Windows 10: Can not create folder using shortcut

Discus and support Can not create folder using shortcut in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I am using windows 10 pro and I can not create folder using its shortcut Ctrl+shift+n I can create folders using mouse right click but using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Muhammad1412, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Can not create folder using shortcut

Hello,I am using windows 10 pro and I can not create folder using its shortcut Ctrl+shift+n I can create folders using mouse right click but using shortcut is much easier my keyboard is working properly and my window is updated as well would be happy to hear your thoughts.Thanks and kind regards.

:)

Muhammad1412, Jun 10, 2022

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 10, 2022
  3. RonZajac Win User
    "Create Shortcut" to a folder on a USB drive not working

Figured it out, and I have to admit it's (more than) a little embarrassing.

It turns out the generated shortcuts were being deposited elsewhere in the explorer folder window, out of sight.

The folder contents are sorted by Name, alphabetically, but with node type as a primary key, with folders at the top, using the List view. I have hundreds of folders in this folders, so I'm instigating this creation of a shortcut *of* a folder among a sea
    of folders in my list.

What was happening is that the Shortcut *was* being created, but deposited for viewing among the files, out of my sight. I accidentally tripped over scads of created shortcuts when I was scrolling along!

Since I normally create shortcuts of files (not folders), the new shortcut is usually deposited right alongside the target file. I expected this behavior when creating a shortcut for a folder, but it was a mistaken expectation.

Problem "solved"; a dumb User error fixed by a slightly smarter User.

Sorry for the red herring.

RonZajac, Jun 10, 2022
  4. MYKhashba Win User

Can not create folder using shortcut

Is there a way to create a folder shortcut?

Hi oofie

As i know that is not possible to do a shortcut to a folder but you can do the following:

- make shortcut to important applications to your standby

- move the "apps folder " you created to the middle of the phone Menu so it will be just 2 steps to get in it

I hope that helps , and please let me know Can not create folder using shortcut :)

MYKhashba, Jun 10, 2022
Thema:

Can not create folder using shortcut

1. Can not create folder using shortcut - Similar Threads - create folder using

2. Creating a Desktop Shortcut For Download Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a Desktop Shortcut For Download Folder: Hi GangI'm using Windows 10 Pro and I'm familiar with how to create Desktop Shortcuts simply by using: 'Type Here To Search' and the options appear automatically to do so. However for some reason, the only option I get for a Desktop Shortcut For The Download Folder, is the...
  3. Creating a Desktop Shortcut For Download Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating a Desktop Shortcut For Download Folder: Hi GangI'm using Windows 10 Pro and I'm familiar with how to create Desktop Shortcuts simply by using: 'Type Here To Search' and the options appear automatically to do so. However for some reason, the only option I get for a Desktop Shortcut For The Download Folder, is the...
  4. Creating a Desktop Shortcut For Download Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can not create folder using shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not create folder using shortcut: Hello,I am using windows 10 pro and I can not create folder using its shortcut Ctrl+shift+n I can create folders using mouse right click but using shortcut is much easier my keyboard is working properly and my window is updated as well would be happy to hear your...
  6. Can not create folder using shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not create folder using shortcut: Hello,I am using windows 10 pro and I can not create folder using its shortcut Ctrl+shift+n I can create folders using mouse right click but using shortcut is much easier my keyboard is working properly and my window is updated as well would be happy to hear your...
  7. Can not create folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not create folders: I'm extremely frustrated - paying top dollar for a computer which does not allow basic function of creating new folder - unacceptable. I've tried changing all properties to 'write...' does not take. Please provide me simple instructions so this useless piece of plastic...
  8. Creating a copy of a folder that is populated with shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a copy of a folder that is populated with shortcuts.: This was the theory anyway. We tossed the idea around but I can only envision it being done in multiple steps with several different programs to create the whole thing. There has got to be an easier way that we have just never used. The folder is local on a shared drive. The...
  9. Create Shortcut to User Account Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Create Shortcut to User Account Folder: A friend has his user account buried in the Windows folder so any investigation requiring a subfolder that is not listed in his Quick Access requires drilling down...to the Users user account. My user account is at the top of the file explorer listing in the left side...
  10. Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows [img] Information The Printers folder allows you to see all printers in one location to make it easy to manage them. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Printers folder shortcut in Windows 7,...