Windows 10: Can not execute/run FCAT-VR in powershell or CMD

Discus and support Can not execute/run FCAT-VR in powershell or CMD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First posting and I do hope thet it is in the right section, if not feel free to move this to the proper one. My problem: I'm trying to execute FCAT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dutch2, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Dutch2 Win User

Can not execute/run FCAT-VR in powershell or CMD

First posting and I do hope thet it is in the right section, if not feel free to move this to the proper one.

My problem:
    I'm trying to execute FCAT VR (not FCAT) in Win10-64 pro as can be found at the Nvidia site
    https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...d-how-to-guide
    https://www.geforce.com/hardware/tec...fcat/downloads
    I did use to run this software in Powershell and in CMD. I did use the Install.cmd execute codes the one with .\ and the one without, do not know what is the difference. Run my OS in administrator mode, give the complete folder at full control, disabled readonly for all folders, but still it did give me the failure sign, “please run this scrip as admin. exiting”

So whats is wrong inhere, who can help me.

:)

Dutch2, Mar 10, 2019
  2. StefanM Win User
    StefanM, Mar 10, 2019
  3. CMD and PowerShell

Hi Andre,

I did all items you listed.

After reboot, running CMD and powershell (admin) had the same result ("no app associated"). So I turned the feature off in taskbar settings.

Regards,

Danker

dschaareman, Mar 10, 2019
  4. tcebob Win User

Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd

I tried the suggested command and it does work manually in Power Shell. But Task Scheduler chokes on it.

Can not execute/run FCAT-VR in powershell or CMD [​IMG]

If i say "Yes" it breaks up the command string to "%C:\program" with the rest of the command as an argument.

tcebob, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Can not execute/run FCAT-VR in powershell or CMD - Similar Threads - execute run FCAT

2. Why PowerShell does not run executables path and CMD does?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why PowerShell does not run executables path and CMD does?: 1. Why PowerShell does not run executables as shown in screenshot below and CMD does?2. I first opened PowerShell as admin and ran 3. "C:\Users\xyz\Downloads\Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI\Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe"4. Setup did not start.5. I then opened cmd as admin pasted...
  3. Why PowerShell does not run executables path and CMD does?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why PowerShell does not run executables path and CMD does?: 1. Why PowerShell does not run executables as shown in screenshot below and CMD does?2. I first opened PowerShell as admin and ran 3. "C:\Users\xyz\Downloads\Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI\Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe"4. Setup did not start.5. I then opened cmd as admin pasted...
  4. Why PowerShell does not run executables path and CMD does?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Most windows executable commands not recognized by CMD and PowerShell.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most windows executable commands not recognized by CMD and PowerShell.: Out of nowhere commands which involve executables like explorer.exe, msedge.exe, mspaint.exe, where, etc. are not working in command prompt or PowerShell. The output of the command prompt seem to be quite simple: ```C:\Users\grass>where 'where' is not recognized as an...
  6. Most windows executable commands not recognized by CMD and PowerShell.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most windows executable commands not recognized by CMD and PowerShell.: Out of nowhere commands which involve executables like explorer.exe, msedge.exe, mspaint.exe, where, etc. are not working in command prompt or PowerShell. The output of the command prompt seem to be quite simple: ```C:\Users\grass>where 'where' is not recognized as an...
  7. 10 CMD commands that can be executed with PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    10 CMD commands that can be executed with PowerShell: [ATTACH] PowerShell is Microsoft’s own alternative to their own Command Prompt. Earlier, Microsoft announced that they will be open sourcing PowerShell and will be bringing it to recent versions and different Linux flavors like Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux,...
  8. CMD and PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and PowerShell: Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)". If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message: Same with...
  9. Fix: Cannot run Executables with parameters using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix: Cannot run Executables with parameters using PowerShell: When running a command in-line PowerShell with parameters usually you would do this like & "ipconfig.exe /all". When you run it like that you will get the error saying that it is not recognized. & : The term 'ipconfig.exe /all' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet,...
  10. Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd: [img] [img] The screen shots show results of running Code: "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashCmd.exe" /@=Quick[/quote] in both PS and Cmd. The problem is I have made a task in Task Scheduler to run this command daily and, apparently, Task Scheduler insists on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fcat run