Windows 10: Can not get Office 2016 home to install

Discus and support Can not get Office 2016 home to install in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have 2 PCs. One let me load Office just fine. MS really seems to want you to use a MS ID so I used one of my email addresses. I am on the current... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by alternety, Feb 25, 2018.

1. alternety Win User

Can not get Office 2016 home to install

I have 2 PCs. One let me load Office just fine. MS really seems to want you to use a MS ID so I used one of my email addresses. I am on the current release of Win 10 on both PCs. All reasonably new processors.

The second PC however is an install from Hell.

It has been a couple of weeks since I tried this, so my recollection may not be linear. BUt I will detail results.

I tried signing on with the same email address as the other PC. I don't think it cared for that. Apparently they require multiple applications to be tied to multiple user IDs. So I used another of my email addresses. MS then changed the ID to my other email addr on my other machine.

Downloaded Office. Intending to get 64bit. It said it could not install because I already had a 32 bit version installed. I looked at the list of installed applications and there were both 32 and 64 bit installed. I removed both version.

Tried again from the start. Now says I am using an unsupported OS and quits.

I have spent hours attempting to get MS help. It just has me going around in circles. I select help and it most frequently sends me to a page to buy Office. I tried the little robot helper several times. Never a viable solution. Twice I tried to "get a human". First time I watched the little dots run across the screen for 1/2 and hour. Next time 2 hours. Zero.

No idea how to fix it.

:)

alternety, Feb 25, 2018

2. Mail Icon missing in Windows 10 Control Panel

I have the same issue. Dell OptiPlex "OEM" Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 installation.

Office 2016 is not listed in Programs and there is no mail icon in control panel.

Were you able to get past the issue?

Frank F_506, Feb 25, 2018
  3. How to ugrade office 2007

Upgrading or having Office 2007 installed is not particularly critical. As long as your Office documents are intact, performing a new installation will preserve your files.

You will need to purchase license for Office 2016 or Office 365.

Office 2016 is known as the perpetual license, which is like Office 2007, you buy it once and it doesn't get feature updates, but its one time purchase.

Office 365 is the evergreen version of Office 2016 which gets features and improvements as soon as they become available. A major difference between Office 365 and 2016, 365 is only available as a subscription. Which means you have pay a monthly fee for
    it.

See:

Choose Microsoft Office Products

Office 2016 for Home, Students and Professionals - Microsoft Store

or

Buy Microsoft Office 365 Home & Personal subscriptions

Andre Da Costa, Feb 25, 2018
  4. Can not get Office 2016 home to install

Techjourney, Feb 26, 2018
Thema:

Can not get Office 2016 home to install

1. Can not get Office 2016 home to install - Similar Threads - Office 2016 home

2. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016: I use Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016. Both Excel and Word the only programs I use frequently stop with a message that the program needs to be repaired and immediately closed down. I have modified the Office app using both Quick Repair and the longer On-line Repair,...
  3. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016: I use Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016. Both Excel and Word the only programs I use frequently stop with a message that the program needs to be repaired and immediately closed down. I have modified the Office app using both Quick Repair and the longer On-line Repair,...
  4. Office Home and Business 2016 Activated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Office Home and Business 2016 Activated: My father had a laptop at his office which had an activated office home and business 2016. He got a new laptop and decided to fully factory restore the old one and give it to my younger sibling(s) for schoolwork. Despite this, when going into word 2016 on the laptop it says...
  5. Microsoft Office Home & Business 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Office Home & Business 2016: Ihave an android laptop computer, running fully paid & licensed copies of Windows10 and Microsoft Office Home & Business 2016. Microsoft Outlook 2016 16.0.13628.2012832-bit. Product ID: 00333-59072-93157-AA413. My MS Outlook is the issue. When running the Outlook app, a...
  6. Office 2016 (Home and Student)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 (Home and Student): Can anyone explain to me why I have duplicate entries for my office programs in my start menu? For one entry, the icon is normal in size and for the other entry, the icon is tiny in size. Also why do all (4) programs for Office 2016 appear tiny in size in the control panel?...
  7. Office Home & Student 2016 not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office Home & Student 2016 not working: Hi, I purchased this laptop in Jan'18 for my daughter who is a student. Have bill. Laptop had pre-loadedOffice Home & Student 2016. She suffered a hard disk crash recently and got it replaced. Now when she is trying to use her Office it is asking for product key. What do we...
  8. Home Office 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Home Office 2016: I installed Home Office yesterday and it seemed to work, but there no desk top icons, also for the Power Point function. I have to list programs to find them and enable them. Is this normal?...
  9. Windows Home Office 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Home Office 2016: I have Purchased Windows Home Office 2016 and want to install it. Do I have to remove Windows Home Office 2007 first? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-home-office-2016/421008f3-bd4f-4308-9651-40f0596e2fad
  10. Office 2016 install fails on win 10 home

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 install fails on win 10 home: Hi, sort of newbie question...but can not solve!! I´ve got my new HP Laptop with WIN10 home factory installed installed . I´ve got my just burned Office2016 pro install DVD, which works like a champ on my old Win 7 laptop. Now, as soon as I try to install on the new...