Windows 10: Can not disable autoscroll over inactive window

Discus and support Can not disable autoscroll over inactive window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Around a week ago my laptopo went haywire. It automatiacally scrolls almost everything, webpages, excel documets, even windows menus. There is no rhyme... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zajcew82, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Zajcew82 Win User

Can not disable autoscroll over inactive window

Around a week ago my laptopo went haywire. It automatiacally scrolls almost everything, webpages, excel documets, even windows menus. There is no rhyme or reason to it, sometines it scroll vertically, sometimes horizontally, sometimes active windows, sometimes inactive ones.

Autoscroll over inactive window is off. Ive tried unplugging and turning off various devices, including a mouse, keyboard, touchpad etc. I've tried googling for answers and tried a veriety of solutions, including switching to a diffrent user (it still autoscrolls), uninstalling windows updates (still autoscrolls) and using safe mode (it doesn't scroll as far as I can tell)

This is driving me nuts especially as I'm usually working with multiple excel spreadsheets and they all keep autoscrolling all over the place! Why is this feature even in Windows, who uses it?

I do not want to reinstall the system as it's going to take a lot of time to reinstall all the software that I have.

Please help!

:)

Zajcew82, Oct 15, 2019
  2. D STINSON Win User

autoscroll

Why hasn't anyone created an autoscroll app for the Windows Phone?

It would be nice to set a scrolling pace to read documents larger than one page rather than flick-flick-flick ad nauseum.

Had a similar feature on my Palm VII ten years ago; seems like somebody ought to be able to create this.

(I'm no developer, or I would try it myself.)

D STINSON, Oct 15, 2019
  3. scroll inactive window

Hi,

To address your concern with Scroll Inactive Window, we suggest that you update the driver of your mouse. Check this link
    for the steps.

Let us know how it goes.

MaRoselle Cag, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Can not disable autoscroll over inactive window

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Can not disable autoscroll over inactive window

1. Can not disable autoscroll over inactive window - Similar Threads - disable autoscroll inactive

2. Windows 10 autoscrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 autoscrolling: Hello! I have been facing an issue regarding windows Autos scrolling despite having no issues with mouse and keyboard for 3 days.Initially, I detached my wireless mouse to see if the problem is in the mouse.However,it persisted after disconnecting the mouse.Even after all the...
  3. Windows 10 autoscrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 autoscrolling: Hello! I have been facing an issue regarding windows Autos scrolling despite having no issues with mouse and keyboard for 3 days.Initially, I detached my wireless mouse to see if the problem is in the mouse.However,it persisted after disconnecting the mouse.Even after all the...
  4. Windows 10 autoscrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Autoscrolling in windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Autoscrolling in windows: Hi Since the last windows update but screen will automatically scroll as soon as I am on a windows screen. I've tried to go into uninstall on settings, but it won't let me go to the top of the screen to click uninstall updates as automatically scrolls down. This is driving me...
  6. How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10: Microsoft has introduced one of the most polarizing features in Windows 10, Inactive Scrolling. Before the introduction of this feature, you would have to select a window to activate it, and then only could you scroll through the content. However, with this feature enabled,...
  7. Windows menus autoscroll to the top

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows menus autoscroll to the top: Since the last february 2020 update that I installed on the 12th, every since windows menu has the top box auto-highlighted by a rectangle. If I click anything, my choice gets ignored and the rectangle scrolls back up to the top, doing nothing. I cannot click ANYTHING in...
  8. autoscroll in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    autoscroll in windows 10: Is there a way to disable the autoscroll in Windows 10 on my hp laptop? It's making making me crazy! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoscroll-in-windows-10/1ee42017-67db-4558-9770-68b2935ea1d6
  9. How to disable Windows opening programs on inactive monitors?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Windows opening programs on inactive monitors?: Hi all, I have 3 monitors in my setup and I am really getting annoyed how Windows 10 starts a program on the last used monitor. I sometimes turn one or more of my monitors off when I am not using them, but never my main one since it is broken. Is there any way I can...
  10. Disable inactive lock screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable inactive lock screen.: Good afternoon, I've got a feeling I'm missing something really basic but I am unable to disable the lock screen that appears after approx 5 minutes of inactivity. I've used registry and deactivated it following tutorials but that has only stopped the lock screen on...