Windows 10: can NOT delete old email from windows 10 accounts. and cant add the new email

Discus and support can NOT delete old email from windows 10 accounts. and cant add the new email in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i used to have an email address that i used to sign into windows... i since have gone to another one. i went to windows online and deleted the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Keithcj, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Keithcj Win User

can NOT delete old email from windows 10 accounts. and cant add the new email

i used to have an email address that i used to sign into windows... i since have gone to another one. i went to windows online and deleted the old one off as primary and its no where on there anymore. but , on my pc i still see it as my login email for windows and i have no clue how to get it off. it causes lots of issues cause it still trys to use it for certain settings and apps when logging in.

i also used to have the new email address in that account as a secondary email. but like i said i since have made that one my primary .

how do i delete it off entirely from my windows 10 account so i doesn't ask me for its creds which are not even in microsoft anymore

:)

Keithcj, Sep 18, 2020

2. email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Sep 18, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Sep 18, 2020
  4. webJockey Win User

email account hacked. please help

I have a yahoo email account that seems to be hacked. Following are hacking activities I have noticed.

1) Spam emails being sent from my account to my account and my recovery email account.
    2) Recent emails in inbox are missing
    3) New emails in deleted mails folder

I have reset passwords for both my email account and recovery email account and also re-installed my mac but still spam emails are being sent from my account to my account and my recovery email account.

My mac was not even turned on when those emails were being sent. No one else knows my password. I do access mail from my iphone and ipad too.

Its my primary email account please help.

Thanks

webJockey, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

1. can NOT delete old email from windows 10 accounts. and cant add the new email - Similar Threads - delete old email

2. Deleting old emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting old emails: Hello, I am trying to delete old email, but still been able to check them. email - Hotmail Please advise me how to do it Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-old-emails/f87a0ebd-538f-44f3-b0c2-fe64d901dd15
  3. Deleting old emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old emails: Hello, I am trying to delete old email, but still been able to check them. email - Hotmail Please advise me how to do it Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-old-emails/f87a0ebd-538f-44f3-b0c2-fe64d901dd15
  4. Can not add email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not add email account: Using Windows 10. Have had an AOL email account set up on this machine for years with standard imap settings. This past week windows started throwing errors - having problems in both office 365 outlook desktop edition as well as windows Mail. in Email & Accounts setting I...
  5. Old email not deleting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old email not deleting: My email is refusing to delete from my computer I have factory reset my computer put my new email in but when it boots up my old email comes up. I have tried removing it from setting, I put in my new email but then it goes done and my old email comes up. I have no idea how it...
  6. Deleting an old work email account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting an old work email account: How do I delete an old work email account that I do not have access to and Microsoft does not recognize when trying to log in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-an-old-work-email-account/c3327d24-f0a5-4011-ad3c-4010051f6c08
  7. Windows 10 Email App - Cant delete accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Email App - Cant delete accounts: I use the Windows 10 mail app a fair bit on my laptop. Although I tested it out on my PC some time ago, I have not used it regularly, but would now like to. However the Windows 10 email app on my PC seems to have got itself into a mess. There are 3 accounts - a new one...
  8. Change email and delete the old account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change email and delete the old account: Hi, I changed the mail for my account but now I have two accounts white the old email? How can I delete an account and change the email for another one?...
  9. Can not add Google email account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not add Google email account: error code 0x8000000b when adding Google email account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-add-google-email-account/f3818573-951b-4957-8432-8e6bad6a7b89
  10. Cannot add or delete email account in windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot add or delete email account in windows 10: I have my hotmail account associated with Mail app in windows 10. I want to add my gmail account to Mail app but I just can't do it. When I click in Add an account in Mail app, nothing happens. I tried to click on Add an account in Settings --> Your email account, but nothing...