Windows 10: can not gmail in web mail

Discus and support can not gmail in web mail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; gmail not receiving new messages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-gmail-in-web-mail/6bb4a621-6293-478b-a325-17ee61321f5a Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ronfergusonXT, Dec 3, 2020.

1. can not gmail in web mail

gmail not receiving new messages

:)

ronfergusonXT, Dec 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Dec 3, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Gmail - Getting mails not exactly sent to me

No one else is getting anyone's mail because of this... It is NOT a bug.
    It is intentional. All those addresses belong to you, no matter where the dot.

Quoted from GMail help:

Test it... send yourself an email with no dot in your name.

95Viper, Dec 3, 2020
  4. can not gmail in web mail

Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

can not gmail in web mail

1. can not gmail in web mail - Similar Threads - gmail web mail

2. Windows 10 Mail and Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail and Gmail: Hello, Have just installed clean Windows 10 Pro with all udates and drivers and added mail accounts to my Windows Mail app. All personal Gmail accounts are working well and syncing good. Two commercial gsuite accounts have been authorized and approws but they don't want...
  3. gmail problems with mail for windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    gmail problems with mail for windows: I use mail with no problem with my hotmail account. Recently, gmail has been putting sent emails in the spam folder, and now it leaves them stuck in the outbox. This happens on my laptop, while my pc just does the spam trick. I read that it's a mail app problem which...
  4. Web Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Web Mail: I have 2011 Web mail and it stopped working on Friday, April 24. It will not let me send or receive email. Error code: IDOx800CCOF Can anyone tell me what I need to do, please?? Thanks, Chris...
  5. Outlook Web and Gmail sync

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook Web and Gmail sync: I use Outlook Live as main hub for email and I have a Gmail folder. It works ok but there are a few glitches. 1) (not very annoying) It seems there's a delay in Outlook from the time I actually receive an email in Gmail's Inbox. My Outlook app on the phone syncs ok, but...
  6. Mail App and Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail App and Gmail: Hello, when I try to add a Gmail account in Windows 10 Mail App I always get error. [ATTACH] I press "Google" here and then get the following error: [ATTACH] My Internet Connection is not a problem! How can I fix this?...
  7. mails on gmail not loading/opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mails on gmail not loading/opening: on google chrome on window 10 I am opening Gmail but not opening emails contains. It get struck with loading. Any advice/help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mails-on-gmail-not-loadingopening/d31b9b21-302c-4536-b540-e80162b5fd3e
  8. Mail App and Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App and Gmail: I've always had my gmail account linked to the Windows 10 mail app, however the last update I did the mail app is a complete mess and will not show my gmail messages. I've deleted and relinked the account but it's not linking properly at all. I was able to successfully link a...
  9. Windows Mail not syncing with Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail not syncing with Gmail: Hi All, I opened Gmail from inside Chrome, and deleted an email. Then opened Windows 10 Mail and the email is still in my inbox? I've clicked the sync icon in mail, but that didn't work. Any ideas? 22454
  10. Synching Mail with Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Synching Mail with Gmail: Added my gmail account to mail and mostly it works. But, some synching issues: 1. When first starting mail, it takes far too long to first sync inbox, even manually - like 1 min, even though settings are set to sync as mail arrives. It is quicker to go on the net and open...