from one external hard drive to another. Prior to my upgrading to Windows 11, I was able to perform this operation. As the following screen print shows: the copy process starts.The next...
  4. Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying multiple files to an external hard drive.: I am running Windows 11 and I want to copy multiple folders containing multiple files from one external hard drive to another. Prior to my upgrading to Windows 11, I was able to perform this operation. As the following screen print shows: the copy process starts.The next...
  5. USB hard drive keeps disconnecting when trying to copy files to it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB hard drive keeps disconnecting when trying to copy files to it: I'm trying to back up a whole bunch of files to my external HDD, and every few minutes it disconnects for no apparent reason. Just, all of a sudden Windows will play the "device disconnected" sound and the file transfer will be interrupted, even though the HDD is still...
  6. 0x80070057 Error while copying a file from usb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    0x80070057 Error while copying a file from usb: Hello Recently my system ran into trouble and then I reinstalled windows windows 10 using the recovery drive. In order to preserve my data from these kind of failures my friends advised me to create partition, so I created a partition. Note: I created partition after...
  7. Get error msg when trying to copy files onto external hard drive

Get error msg when trying to copy files onto external hard drive: I'm trying to copy all my pictures off of my hard drive onto a 3T external hard drive. I have very little disk space remaining on my hard drive. When I 'copy' the pictures file and then try to paste it to the external hard drive, I get the message "There is not enough space...
  8. trying to get windows 10 to recongnize my 6 tb hard drive not only 1.99 tb

trying to get windows 10 to recongnize my 6 tb hard drive not only 1.99 tb: My pc only detects 1.99 tb not my whole 6tb, The windows tell me its a MBR not a GPT, How do I make my pc a GPT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-get-windows-10-to-recongnize-my-6-tb/6ff5487f-c4ff-4c87-8e26-196ee49e3e06"
  9. Copying files onto a win10 hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files onto a win10 hard drive: I'm trying to figure out what MS changed in Win10. *I typically hook a screwed 10 PC's hard drive to my computer and copy all their files before reinstalling windows. *Then after windows has been reinstalled I hook their hard drive to my pc and copy the files back. *Problem...
  10. Files gone when trying to copy them from laptop to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Files gone when trying to copy them from laptop to external hard drive: Hi everyone. I apologize if this is a duplicate request by others but greatly need some assistance. Today, I transferred files from my husband's Samsung Galaxy S7 to the laptop hard drive. Once transferred, I hit "Ctrl-C" to "copy" them from the laptop folder to our...