Windows 10: Can not factory reset my pc

Discus and support Can not factory reset my pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay so my brother received a new laptop for school and gave me his desk top. It is an HP Pavilion 20 all in one desktop with 4gb of ram, a dual core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thatdreamer1, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Can not factory reset my pc

Okay so my brother received a new laptop for school and gave me his desk top. It is an HP Pavilion 20 all in one desktop with 4gb of ram, a dual core processor, well it turns out it is only pushing half of what it has. So I went to factory reset it so I could sell it because I like gaming and this is not the pc for me. Turns out it is missing allot of what it needs to factory reset it. I do not know what to do. I do know it originally had windows 8.something and when they let WND8 be upgraded to windows 10 he did it. There is no windows 8 files no recovery disk. I do not know what this jackass did but the state he left it in is garbage. HOW CAN I GET IT BACK TO NORMAL??? and no I do not have CD, DVD, OR USB. I do have some experience working with Running Commands on Windows and Linux on a step by step basis. I have decent download speed. Just wanted to put all that because I assumed assumptions would be made and questions would be asked so there is the whole deal. can anyone give me some advice?

:)

Thatdreamer1, Jan 11, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 11, 2020
  3. factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 11, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Can not factory reset my pc

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Can not factory reset my pc

1. Can not factory reset my pc - Similar Threads - factory reset

2. Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?: Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reseting-my-pc-to-factory-settings-affect-a/a5c4a925-fc91-4481-8aec-eb1a3dc4695b
  3. Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive?: Will reseting my PC to Factory settings affect a network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reseting-my-pc-to-factory-settings-affect-a/a5c4a925-fc91-4481-8aec-eb1a3dc4695b
  4. Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset: Hi there. Four days ago, running a Full Scan, Windows Defender caught a trojan, Script/Wacatac.H!ml, which was apparently hanging out in Mozilla/Firefox. But then the Security "Protection History" said "Remediation Incomplete" and listed four folders of...
  5. Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset

Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset: Hi there. Four days ago, running a Full Scan, Windows Defender caught a trojan, Script/Wacatac.H!ml, which was apparently hanging out in Mozilla/Firefox. But then the Security "Protection History" said "Remediation Incomplete" and listed four folders of...
  6. Windows 10 Defender still unable to complete full scan after trojan detected and factory reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Factory resetting prevents pairing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory resetting prevents pairing?: I've factory reset my PC new PC because there were some issues with finding my DNS server. Just for a new problem to arise. My mouse now can't pair with the computer and is marked as an unknown device. I think that it could be because it was still paired during the reset....
  8. Factory resetting prevents pairing?

Factory resetting prevents pairing?: I've factory reset my PC new PC because there were some issues with finding my DNS server. Just for a new problem to arise. My mouse now can't pair with the computer and is marked as an unknown device. I think that it could be because it was still paired during the reset....
  9. Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?: I've lost a lot of performance recently and before upgrading my pc, I want to factory reset it and hopefully get rid of something that may be causing the loss in performance. But I've been scared to do so since I do not know where or if I even wrote down my Windows activation...
  10. Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?

Will Windows 10 ask for the activation key after doing a Factory Reset?: I've lost a lot of performance recently and before upgrading my pc, I want to factory reset it and hopefully get rid of something that may be causing the loss in performance. But I've been scared to do so since I do not know where or if I even wrote down my Windows activation...