Windows 10: Can not find my EFI partition

Discus and support Can not find my EFI partition in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello, i ran into an issue this week when i decided i wanted to have dualboot manjaro and windows 10. The issue is being is that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MonteDeVas, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Can not find my EFI partition

Can not find my EFI partition WvwTWaz8krGWhHVSzICpponK3XRiO1X4ernlxDzoOy4.jpg

Hello, i ran into an issue this week when i decided i wanted to have dualboot manjaro and windows 10.
    The issue is being is that i apparently dont have an EFI partition although Windows boots normally.
    Is there a way to recreate one or should i just format my drives as a whole and reinstall windows 10?Thanks in advance.

https://preview.redd.it/evrng6ntf5h...bp&s=d0cbf899eb8430cb18ce9e09ed94f72b61ef3de2

submitted by /u/MonteDeVas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MonteDeVas, Aug 15, 2020
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Can not find my EFI partition :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Suvrat18 Win User
    Blank EFI Partition

I have an ASUS R558UR.

I had windows 10 installed on my laptop and I decided to again have a clean install of windows 10. I booted from USB and cleaned windows partition i.e. C drive and also cleaned EFI partition. I reformatted Drive and it had also created EFI partition of 100
    MB. I installed windows on laptop and setted that up. After installing windows my laptop it started taking a long time to boot about 90 seconds but earlier it took only 7-10 seconds. After analysing everything I found that my EFI partition is blank.

Please suggest me how to write back EFI partition so as to reduce boot times.

Thanks in Advace.

Suvrat18, Aug 15, 2020
  4. dictum Win User

Can not find my EFI partition

Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk

That's not what they suggest here:

FIX: Steps to Fix Winload.EFI Error - Appuals.com

Winload.EFI Error, is pretty much self explanatory by it’s name is an error that prevents windows from loading. This is usually caused by corrupt boot records or incorrect boot configuration. Depending on your Operating System, the error message may vary but the keyword winload.efi will be same. On a Windows 8/8.1/10 system, the error usually pops-up in the following form.

dictum, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Can not find my EFI partition

1. Can not find my EFI partition - Similar Threads - find EFI partition

2. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.: C:\WINDOWS\system32>MBR2GPT.EXE /convert /allowfullos MBR2GPT will now attempt to convert the default book disk. If conversion is successful the disk can only be booted in GPT mode. These changes cannot be undone! MBR2GPT: Attempting to convert disk 1 MBR2GPT: Retrieving...
  3. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hey everyone! So I've been trying to upgrade my Windows 10 to Windows 11.Downloaded PC Health Check --> Secure boot is missingNeed to change mi disk to GPT this lead me to MBR2GPT /convert /allowFullOsI get the Cannot find room for the EFI system partition in Command Propt...
  4. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hey everyone! So I've been trying to upgrade my Windows 10 to Windows 11.Downloaded PC Health Check --> Secure boot is missingNeed to change mi disk to GPT this lead me to MBR2GPT /convert /allowFullOsI get the Cannot find room for the EFI system partition in Command Propt...
  5. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

6. can i move EFI Partitions?

can i move EFI Partitions?: I wanted to extend a particular partition Specifically drive C:, as I have about 80gb of unallocated space, and the C: partition is completely full, however, there is an EFI partition in the way, and as windows has no functionality with assigning two different sections of a...
  7. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  8. cannot find room for the EFI system partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hey guys!So I've been notified that Windows 11 is available to upgrade to, but just as many other people, I cannot upgrade due to still being on Legecy MBR and TPM off. I tried the MBR2GPT cmd method and validation is successfull, but upon trying to convert I always get the...
  9. cannot find room for the EFI system partition

cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hey guys!So I've been notified that Windows 11 is available to upgrade to, but just as many other people, I cannot upgrade due to still being on Legecy MBR and TPM off. I tried the MBR2GPT cmd method and validation is successfull, but upon trying to convert I always get the...
  10. Cannot find room for the EFI system partition

Cannot find room for the EFI system partition: Hello, Microsoft forum people.Recently I've been trying to update from legacy bios to UEFI using mbr2gpt command. However non of my attempt actually succeeded. I kept getting an "Cannot find room for the EFI system partition" error over and over again. I tried all the...