Windows 10: can not input number or special character from keyboard when remote desktop from Android device

Discus and support can not input number or special character from keyboard when remote desktop from Android device in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear all,i have some job need remote to Virtual Machine installing Windows 10 from an android phone.i connected mouse and keyboad to android phone to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ManhNguyen_1087, May 10, 2021.

1. can not input number or special character from keyboard when remote desktop from Android device

Dear all,i have some job need remote to Virtual Machine installing Windows 10 from an android phone.i connected mouse and keyboad to android phone to input data but can not input number and special character like !@#$%...as i test typing on android phone, it can input normal with all key number, special character : test on note or message...But when remote desktop some time can input some time can not only issue with number key or special characterif any body got same issue pls share with me how to fix this issue, thank you for read.

:)

ManhNguyen_1087, May 10, 2021
  2. 徐来清 Win User

Is that possible to use host keyboard for input on a remote desktop session on android?

hi everyone!

I have a computer running Windows 10 Professional with a USB keyboard, and I'm using an Android tablet with Microsoft Remote Desktop app to remote it.

What I want to achive is using the host keyboard for input in the remote session, cause the table is too old to support USB Keyboard or Bluetooth Keyboard.

Besides the USB keyboard, I have a bluetooth keyboard conneted to the host computer, but both keyboards can't used for input on remote session. Is there anyway to achive That?

Thank you all.

徐来清, May 10, 2021
  3. Keyboard layout issue in Remote Desktop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

We understand your concern as you are having difficulties in keyboard setting for the other PC through Remote Desktop connection.

Let me point you in the right direction, where you would get the appropriate help for this issue. I would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Remote Desktop input language to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Also suggest you to refer the sections that says “Why do incorrect characters appear in the session?”
    From this article: Frequently
    asked questions about the Remote Desktop clients
    and check if that helps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 10, 2021
  4. Zkuggi Win User

can not input number or special character from keyboard when remote desktop from Android device

Special keyboard characters.

I cannot find the special characters "ð" and "þ" in the Keyboard.

These are special Icelandic characters, Do they exist at all?

If not does anyone know if they will come with the Mango update?

Zkuggi, May 10, 2021
Thema:

can not input number or special character from keyboard when remote desktop from Android device

1. can not input number or special character from keyboard when remote desktop from Android device - Similar Threads - input number special

2. How to connect a Android device to a Remote Desktop from the Local System via USB ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect a Android device to a Remote Desktop from the Local System via USB ?: Hi, I want to connect my android device to the Remote Desktop from my Local system via USB. I have tried all the possible configuration, but still it is not connecting in Remote Desktop, but it is connecting in Local System. Kindly help me to connect my device to a Remote...
  3. TSF Input Keyboard layout in Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TSF Input Keyboard layout in Remote Desktop: MSTSC connect windows server 2012 If the local system selects the IME keyboard layout, the remote desktop will be automatically synchronized keyboard layout But if the TSF keyboard layout is selected, the remote desktop will not synchow do I need to set it up?...
  4. TSF Input Keyboard layout in Remote Desktop

TSF Input Keyboard layout in Remote Desktop: MSTSC connect windows server 2012 If the local system selects the IME keyboard layout, the remote desktop will be automatically synchronized keyboard layout But if the TSF keyboard layout is selected, the remote desktop will not synchow do I need to set it up?...
  5. windows sub system for android not taking input from keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows sub system for android not taking input from keyboard: i cannot login to my amazon acc because it is not taking any input from my keyboard pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sub-system-for-android-not-taking-input/2802be88-4e03-4595-9958-421a07900ae1
  6. windows sub system for android not taking input from keyboard

windows sub system for android not taking input from keyboard: i cannot login to my amazon acc because it is not taking any input from my keyboard pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-sub-system-for-android-not-taking-input/2802be88-4e03-4595-9958-421a07900ae1
  7. Keyboard: Special Characters such as " ! £ % have perfect input timing, but only the " @ '...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard: Special Characters such as " ! £ % have perfect input timing, but only the " @ '...: All special characters work as intended, but only the @/' key English British keyboard takes slightly more than a split second to type. When it does work, it inputs at least 3 or 4 @ or ' symbols way too quickly, so I always have to delete the extras. I have tried changing...
  8. Computer crashes when using Microsoft Remote Desktop from Android.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer crashes when using Microsoft Remote Desktop from Android.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rishi_Vora [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mr866s/computer_crashes_when_using_microsoft_remote/
  9. special character ¥

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character ¥: I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to...
  10. Cannot use special characters on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use special characters on the keyboard: I installed two languages, French and Spanish. However I cannot use a trema above letters or use the wave in Spanish https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-special-characters-on-the-keyboard/95f34eff-3237-4032-aaa5-1f20dd5bd360