Windows 10: Can not install 3rd party program

Discus and support Can not install 3rd party program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Raymond Hellmark, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Can not install 3rd party program

Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that you usuallý can do as a admin. Can not even install Microsofts trouble shooting program. I would think that there is something to do with S-mode.

:)

Raymond Hellmark, Sep 2, 2022
  2. Le Boule Win User

3rd party AV program

The message you are describing may be observed if another antivirus program is still installed or there are remnants of a third party antivirus program still installed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device."

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

For further information see the reply of quietman7 in Redirecting

You may want to try the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include running SFC, scanning for malware with Malwarebytes and running the software removal tools for any security software (Avast,
    AVG, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

And see Configure Windows Defender in Windows
    8, 8.1 and 10

If you can't resolve this issue suggest you post back in this thread and provide additional information.

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. - Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Sep 2, 2022
  3. mic1217 Win User
    3rd party AV program

I'm trying to turn-on Windows Defender and I receive a message to uninstall 3rd party AV program. How do I identify the 3rd party AV program
    installed?

mic1217, Sep 2, 2022
  4. Can not install 3rd party program

Common 3rd party programs not installing on windows 10 (adobe reader, java)

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

• Do you get any error message?

We suggest you to download the version which is compatible with Windows 10 from the Manufacturer website. We suggest you to install the program in compatibility mode:

Follow the steps to install the program in
    Compatibility mode.

• Download the updated program from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right click the installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

• Place a check in the
      Run this program in compatibility mode
      for: box.

• Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.

• Try installing the program and check.
    If the issue still persist we suggest you to contact the Manufacturer.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Sep 2, 2022
Thema:

Can not install 3rd party program

1. Can not install 3rd party program - Similar Threads - install 3rd party

2. Can not install 3rd party program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  3. Linking 3rd parties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  4. Linking 3rd parties.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  5. 3rd Party Company

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd Party Company: I did a search for MS tech support and 855-345-8210 was a search result, so I called the number. I needed help with Outlook. The rep said MS no longer supported Outlook, and they were the company that handled Outlook support. I gave them access to my computer. They fixed the...
  6. Install 3rd Party Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install 3rd Party Software: I attempted to install 3rd party software (IObit Uninstaller) by double-clicking on the downloaded .exe file in my Download folder. I received the following Windows 10 message window: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  7. 3rd party utilities

in Windows 10 Customization
    3rd party utilities: A ms phone tech once told me to not use any 3rd party utilities such as ccleaner (and there are many others) and just rely on Windows to take care of everything. Before he told me this, I had used ccleaner and it seemed to clean a lot of stuff. Frankly I never noticed a...
  8. 3rd party program install setup issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3rd party program install setup issues: Hello. I have been trying to install an update for a program I use on Windows 10. It's a mod organizer for a game, if that matter, but I don't think it does. For the previous two versions of the program, the update has not been an issue, but the current version does not...
  9. Defender vs 3rd Party AV programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender vs 3rd Party AV programs?: Since Windows Defender is dominating the AV world, now why do most enterprises are still sticking with 3rd party AV programs like McAfee or Symantec? Are these two still better than running Defender? I believe Defender even has its own central management solution for...
  10. 3rd Party Software - Self Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd Party Software - Self Installation: Hi, yesterday the 8th I noticed a very peculiar issue that has only just started. It seems that at startup Windows is reinstalling 3rd party software that is already currently installed and has been for some time. I only noticed this because for some reason while...