Windows 10: Can not import photos at all, multiple errors that don’t give information

Discus and support Can not import photos at all, multiple errors that don’t give information in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok so im trying to import a few thousand photos and my pc has plenty of storage. Here is some ways ive been trying to import. My pc is running windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LiamDaly2, Jun 1, 2019.

1. LiamDaly2 Win User

Can not import photos at all, multiple errors that don’t give information

Ok so im trying to import a few thousand photos and my pc has plenty of storage. Here is some ways ive been trying to import. My pc is running windows 10 and im trying to import photos from my Iphone XS Max. I have imported photos before so this isn’t a first time issue.

Windows photo app.

Ok so win i try to import photos from the windows app i either immediately get a error saying ‘Something Went Wrong’ i know very helpful or it gets through a couple of hundred photos then says ‘Something Went Wrong’ and doesn’t import the photos.

Importing Photos From Device

When I right click over my device and import photos and videos from that way I get no error messages, everything runs smoothly and the progress bar closes afters its finished, then I go the the file where the photos were supposed to be nothing is there and no change in storage space.

Copying And Pasting Photo Folders

I go to my Iphone on Devices and copy the photo files or folders then i go to paste them in a separate folder I get an error message saying ‘Device Is Unreachable’ and it wont paste the files.

Ive tried absolutely everything, restarting PC, enabling photo sharing on Iphone, making sure i have full control over the photos and files in properties, full working usb cable and tried multiple usb ports.

:)

LiamDaly2, Jun 1, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to import photos

Hi Georgio,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• How are you trying to import photos?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your hardware and devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/import-photos-videos

It applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Arun B J, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

Importing from photos

Hi Carole,

To better assist you with regard to scanning and importing photos on Photos app. Kindly provide the following:

• Is your printer connected through wired or wireless connection?
    • When did the issue occur?
    • What is the exact error that you get when importing photos?
    We suggest you to refresh the connection of the printer.

We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Can not import photos at all, multiple errors that don’t give information - Similar Threads - import photos multiple

2. How can I import photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I import photos?: Microsoft photos will no longer import photos. It will read my phone and show there are new items, but will no longer show an 'import' function box. All that shows is number of new items and a cancel option. Any suggestions?...
  3. How can I import photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I import photos?: Microsoft photos will no longer import photos. It will read my phone and show there are new items, but will no longer show an 'import' function box. All that shows is number of new items and a cancel option. Any suggestions?...
  4. iphone photos importing error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iphone photos importing error: Hi i am getting this error while importing photos from my apple device from windows photo app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iphone-photos-importing-error/1a05e43e-5c37-43c9-a882-db4432e2d572
  5. iphone photos importing error

iphone photos importing error: Hi i am getting this error while importing photos from my apple device from windows photo app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iphone-photos-importing-error/1a05e43e-5c37-43c9-a882-db4432e2d572
  6. import photos error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    import photos error: I accidentally closed photos app when the import was processing. Then I reconnect my iphone to the window 10 computer. I got error message on the photos app "something went wrong". so I couldn't store my photos from iphone to the computer. If I use another iphone, works just...
  7. import photos error

import photos error: I accidentally closed photos app when the import was processing. Then I reconnect my iphone to the window 10 computer. I got error message on the photos app "something went wrong". so I couldn't store my photos from iphone to the computer. If I use another iphone, works just...
  8. How can I import all of my photos again. I have imported all of my photos once but I need...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I import all of my photos again. I have imported all of my photos once but I need...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/danster__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0zve8/how_can_i_import_all_of_my_photos_again_i_have/
  9. Microsoft Photos Giving Errors

Microsoft Photos Giving Errors: This is the error: [img] I cannot open any picture files and it looks like Microsoft Photos is corrupted. I didn't have this problem yesterday. When I go to the Microsoft Store and try to reinstall Photos, it doesn't work. A screen will pop up for a fraction of a second...
  10. Importing Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing Photos: Hi, can you help me please! We are trying to import photos from 2 different ipads to one PC. Some photos are held on both ipads & as a result we now appear to have duplicate photos that have been scanned awaiting import although only one ipad is connected at any one time....