Windows 10: can not enter pin upon wakeup

Discus and support can not enter pin upon wakeup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It seems like the I can not enter my pin after wake up issue has been around for years without an answer. It is a security issue, since it has forced... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WillSteinsiek, Feb 1, 2020.

1. can not enter pin upon wakeup

It seems like the I can not enter my pin after wake up issue has been around for years without an answer. It is a security issue, since it has forced me to abandon the lock screen entirely. Come on Microsoft.

:)

WillSteinsiek, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Kupuna Win User

Can't enter PIN for Headset

I'm grateful for your replies. I obviously haven't done a good job of explaining. Here are snips of the windows involved. I have done all the steps suggested, but I can't directly enter the PIN in the larger window. That seems to be my only problem. Plantronics hasn't answered yet, but I'll hope they come through.

can not enter pin upon wakeup [​IMG]

can not enter pin upon wakeup [​IMG]

Kupuna, Feb 1, 2020
  3. How to log in using PIN without pressing ENTER?

Hi Balázs,

There several reasons that may cause the issue. We suggest you check the setting on your computer by following these steps to help us in resolving the issue:

• From the Start menu, click Settings or the gear icon.
    • Go to Account settings.
    • Click the Sign-in options.
    • Make sure that Password option is disabled or removed for you to use only the PIN without you hitting the Enter key.

Let us know if this helps.

Kristine Som, Feb 1, 2020
  4. can not enter pin upon wakeup

PIN Entry on Enter

Hi,

To disable your PIN login, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start and go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click Remove. It will ask for a confirmation, just click
      Remove.

After that, your PIN login will be disabled.

Let us know how it goes.

Marielle Cas, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

can not enter pin upon wakeup

1. can not enter pin upon wakeup - Similar Threads - enter pin upon

2. Pin Number and Enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Number and Enter: Here's a simple problem but which I cannot overcome but one of you folks can. When I type in my PIN number on this laptop, it automatically opens Windows. On another laptop, when I type in the PIN number, I have to hit the enter button for it to open Windows. Why is that and...
  3. Can't enter PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't enter PIN: I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue. In the initial log-in screen, it will not register any characters, making it impossible for me to log-in and do anything else...
  4. Can't enter PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter PIN: I am not able to type in anything for the PIN on the initial screen when I turn on the computer. I've checked the keyboard and that is not the issue. In the initial log-in screen, it will not register any characters, making it impossible for me to log-in and do anything else...
  5. Can't enter PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 1% charge error upon startup/wakeup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 1% charge error upon startup/wakeup: Whenever I power up my computer, it sometimes says that the battery is at 1%. However, it turns out that it is not correct as the percentage immediately jumps whenever I plug in e.g. 1% on battery, 29% as soon as I plug in. Is there a problem with the battery and/or a...
  7. entered incorrect PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    entered incorrect PIN: I entered an incorrect PIN too many times and now locked out Windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entered-incorrect-pin/3e8182d3-724e-4a78-8cac-f85d4327b887
  8. Entering a Pin to sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Entering a Pin to sign in: I cannot login to my microsoft word account as it requires me to provide a pin (that I can't remember). The system advises me to go to the Settings page then the account page and so forth in order to resolve it however, another one of my accounts is logged onto my laptop....
  9. BSOD upon ENTERING sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD upon ENTERING sleep mode: Hi, I have an Acer Laptop that was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Please see system info below). I had some problems with (seemingly) random restarts before but that seemed to have resolved itself But since yesterday, the Laptop gives me a BSOD whenever it tries...
  10. How Not to Enter Password Wakeup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Not to Enter Password Wakeup: Some might say, Windows 10 home can be frustrating. Ok!, When my desktop goes to sleep, I have to enter my password on wakeup. I've searched all over the internet...and that includes www.tenforurs.com and printed out some thirty pages on how it can be done, but, no luck. I...