Windows 10: can not find files in downloads and my document s on my PC

Discus and support can not find files in downloads and my document s on my PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It seems that I have lost my files and folders in downloads and documents after an update of windows 10. Do nay one Know how can i recover them ?Thank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Christian Nyalihama, Dec 26, 2021.

1. can not find files in downloads and my document s on my PC

It seems that I have lost my files and folders in downloads and documents after an update of windows 10. Do nay one Know how can i recover them ?Thank youBest

:)

Christian Nyalihama, Dec 26, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 26, 2021
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Dec 26, 2021
  4. Micah Bat Win User

can not find files in downloads and my document s on my PC

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Dec 26, 2021
Thema:

can not find files in downloads and my document s on my PC

1. can not find files in downloads and my document s on my PC - Similar Threads - find files downloads

2. I can't find a document in my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find a document in my files: I can't find a document in my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-a-document-in-my-files/39d7088c-40a6-403e-b6a5-76b390a5f484
  3. I can't find a document in my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't find a document in my files: I can't find a document in my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-a-document-in-my-files/39d7088c-40a6-403e-b6a5-76b390a5f484
  4. My pc just let me download files on the documents folder

My pc just let me download files on the documents folder: i cant donwload in any other area just in the documents folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-just-let-me-download-files-on-the-documents/a889f99c-830c-4368-8fc2-c19945f2588d
  5. Download and My Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download and My Documents: Hello,I have a problem with windows 10,My Downloads & My Documents.location seem to always be updating and merging with each other.I have a folder on my Drive D for my documents called "documents"and a folder on my Drive F for my downloadswhen ever i set any of the windows...
  6. Download and My Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download and My Documents: Hello,I have a problem with windows 10,My Downloads & My Documents.location seem to always be updating and merging with each other.I have a folder on my Drive D for my documents called "documents"and a folder on my Drive F for my downloadswhen ever i set any of the windows...
  7. Download and My Documents

8. can not find files in downloads and my document s on my PC

can not find files in downloads and my document s on my PC: It seems that I have lost my files and folders in downloads and documents after an update of windows 10. Do nay one Know how can i recover them ?Thank youBest...
  9. can not find files in downloads and my document s on my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can not find files in downloads and my document s on my PC: It seems that I have lost my files and folders in downloads and documents after an update of windows 10. Do nay one Know how can i recover them ?Thank youBest...
  10. Can’t Find My Document Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t Find My Document Files: I’m running Windows 10 on an HP computer. The computer’s motherboard failed this past week, and I’m trying to recover files from the hard drive. I don’t use OneDrive and I’ve defeated it by simply not logging into OneDrive when I log onto the computer. when i access my...