Windows 10: CAN NOT GET AT MY x-os-M2-SSD to format it as a storage drive

Discus and support CAN NOT GET AT MY x-os-M2-SSD to format it as a storage drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So This m2 ssd drive did have a win10pro install on it. I pulled it out and then I installed my os on a regular ssd hard drive. Now I want to format... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DonMurray, Apr 18, 2020.

1. DonMurray Win User

CAN NOT GET AT MY x-os-M2-SSD to format it as a storage drive

So This m2 ssd drive did have a win10pro install on it. I pulled it out and then I installed my os on a regular ssd hard drive. Now I want to format that m2 ssd drive that is a GPT /uefi drive. I do not know or understand how I can boot up to a USB device and see it and format it as a mbr ntfs. Or even ok format it as a GPT disk.
    Do I have to have my bios set to secure boot to recognise a UEFI disk. ? Can GTP exist in a mbr non secure boot environment ? and UEFI I just do not get how to boot up to a USB drive and format this m2 drive so I can use it. I do not need anything that is on it but if I did how would I get at it ?? DO that make that imposiible. ? It will still boot up to the old install of win 10 but I want to format it as a storage drive.
    My mind is stuck in the old way of thinking where I select the USB device. I boot up acronis disk director in 64bit uefi mode and it does boot but it wont see my M2 drive. I do not get why not. ?

CAN NOT GET AT MY x-os-M2-SSD to format it as a storage drive [​IMG]

how do I format this m2 drive so I can use it for file storage ?? It will work perfect for a Photoshop scratch disk but I have not totally figured out how to get at this thing.
    Thank you .

:)

DonMurray, Apr 18, 2020
  2. techguy31 Win User

64Gb SSD for OS or 2Tb HDD for storage ?!

I suggest that you get the 2tb for storage. SSDs are only useful if you want to boot things fast like OS and programs. I actually suggest you get both if you have that many movies.

techguy31, Apr 18, 2020
  3. lacrumb Win User
    How do I format a M2 SSD that is plugged into USB.

I have a M2 SSD in an enclosure plugged into USB. Disk Management will not initialize. I think that it needs to be formatted. How do I do this?

lacrumb, Apr 18, 2020
  4. CAN NOT GET AT MY x-os-M2-SSD to format it as a storage drive

Migration from Hdd to m2.SSD

Recently I have purchased a new laptop (hp probook 450 G4) and a new original windows 10 home edition and now I want to upgrade my 1 TB Hdd to a new m2 ssd and my laptop supports another slot for the m2 ssd so I can run both
    the m2 ssd & hdd at the same time but I will make the m2 ssd the boot drive and the hdd will be the data drive.
    MY Question is how can I migrate system drive to the new m2 ssd without the need to reinstall windows or any other installed programs and there is another thing, when I checked the disk management I found 3 recovery partitions will I have to
    migrate them too or I have to migrate the system drive only

MostafaEl-Desoky, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

CAN NOT GET AT MY x-os-M2-SSD to format it as a storage drive

1. CAN NOT GET AT MY x-os-M2-SSD to format it as a storage drive - Similar Threads - SSD format storage

2. m2 nvme ssd removable drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    m2 nvme ssd removable drive: Hello, I installed m2 ssd nvme in the m2 port on the motherboard. But it appears in the tray as a portable device with the icon "safely remove devices and disks." The same icon as when you insert a flash card into your usb.asus crosshair VI extremessd adata xpg ssx6000...
  3. CAN NOT GET AT MY x-os-M2-SSD to format it as a storage drive

CAN NOT GET AT MY x-os-M2-SSD to format it as a storage drive: So This m2 ssd drive did have a win10pro install on it. I pulled it out and then I installed my os on a regular ssd hard drive. Now I want to format that m2 ssd drive that is a GPT /uefi drive. I do not know or understand how I can boot up to a USB device and see it and...
  4. How do I format a M2 SSD that is plugged into USB.

How do I format a M2 SSD that is plugged into USB.: I have a M2 SSD in an enclosure plugged into USB. Disk Management will not initialize. I think that it needs to be formatted. How do I do this?...
  5. Formated drive and no OS will Load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formated drive and no OS will Load: I formatted my laptop and now cannot load any OS, I can open the the BIOS to set the Boot option. There are no files at all on the hard drive. there is an error message 0xc00000f showing after I run recovery. Have tried running my Win 10 creation tool but will not load....
  6. M2 won't boot if old SSD drive removed!

M2 won't boot if old SSD drive removed!: I upgraded my motherboard from Intel to a Ryzen and decided to do a cleanup of my drives as well. I still had my old SSD 120G which I no longer use so I formatted it then removed it as I wanted to upgrade the MD later that week! Next morning tried to boot and nothing not even...
  7. Format SSD drive or any drive

Format SSD drive or any drive: Hello, When I perform a quick format of my SSD drive then I experienced problems/conflicts when I have reinstalled Windows 10 on my SSD drive afterwards compared to a slow(deep) format of my SSD drive! When I do a slow format of my SSD drive then I experience no...
  8. Question Re Replacing M2 ssd C Drive With Larger ssd

Question Re Replacing M2 ssd C Drive With Larger ssd: I am replacing my ASUS GL552 laptops SSD C drive with a larger one and want to make sure I am doing it correctly I have made a macriun image of the old ssd that I will restore on the new replacement When I boot from the ASUS rescue thumb drive will the laptop start normally...
  9. Storage: OS and local drive

Storage: OS and local drive: My computer says I have 40.8 MB free of 449 MB on the local disk E: and 848 GB out of 921 GB on my OS C: drive. It seems that I have a lot of storage left on this computer so how do I use some of those 848 GB's?...
  10. Storage spaces - My OS drive failed.

Storage spaces - My OS drive failed.: I have a small PC with 3 hard drives, 1 is the OS drive and the other 2 are in a drive pool using Storage Spaces. Now my OS drive has failed and my Macrium backup files are in the Drive Pool. I have a new drive for my OS. What is my best course of action? *cry 60329

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot get m2 disk to format