Windows 10: can not find desktop

Discus and support can not find desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the latest update, my Desktop has disappeared and I can not find the taskbar. What has happened. Who do I call at Microsoft for this issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jofitzpa3, Apr 22, 2020.

1. jofitzpa3 Win User

can not find desktop

After the latest update, my Desktop has disappeared and I can not find the taskbar.

What has happened.

Who do I call at Microsoft for this issue?

:)

jofitzpa3, Apr 22, 2020

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 22, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 22, 2020
  4. can not find desktop

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

can not find desktop

1. can not find desktop - Similar Threads - find desktop

2. How to find calculator.exe path and add shortcut to desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find calculator.exe path and add shortcut to desktop?: In Windows 11 how do I find the executable path to the calculator executable, then add a shortcut to the calculator on my windows desktop?This used to be easy under Windows 10! So far the only way I see to find and executable path is in the Task Manager, which is in and of...
  3. How to find calculator.exe path and add shortcut to desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find calculator.exe path and add shortcut to desktop?: In Windows 11 how do I find the executable path to the calculator executable, then add a shortcut to the calculator on my windows desktop?This used to be easy under Windows 10! So far the only way I see to find and executable path is in the Task Manager, which is in and of...
  4. I cannot find the BitLocker recovery key for my desktop in my Microsoft account anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot find the BitLocker recovery key for my desktop in my Microsoft account anymore.: I replaced the processor in my desktop with a new one and wanted to look up the recovery keys at https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey. However, I can only find the recovery key for my laptop there, not for my desktop. Even though I had set during the activation...
  5. I cannot find the BitLocker recovery key for my desktop in my Microsoft account anymore.

I cannot find the BitLocker recovery key for my desktop in my Microsoft account anymore.: I replaced the processor in my desktop with a new one and wanted to look up the recovery keys at https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey. However, I can only find the recovery key for my laptop there, not for my desktop. Even though I had set during the activation...
  6. How can I unlink my PC from my laptop as the desktops are synced and I cannot find the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I unlink my PC from my laptop as the desktops are synced and I cannot find the...: I am using Windows 11 and the last post I saw with a similar issue is very outdated so I'm not sure how to proceed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-unlink-my-pc-from-my-laptop-as-the/a110680a-12c7-492e-bd9c-002dd95dc9a4
  7. How can I unlink my PC from my laptop as the desktops are synced and I cannot find the...

How can I unlink my PC from my laptop as the desktops are synced and I cannot find the...: I am using Windows 11 and the last post I saw with a similar issue is very outdated so I'm not sure how to proceed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-unlink-my-pc-from-my-laptop-as-the/a110680a-12c7-492e-bd9c-002dd95dc9a4
  8. How can I unlink my PC from my laptop as the desktops are synced and I cannot find the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. How can I change the font on my desktop file names if I can't find color management and...

How can I change the font on my desktop file names if I can't find color management and...: Hi. How can I change the font on my desktop file names if I can't find color management and advanced system management in my Personalization menu?...
  10. How can I change the font on my desktop file names if I can't find color management and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the font on my desktop file names if I can't find color management and...: Hi. How can I change the font on my desktop file names if I can't find color management and advanced system management in my Personalization menu?...