Windows 10: Can not get partition back

Discus and support Can not get partition back in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I was attempting to make a partition Drive D: so I could clone our PC onto our laptop. Ended up not needing it. I followed the steps given... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HornandoSpanwa, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Can not get partition back

Hello!

I was attempting to make a partition Drive D: so I could clone our PC onto our laptop. Ended up not needing it.

I followed the steps given by a YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdHjolzl7Gk&t=33s and followed them triple checking every action as well to reverse the partitioning again triple checking but ended up with the issue shown below. When I right click on the Unallocated partition the only option I'm given is "New Simple Volume". I've tried that and I get the same message. I hate to have that much space unusable. Any help would be great!!

Can not get partition back e751552f-534d-4dbb-b6c9-e1e1c7ac076d?upload=true.png

:)

HornandoSpanwa, Mar 4, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Can not get partition back partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Can not get partition back

hard partition

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to extend the Volume of Drives and create partitions from C: drive.

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps you.

• Press Windows + R keys, type diskmgmt.msc hit
      enter.
    • Disk management will open. Right click on the C: drive
      below in the segments of the partitions.
    • Select Shrink Volume. Select the Amount of space
      you want to extend in MBs (1GB = 1024MB).
    • Follow the instruction and check if it creates a Unallocated Drive.
    Later after the Unallocated drive is created follow the below steps to crate a partition.

• Right click on the Unallocated drive and select
      New Simple Volume.
    • Select the Drive letter and follow the instructions and check if it
      creates a partition.
    • Follow the same to Create partition.
    Note: C: drive must be not less than 100GB if you are using a 1TB hard drive. partitions must not be more than 3 drives to have a better functioning of the system.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Can not get partition back

1. Can not get partition back - Similar Threads - partition

2. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  3. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  4. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. There are 2 recovery environment partitions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are 2 recovery environment partitions.: There is usually only one recovery environment partition but I have two. One is about 500 MB and the other is a gigabyte. I remember running the AOMEI partition wizard because I had to move files on my C: to create a partition, and I think that is what created the new...
  6. There are 2 recovery environment partitions.

There are 2 recovery environment partitions.: There is usually only one recovery environment partition but I have two. One is about 500 MB and the other is a gigabyte. I remember running the AOMEI partition wizard because I had to move files on my C: to create a partition, and I think that is what created the new...
  7. How to fix this we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one for more...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix this we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one for more...: we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one for more information see the setup logDrive 1 Partition 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-we-couldnt-create-a-new-partition/7f11ab8b-6946-4428-9fb2-fcf13758d32c
  8. How to fix this we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one for more...

How to fix this we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one for more...: we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one for more information see the setup logDrive 1 Partition 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-we-couldnt-create-a-new-partition/7f11ab8b-6946-4428-9fb2-fcf13758d32c
  9. How to fix this we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one for more...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows won't boot after partition management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot after partition management: Hello, on Windows 10 I recently used "Resize-C/IM-Magic partition resizer" to move my C: drive partition to the left where there was about 500mb of unallocated space. To apply the change it required a reboot, I was then going to extend the partition through Disk Management...