Windows 10: Can Not Delete Windows.old after 1809 update.

Discus and support Can Not Delete Windows.old after 1809 update. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I using 1809 for few weeks & seems it deleted previous 1803 & noticed the Windows.old folder is there with no files only sub folders & wont delete. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DrSysop, Oct 24, 2018.

1. DrSysop Win User

Can Not Delete Windows.old after 1809 update.

I using 1809 for few weeks & seems it deleted previous 1803 & noticed the Windows.old folder is there with no files only sub folders & wont delete. I went into safe mode & cant not delete it. I tried to rename folder rebooted & still can not delete.
    Can Not Delete Windows.old after 1809 update. [​IMG]

I did a Disk Cleanup & this keep showing & wont delete & I reboot do it again still there

Here is whats is the windows.old sub folder that wont delete

If i click that folder says this

If I delete it says this

What is the fix for this?

Thanks

:)

DrSysop, Oct 24, 2018

2. Windows 10’s October 2018 Update (version 1809) Update Stuck at 42%

Windows 10 1809 is just a day old. My suggestion is to hold on till the first cumulative updates arrive.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 24, 2018
  3. WillBthr Win User
    Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 24, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Can Not Delete Windows.old after 1809 update. - Similar Threads - Delete old 1809

2. Trying to delete Windows old after update to W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to delete Windows old after update to W11: Trying to delete Windows old after update to W11 because my c: drive is low on space but my machine can't or won't delete it. Tells me it's doing it but Windows old is still there and I'm still short of disc space. how do I delete the old files to give W11 the space it needs...
  3. Trying to delete Windows old after update to W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to delete Windows old after update to W11: Trying to delete Windows old after update to W11 because my c: drive is low on space but my machine can't or won't delete it. Tells me it's doing it but Windows old is still there and I'm still short of disc space. how do I delete the old files to give W11 the space it needs...
  4. can not update to 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can not update to 1809: Hi guys. For some reason I can not update my windows version to 1903. I just keep geting this: [ATTACH] - - - Updated - - - [img] 163731
  5. Update 1809 deleted files

Update 1809 deleted files: Windows update 1809 installed automatically on Feb 9th. It lost all of my files. I found them and copied them back to My Documents/Pictures?videos etc. I also set up Outlook again. On Feb 12th an update happened again and all files were gone. Outlook also lost my profile...
  6. Can Not Delete Windowso.old after 1809 update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can Not Delete Windowso.old after 1809 update.: I using 1809 for few weeks & seems it deleted previous 1803 & noticed the Windows.old folder is there with no files only sub folders & wont delete. I went into safe mode & cant not delete it. I tried to rename folder rebooted & still can not delete. [img] I did a Disk...
  7. After update 1809 the system is deleted (Dell notebook)

After update 1809 the system is deleted (Dell notebook): Hello, my friend bought a refurbished notebook a few days ago and after the automatic update there is no system left. There was a win 10 pro refurbished version (64 bit) installed and I only have the product key for this version, no cd. I don't have much information about...
  8. Windows 10 and 1809 update with OLD drivers

Windows 10 and 1809 update with OLD drivers: Hi Community! Yesterday my Windows 10 proposed (I did not manually press the "Check for Updates...") to update my W10 Pro 1803 for 1809. The Windows update included a bunch of old driver versions (e.g. graphics adapter, display, NIC...) - basically all those driver "updates"...
  9. Update 1809 deleted files

Update 1809 deleted files: I installed a new built update for the 1809 set. Well, I found out after my computer restarted that two folders that i had created were deleted. Well, i just restored back to the earlier build of 1803 only to find out that the folders are visible but i get a message stating...
  10. Can Windows (old) folder be deleted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can Windows (old) folder be deleted: Can the "Windows (old)" folder be deleted safely? I only have a 128g ssd for my operating system, and 25gig is being taken up by a folder called Windows (old) I would like to free up some space. 22791

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i delete windows.old after 1809 update

2. after updating to 1809 can we delete windows.old file

3. remove old windows folder after updating to 1809

4. deleting previous windows file after updating 1809,
  5. how to delete windows.old 1809 version,
  6. windows old remove 1809