Windows 10: Can not get partition back

Discus and support Can not get partition back in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I was attempting to make a partition Drive D: so I could clone our PC onto our laptop. Ended up not needing it. I followed the steps given... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HornandoSpanwa, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Can not get partition back

Hello!

I was attempting to make a partition Drive D: so I could clone our PC onto our laptop. Ended up not needing it.

I followed the steps given by a YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdHjolzl7Gk&t=33s and followed them triple checking every action as well to reverse the partitioning again triple checking but ended up with the issue shown below. When I right click on the Unallocated partition the only option I'm given is "New Simple Volume". I've tried that and I get the same message. I hate to have that much space unusable. Any help would be great!!

Can not get partition back e751552f-534d-4dbb-b6c9-e1e1c7ac076d?upload=true.png

:)

HornandoSpanwa, Mar 4, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Can not get partition back partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Can not get partition back

hard partition

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to extend the Volume of Drives and create partitions from C: drive.

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps you.

• Press Windows + R keys, type diskmgmt.msc hit
      enter.
    • Disk management will open. Right click on the C: drive
      below in the segments of the partitions.
    • Select Shrink Volume. Select the Amount of space
      you want to extend in MBs (1GB = 1024MB).
    • Follow the instruction and check if it creates a Unallocated Drive.
    Later after the Unallocated drive is created follow the below steps to crate a partition.

• Right click on the Unallocated drive and select
      New Simple Volume.
    • Select the Drive letter and follow the instructions and check if it
      creates a partition.
    • Follow the same to Create partition.
    Note: C: drive must be not less than 100GB if you are using a 1TB hard drive. partitions must not be more than 3 drives to have a better functioning of the system.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Can not get partition back

1. Can not get partition back - Similar Threads - partition

2. delete partition or volume diskpart is better or install with clean install setup delete...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    delete partition or volume diskpart is better or install with clean install setup delete...: delete partition or volume diskpart is better or install with clean install setup delete partition for data recovery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-partition-or-volume-diskpart-is-better-or/10572254-4420-4ab1-9add-757d29441332
  3. Lost partitions encrypted by Bit Lockers!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost partitions encrypted by Bit Lockers!: Hi, I have lost my 2 partitions. They are no more visible in 'This PC". Previously, I had total 4 partitions in my PC. I had encrypted 2 partitions via Bit Locker and C Drive was not encrypted. Somehow, both partitions are not be shown in My PC and only C Drive is visible...
  4. User data folders not available after separation to new partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User data folders not available after separation to new partition: On Windows 10 v.2004. I wanted to separate User data from the system drive to simplify backup and maintenance of a Lenovo X1Yoga, which uses a nominal 500GB actual 477GB NVMe M.2 drive. [I ran XP with separate system and data partitions.] The outcome was not simple. Here is...
  5. After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy"

After cloning, Recovery partition isn't labeled as such or labeled as "healthy": Hello, I cloned an existing C: drive SSD to a larger SSD Crucial 500GB NVMe to Crucial 2TB NVMe using the Acronis Disk Clone software that came with the new SSD. Seems to have worked, Windows boots, etc. However, the partition on the cloned drive that used to be labeled...
  6. Windows does not recognize full partition size after resizing a partition?

Windows does not recognize full partition size after resizing a partition?: I got a Micron_2200_MTFDHBA1T0TCK 1024.2 GB in my laptop, and I had 2 main partitions, one for linux and one for Windows. After deleting the 150GB Linux partition I resized the main partition again. It shows as 953 GB partition in Disk Management but only as 802 GB in...
  7. Why is my EFI partition full, and how can i free up space or add more???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my EFI partition full, and how can i free up space or add more???: [ATTACH] Hey so, my EFI partition is full and I am not able to install the new windows update, I have tried many methods of freeing up space or trying to add more, but nothing worked. Can anyone tell what's the issue and how to solve it? Thanks.....
  8. Is it possible to install windows onto a partition of an external hard disk.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to install windows onto a partition of an external hard disk.: The software I use(Win to USB), gives me the option to select the whole drive (I have files on the other partitions) for formatting the disk, it does not give an option to select individual partitions. So my question is do I need the whole disk or is it possible to install...
  9. Recovery of windows and list volume partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery of windows and list volume partitions: My body deleted windows 10 operating system off of his computer on accident. I am using a USB installation media to reload the operating system. However i have found that the partitions for his system are missing. i will list what i have found while in the Command prompt. I...
  10. Deleted Partition

Deleted Partition: Hi, I have 1TB disk and someday I splitted the disk. So I had C 200gb and D 800gb. Today I managed to restore my PC and somehow the D partition has disappeared. Now I only have 200gb. What can I do? I already tried 3 different programs to recover the partition but none of...