Windows 10: Can not find link for OS downloads - windows 10

Discus and support Can not find link for OS downloads - windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last summer I used a link to update my system to windows 10 - Microsoft honored my win 7 COA licence and allowed me to upgrade. I can not find this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonMurray, Feb 13, 2020.

1. DonMurray Win User

Can not find link for OS downloads - windows 10

Last summer I used a link to update my system to windows 10 - Microsoft honored my win 7 COA licence and allowed me to upgrade. I can not find this link. I made a USB from that link and it worked. I have searched my posts and can not find it.
    It was a website that allowed me to download OS installs. ONe in particular was a Update to windows 10 from 7

:)

DonMurray, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2020
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@Drone : No link for 17134.5?

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

According to this link and whether or not these have been Insider Preview Builds as @FordGT90Concept contends, I found this link: [Changelog] What's New in Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Version 1803) - AskVG

Windows 10 Build 10.0.17134 Changelog:​Build 17134 was the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after Fall Creators Update. It was released on April 16, 2018. This new build arrived via new "RS4" (RedStone4) development branch.
    • Bug fixes and general improvements

jsfitz54, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

Dude, please stop bashing things you don't fully understand.

SFC is the first step, System File Checker. That can fix many issues using various flags and knowing the context, and is a first step when there is doubt about system integrity. This is a simple utility and using SFC /Scannow will be the most commonly used flagged command for initial repair diagnostics. Takes a few minutes and is worth doing to resolve issues. While it can repair many issues, there's also many it cannot. That's where the next step comes in should you need it.

DISM, or Deployment Image Servicing and Management, is the big gorilla in Windows OSes for repairs and image management. It has a wide variety of uses from image capture and deploy to repair.

The common command for DISM was DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth,

Just running this can result in a system being repaired, but since the launch of Windows 10, the image check has become more complicated, requiring you have the Install.WIM file available for the OS version you're trying to repair. This is relatively, though with Microsoft's deployment of Windows 10, most ISO's you get from them have an Install.ESD that must be converted to a .WIM file. Pretty easy to do with a command in CLI or Powershell.

I typed up an article about this in the past...I'll go ahead and share it here for a series of steps a person could take to repair OS corruptions in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10. It's not hard to do, but takes some attention to detail, being able to handle command line (which is easy), and a little patience.

I've personally fixed/repaired dozens if not hundreds of systems with these utilities, because simply... THEY WORK. How do I know? Because I'm a systems and network professional that has to manage 100s of Windows PCs ranging from XP to 10, and where we can use these utilities to repair corruption, we save a ton of time. My technicians, bench guys and engineers all know and use the hell out of these utilities.

I find it hard to accept your statement above as something acceptable to even say here, it clearly shows your lack of experience with using the repair utilities SFC and DISM correctly or looking into what the failures were and how to fix them appropriately. Nor is that kind of crap even what TPU is or has ever really been about, and being such a long time member I would have expected you know that...though you've always been that way so maybe it's just habitual...surely not helpful to anyone else participating in this thread, or even yourself.

The OS is literally telling you what is wrong and where it's keeping the information so you can look into it further, that's not whining, that's stating facts. Nice try though. If you don't want to learn how to fix OS corruption, don't blame the OS or tools, blame yourself and shut up about it, and don't bitch about the OS utilities whining...LOL, because in reality wouldn't your bitching mean you're whining??? *Slap :slap:

So knock that shit off and let's fix the issues instead k? *Wink Can not find link for OS downloads - windows 10 ;)

Kursah, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Can not find link for OS downloads - windows 10 - Similar Threads - find link downloads

2. Download Link for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download Link for Windows 10: At least now I'm getting the Getting A Few Things Ready windows and going to install it to the thumbdrive.Do I choose 32 bit x86 and 64bit x64 or both or recommmended setting? The laptop its going to end up on is 64 BIT thats a HP Pavilion g7-1150us. But I'm doing this on a...
  3. Download Link for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download Link for Windows 10: At least now I'm getting the Getting A Few Things Ready windows and going to install it to the thumbdrive.Do I choose 32 bit x86 and 64bit x64 or both or recommmended setting? The laptop its going to end up on is 64 BIT thats a HP Pavilion g7-1150us. But I'm doing this on a...
  4. Download Link for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download Link for Windows 10: At least now I'm getting the Getting A Few Things Ready windows and going to install it to the thumbdrive.Do I choose Both32 bit x86 and 64 x64 or both? The laptop its going to end up on is 64 BIT thats a HP Pavilion g7-1150us.Sorry about the lack of patience...forgive...
  5. Download link for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download link for Windows 10: Dear Friends,Hope all is well.My computer had Windows 7 64 BIT and via an update we were not aware of Windows 10 was installed. Went to bed with 7 and woke up with 10.I need to do a clean install of Window 10 and I need the correct File/Link/Download.Out of frustration and...
  6. Download link for Windows 10

Download link for Windows 10: Dear Friends,Hope all is well.My computer had Windows 7 64 BIT and via an update we were not aware of Windows 10 was installed. Went to bed with 7 and woke up with 10.I need to do a clean install of Window 10 and I need the correct File/Link/Download.Out of frustration and...
  7. Where can I find the Windows Speech Recognition Macro** app link download for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find the Windows Speech Recognition Macro** app link download for Windows 10?: Where can I find the Windows Speech Recognition Macro** app link download? All that I have found are old dead links. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-the-windows-speech-recognition/27fac6e4-9a79-46d6-9167-0c3d2a9c7c4a
  8. Where can I find the Windows Speech Recognition Macro** app link download for Windows 10?

Where can I find the Windows Speech Recognition Macro** app link download for Windows 10?: Where can I find the Windows Speech Recognition Macro** app link download? All that I have found are old dead links. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-the-windows-speech-recognition/27fac6e4-9a79-46d6-9167-0c3d2a9c7c4a
  9. Broken Link in Windows 10 OS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken Link in Windows 10 OS: If you go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Problem Details and then click "Learn how to report problems and check for solutions automatically." it will go to [ATTACH] the URL https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=517009 which is broken...
  10. Can't find Windows 10 download link or product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find Windows 10 download link or product key: I purchased Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, the only thing in store is an Install button, which gives a useless "Something happened" error. No download link or product key anywhere. Can I even refund it?...