Windows 10: Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad.

Discus and support Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by john j miller iii, May 5, 2019.

1. Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad.

Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad

:)

john j miller iii, May 5, 2019
  2. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad. [​IMG]

Josie23, May 5, 2019
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    disable touchpad

Hi Donna,

Disabling touchpad will depend on the make and model of your Laptop. Some models would have its own button that would allow you to disable/enable the touchpad from the keyboard. Other models would also have settings from its own driver software that would
    allow you to toggle it on/off. Since you've mentioned that your laptop is Dell, may we know the specific model?

However, if you have other pointing device to connect on your laptop (like a mouse), you can disable the touchpad through Windows settings by following these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    • Click Devices.
    • Choose Touchpad.
    • Uncheck Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected.

After performing the steps above, your touchpad will be disabled until you disconnect the other pointing device.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Ralph Sta, May 5, 2019
  4. nxavis9 Win User

Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad.

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad.

1. Can not enable/disable HP Laptop touchpad. - Similar Threads - enable disable Laptop

2. Disabling laptop touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling laptop touchpad: Until recently, there was a box to check on the touchpad settings that disabled it when a USB pointing device was connected. That's no longer there, and I haven't been able to find a way to disable the touchpad. Can anyone help? Running Windows 10 Home with latest updates on...
  3. Disabling HP touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling HP touchpad: After a recent Windows 10 update, I can no longer disable the touchpad. None of the solutions available online will work on my laptop. I have a HP-15b51xx, Laptop-UVHJIJ6N. I will provide additional info as needed....
  4. unable to disable touchpad on Win 10 HP laptop

unable to disable touchpad on Win 10 HP laptop: Can't download Synaptics touchpad device control app from Microsoft store so I'm looking for a solution! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-disable-touchpad-on-win-10-hp-laptop/f65398fb-0eca-497d-9e2e-7fa43cab1383
  5. Bitlocker Enabled on New HP Laptop - Disable or Keep?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Enabled on New HP Laptop - Disable or Keep?: I just bought a new HP ProBook and I've just noticed it is supplied with Bitlocker enabled on the system drive. I only use the laptop in a secure location for general home PC use. Are there any disadvantages of keeping Bitlocker enabled on the drive? Macrium Reflect works OK...
  6. Bitlocker Enabled on New HP Laptop - Disable or Keep?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bitlocker Enabled on New HP Laptop - Disable or Keep?: I just bought a new HP ProBook and I've just noticed it is supplied with Bitlocker enabled on the system drive. I only use the laptop in a secure location for general home PC use. Are there any disadvantages of keeping Bitlocker enabled on the drive? Macrium Reflect works OK...
  7. touchpad enable/disable hot key on lenovo laptop

touchpad enable/disable hot key on lenovo laptop: often when I start my Lenovo laptop the touchpad and pointer is not enabled! as you can imagine trying to get a laptop to do anything without a touchpad is very difficult. I have tried to get into the touchpad function window via 'settings' arrows, touchpad, arrow/stop key...
  8. Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable on demand. This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the touchpad...
  9. Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows How to Enable or Disable Double Tap to Enable or Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable on demand. The...
  10. Can I disable the touchpad in a Lenovo laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I disable the touchpad in a Lenovo laptop?: In June a friend bought a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop running Win 8.1. He particularly dislikes touchpads so uses a mouse. In 8.1 I was able to disable the touchpad for him, via Device Manager. He's now updated to Win 10 and the touchpad has come back to life. I've been trying to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable touchpad with 3rd party software in windows 10

2. can not disable touchpad pointer in hp windows 10 laptop

3. hp notebook windows 10 1903 synaptics ps/2 touchpad driver download

4. Can not disable a touchpad on a HP notebook