Windows 10: Can not get the Personal Area Network to work, Network and sharing says that it is not...

Discus and support Can not get the Personal Area Network to work, Network and sharing says that it is not... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is one of the many problems I have with Microsoft Bluetooth activity.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeorgeRankin III, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Can not get the Personal Area Network to work, Network and sharing says that it is not...

This is one of the many problems I have with Microsoft Bluetooth activity.

:)

GeorgeRankin III, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Chrits55 Win User

why is Network and Sharing center saying my personal home network location is "public network"?

why is Network and Sharing center saying my personal home network location is "public network"

Original title: weird internet

Chrits55, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Oct 12, 2020
  4. WylECyote Win User

Can not get the Personal Area Network to work, Network and sharing says that it is not...

Win10 local area network sharing doesn't work

There is an awful lot of clutter on this subject which frankly baffles me.

I have a home network:

Netgear WNDR4500 Router

7PCs; 6 of them wired; 2 are Win10, 2 are Win7, one is Vista and one is XP (!)

My PC was Win 7 and then I could access the Shared Documents (etc) on all the other PCs. Nice and easy.

Then my PC and another were upgraded to Win10.

Before upgrading I clicked on > Network in File Explorer and all the other PCs were listed.

Immediately after upgrading that still worked.

Then it became intermittent; sometimes worked, sometimes only showed some of the PCs.

Now after a week it only shows this PC on the network.

Furthermore; Homegroup has never worked after upgrading. Although this PC set up the Homegroup; now when I click , it just invites me to join the Homegroup. I put in the password and it fails with "Windows no longer detects a homegroup...." .

I have (as suggested here) changing the Windows sign in from my Microsoft account to a local account; but that made no difference.

I have checked the 'Change advanced sharing settings' - Network Discovery is on, File and Printer sharing is on, Password Protected Sharing is off, all as suggested.

What do I do now to restore access to my local network as it was before?

While I was typing this; the Vista PC appeared in > Network, but when I select it I get "Windows cannot access \\mmmm" The trouble shooter says to 'contact my network administrator'!

--

Wyl

WylECyote, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Can not get the Personal Area Network to work, Network and sharing says that it is not...

1. Can not get the Personal Area Network to work, Network and sharing says that it is not... - Similar Threads - Personal Area Network

2. personal area network pan not connecting and giving an error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    personal area network pan not connecting and giving an error.: Hi,When I try to connect via PAN it gives the option belowAfter that, it gives me this screen and does not connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-area-network-pan-not-connecting-and/b6302f70-dd84-40ad-9c6f-801d961137a9
  3. personal area network pan not connecting and giving an error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    personal area network pan not connecting and giving an error.: Hi,When I try to connect via PAN it gives the option belowAfter that, it gives me this screen and does not connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-area-network-pan-not-connecting-and/b6302f70-dd84-40ad-9c6f-801d961137a9
  4. Network sharing stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network sharing stopped working: I had a network share set up between two windows 11 computers on my home network, and today the share became inaccessible. It was working fine yesterday, not it's not letting me connect. I followed the instructions I could find, checked updates etc on both machines, no dice....
  5. Network sharing stopped working

Network sharing stopped working: I had a network share set up between two windows 11 computers on my home network, and today the share became inaccessible. It was working fine yesterday, not it's not letting me connect. I followed the instructions I could find, checked updates etc on both machines, no dice....
  6. Network Sharing Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Sharing Not Working: Hi all. I'm unable to network share, sending files to this computer due to this error. How do I fix this? I'm still able to share files from this computer just not recieve. Also the advance sharing settings are greyed out for me....
  7. Network Sharing Not Working

Network Sharing Not Working: Hi all. I'm unable to network share, sending files to this computer due to this error. How do I fix this? I'm still able to share files from this computer just not recieve. Also the advance sharing settings are greyed out for me....
  8. Network Sharing Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. can not access share folder on local area network

can not access share folder on local area network: it's a brand new workstation / business laptop from hp with the most current updates trying to add this to our local area network w. server 2008 r2 all workstations are working fine. lan is fully functional this new workstation can access the internet it can ping the ip...
  10. Network Sharing Not Working

Network Sharing Not Working: I have been trying to share my PCs network with my xbox. I have my PC plugged in via ethernet from my router and my xbox plugged in via ethernet to my PC. I can sometimes get it to work when manually putting in a DNS server on the xbox but when i do that i have strict or...