Windows 10: Can not delete second user

Discus and support Can not delete second user in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to turn off the Hello Pin, and mistakenly found myself in creating a second user. I was a bit lost, and put in my account name and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Diana Stein, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Can not delete second user

I was trying to turn off the Hello Pin, and mistakenly found myself in creating a second user. I was a bit lost, and put in my account name and password. On boot-up, it goes to this second user, and defaults. Luckily, it will show me my administrator account and allow me to put in the old pin to get on. I have tried netplwiz to remove this user and other search results BUT, there is never a second user account listed. I figure this is somehow because I put in the same name. On all the you can delete lists - there is only one name listed is the administrator. I know enough that going t

:)

Diana Stein, Sep 24, 2022
  2. Fyreman Win User

Want to DELETE second User Account at login

Hello, I'm using a Windows 10 PC and I am the only user. My administrator username is "John Doe".
    Recently when I start the PC, I get 2 options for user login-"John Doe", where I click to enter my password and a second option to use a PIN, both have EXACT name "John Doe". The first option asks for a Password- it does not accept any PW I've associated with the account. When selecting the second option, the PIN box appears. I am then able to get to my desktop screen.

I want to do two things: 1) Delete the account that asks for the PW 2) Automatically login and go to my desktop screen. When I go to Control Panel user settings to delete it, there is only ONE account that shows. I've tried at least 6 solutions suggested, none have worked. Probably need step-by-step instructions. Thanks in advance.

Fyreman, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 24, 2022
  4. v444 Win User

Can not delete second user

script to delete users profile

A1- i guess local. (please check the attachment,i'm following those steps to do it, if it helps you to figure out if it's on PC or local)
    A2- no i don't need logs.

Full user delete.docx

Thema:

Can not delete second user

1. Can not delete second user - Similar Threads - delete second user

2. how i can delete second window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how i can delete second window: i am deleted my second window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-delete-second-window/1078d2a1-c40f-46a0-a745-4958cb1002ed
  3. how i can delete second window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how i can delete second window: i am deleted my second window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-delete-second-window/1078d2a1-c40f-46a0-a745-4958cb1002ed
  4. how i can delete second window

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can not delete second user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not delete second user: I was trying to turn off the Hello Pin, and mistakenly found myself in creating a second user. I was a bit lost, and put in my account name and password. On boot-up, it goes to this second user, and defaults. Luckily, it will show me my administrator account and allow me to...
  6. Want to DELETE second User Account at login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Want to DELETE second User Account at login: Hello, I'm using a Windows 10 PC and I am the only user. My administrator username is "John Doe". Recently when I start the PC, I get 2 options for user login-"John Doe", where I click to enter my password and a second option to use a PIN, both have EXACT name "John Doe". The...
  7. user accounts - can I delete a user account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user accounts - can I delete a user account?: can I delete a user account in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-accounts-can-i-delete-a-user-account/915ac1a1-46cd-42f4-bdcd-e917405b8ae9"
  8. second user

in Windows 10 Customization
    second user: How do i create a second user account on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-user/bbdcb9d8-adba-4f75-ae19-e43a5f54494e
  9. Added a second user by mistake and cannot delete.

Added a second user by mistake and cannot delete.: Somehow I added a second user by mistake and cannot access due to password incorrect on boot up. It tries to log into this incorrect email address and says wrong password try again. I was trying to remove the login function. I typed in netplxiz and put the wrong email...
  10. Deleting second user account that isn't showing in User Accounts

Deleting second user account that isn't showing in User Accounts: Win 10 Pro 1607, single user desktop PC. Yesterday, I changed the password on my Windows account. After that, when I booted, Windows prompted me for a password. The thing is, though, that it showed two accounts, let's call them Sam and Sam Jones. Sam Jones is the...