Windows 10: Can not formant FAT32

Discus and support Can not formant FAT32 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The only options under Windows 10 is to Format exFAT and NTFS. Neither work in Non Windows devices! How can FAT32 be selected for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JasonOffice, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Can not formant FAT32

The only options under Windows 10 is to Format exFAT and NTFS. Neither work in Non Windows devices! How can FAT32 be selected for DashCam/Mobile/Tablet? Other than using the format feature of the Tablet.

:)

JasonOffice, Sep 30, 2019
  2. kenkickr Win User

FAT32 formatting

If you can plug the drive into a XP system you can partition and format to FAT32 through Drive Configuration. Heres the steps

1. Click Start and go to your control panel

2. Go into Administrative Tools and then open up Computer Management

3. Now click on Disk Management that is located under Storage.

On the right you should see your drive that you want to format to FAT32. Just right click the drive, select format, and switch partition to Fat32. You may need to delete the volume if it will not let you change to Fat32 and then repartition. I have used this many times.

kenkickr, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Can not formant FAT32

what is the difference in fat32 and NTFS HDD formating???

NTFS is far superior when it comes to data safety, as when it comes to performance with large files. Just disconnect and connect a FAT32 USB drive a few times without using the remove button and then do the same to a NTFS drive. The FAT32 drive will be screwed while the NTFS drives requires a run of chkdsk at the most. I wouldn't safe anything I wish to keep on a FAT32 disk.

DanTheBanjoman, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Can not formant FAT32

1. Can not formant FAT32 - Similar Threads - formant FAT32

2. how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?: how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?i cannot reboot our work computer, nothing works, usb drives are not read I had to reformat, i have no way of accessing anything on the system and am trying to restart it. Regback fails and I am at a a loss....
  3. how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?: how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?i cannot reboot our work computer, nothing works, usb drives are not read I had to reformat, i have no way of accessing anything on the system and am trying to restart it. Regback fails and I am at a a loss....
  4. how can i create a bootable win10.iso to run from a fat32 usb stick?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. my hard disk c drive is formantted with windows 10 license but other drivers locked by...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my hard disk c drive is formantted with windows 10 license but other drivers locked by...: my hard disk c drive is formantted with windows 10 license but other drivers locked by bitlocker and i have important data in it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-disk-c-drive-is-formantted-with-windows-10/e5ae5f92-aae7-4464-b77f-a3689fc7ba38
  6. my hard disk c drive is formantted with windows 10 license but other drivers locked by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hard disk c drive is formantted with windows 10 license but other drivers locked by...: my hard disk c drive is formantted with windows 10 license but other drivers locked by bitlocker and i have important data in it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-disk-c-drive-is-formantted-with-windows-10/e5ae5f92-aae7-4464-b77f-a3689fc7ba38
  7. my hard disk c drive is formantted with windows 10 license but other drivers locked by...

8. Borders Around Document on one Users PC and not others Formant DOC opens in comadiliy mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Borders Around Document on one Users PC and not others Formant DOC opens in comadiliy mode: The whole entire Document comes out with the borders. When I click info Compatibility mode in Word it does not Change Borders. IT is a DOC File. Thanks...
  9. Borders Around Document on one Users PC and not others Formant DOC opens in comadiliy mode

Borders Around Document on one Users PC and not others Formant DOC opens in comadiliy mode: The whole entire Document comes out with the borders. When I click info Compatibility mode in Word it does not Change Borders. IT is a DOC File. Thanks...
  10. Borders Around Document on one Users PC and not others Formant DOC opens in comadiliy mode

in Windows 10 Customization