Windows 10: Can not download/run any program from the internet.

Discus and support Can not download/run any program from the internet. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using windows 10 on a Surface 3. I've tried to download several programs from the internet using chrome and the explorer that comes with windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JOEBOB, Oct 1, 2015.

1. JOEBOB Win User

Can not download/run any program from the internet.

Using windows 10 on a Surface 3. I've tried to download several programs from the internet using chrome and the explorer that comes with windows 10.
    It will show were it downloads and says it is complete, but it will not open and run the program. It just disappears . I have went to downloads and tried to run it as administrator. Then it will pop up with a error code, Windows can not find the download make sure you typed the name correctly.
    I'm not sure when this started, but when I first switched over I had to download iTunes 2 times which went through. Now nothing.

Help

:)

JOEBOB, Oct 1, 2015

2. I am trying to run a new program from the internet but it says a error message to run it as an administrator for the first time of using.

Can you check if the software you're trying to download is also for Windows 10?

GregSheridan, Oct 1, 2015
  3. I am trying to run a new program from the internet but it says a error message to run it as an administrator for the first time of using.

Hi I am trying to do a software download from the internet in order to update my rc cars speed controller. It is from the website Skyrc.com but I get an error message to say that I must be an administrator of which I am. its strange and frustrating tbh.
    After a solution, can someone please help?

DarrenFord87, Oct 1, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Try saving when you download instead of choosing run, then go to downloads, right click the file, choose properties on the bottom right tick unblock save &close then unzip it and click the .exe file.

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2015
  5. JOEBOB Win User
    The only options after downloading is open or show in folder. Then just disappears from the bottom of the chrome page after i click open.

If i go to downloads and click open it say this app can't run on this PC.
    If i click on run as administrator it pops up with the error code Can not find this program.

JOEBOB, Oct 1, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Do it like I said in Internet Explorer.

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2015
  7. JOEBOB Win User
    When using explorer it gives me the options of - view or open. If i choose open it says this file can not be opened it might have been moved or deleted.

JOEBOB, Oct 1, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

There should be something like this in IE

Can not download/run any program from the internet. [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2015
  9. caperjack Win User
    if its nothing personal, maybe share the download link and we can try ,to make sure what you are downloading isn't corrupt or just part files

caperjack, Oct 1, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Good idea*Thumbs

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2015
  11. JOEBOB Win User
    It doesn't matter what I try to download. I've tried several things. Even a MP3 file will not work. Tried to show a screen shot but it was in a PNG format.

JOEBOB, Oct 1, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    You're using Edge not Internet Explorer. Try Internet Explorer. in Start menu>All apps>Windows Accessories>Internet Explorer

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2015
  13. JOEBOB Win User

Ok i ran in with explorer. Save instead of run. but when i hit properties in downloads this is what i get.

JOEBOB, Oct 1, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    Didn't it come down as a zip file, if you saved it should have, then right click the zip first and unblock, then extract after:

I ask, because it has always been that way for me.

Cliff S, Oct 1, 2015
  15. JOEBOB Win User
    No what you see is what showed up.

JOEBOB, Oct 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Can not download/run any program from the internet. - Similar Threads - download run program

2. Cannot run any programs from the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot run any programs from the start menu: I want to use the start menu to access my programs. However, whenever I click anything it suddenly closed, when I click icons or even search by typing....
  3. Cannot run any programs from the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run any programs from the start menu: I want to use the start menu to access my programs. However, whenever I click anything it suddenly closed, when I click icons or even search by typing....
  4. Cannot run any programs from the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program: My relatively new Windows 10 laptop has a recurring issue where it cannot download any files from the internet.It was so frustrating I reinstalled Windows entirely. After a month or two the problem came back. In Firefox and Steam, the program will crash instantly when trying...
  6. Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program: My relatively new Windows 10 laptop has a recurring issue where it cannot download any files from the internet.It was so frustrating I reinstalled Windows entirely. After a month or two the problem came back. In Firefox and Steam, the program will crash instantly when trying...
  7. Cannot download any files from the internet, from any program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can not download anything from the internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not download anything from the internet: I am trying to download files off of the internet to MOD a game i play. i click download and once it reaches 100% a pop up says blank contained a virus and has been deleted. i watched some viedos and they said to disable antivirus settings in windows security center. After...
  9. Unable to download any programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to download any programs: Hello, Every time I attempt to download something, whether it is the Adobe update or a game, my computer screen flashes black and eventually freezes, forcing me to manually shut down my PC. I have tried shutting off the firewall, have used multiple security and computer...
  10. I can not run any program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can not run any program: I have installed Windows 10.but none of the program i can run.only open files. not even google chrome or any other dekstop program r working.what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-run-any-program/85c66dc3-7a26-4543-8122-4fa9d5eb6427