Windows 10: Can not install ASUS Smart Gesture after updating Win 7 to Win 10

Discus and support Can not install ASUS Smart Gesture after updating Win 7 to Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Well, after I updated Win 7 to Win 10, I "lost" the Smart Gesture program. I downloaded the recent Smart Gesture from ASUS support website that should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tsilva, Apr 22, 2016.

1. tsilva Win User

Can not install ASUS Smart Gesture after updating Win 7 to Win 10

Well, after I updated Win 7 to Win 10, I "lost" the Smart Gesture program. I downloaded the recent Smart Gesture from ASUS support website that should be working for Win 10. Alas, I reach the end of the installation when I get this message: "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.".

I already tried some supposed fixes from the internet but without any success. I really hope you can help me, please and thank you!

If this is not the correct place to post this issue I'm sorry. Please redirect me to the correct section.

:)

tsilva, Apr 22, 2016

2. Cursor keeps flashing busy in Windows 10?

This was 'ASUS Smart Gesture' for me, installed by the Windows 10 upgrade.

SOLUTION:

Ctrl-Alt-Del > Task Manager

Highlight 'Asus Smart Gesture etc' > right-click, stop process.

Close Task Manager.

Go to 'Control Panel > Programs and Features'

Click, uninstall 'ASUS smart gesture'.

Done.

Problem solved, enjoy Win 10.

TheGreatBrain#1, Apr 22, 2016
  3. dbalaji3 Win User
    Asus Laptop N56V lost use of touchpad after upgrade from Win7 to Win 10

When the gestures did not work in my ASUS U303L, I rolled back to Win 8.1, manually upgraded to Touchpad 4.06 from the ASUS website and then reinstalled WIN 10.

Voila!, smart gestures are back to work

dbalaji3, Apr 22, 2016
  4. Can not install ASUS Smart Gesture after updating Win 7 to Win 10

Gestures work in Windows 10 without that utility by the way. Two finger scroll etc work for me on my ASUS laptop without it. The touch pad driver Windows installs enables that functionality. Some gestures may be different. I installed that Utility in Windows 8/8.1 but don't bother with Windows 10. There may be a short delay before the driver is installed on a clean install.

alphanumeric, Apr 22, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    If the gestures are not working for you natively in Window 10 maybe running the .exe file you downloaded as Admin will work.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can not install ASUS Smart Gesture after updating Win 7 to Win 10

1. Can not install ASUS Smart Gesture after updating Win 7 to Win 10 - Similar Threads - install ASUS Smart

2. Asus Smart Gesture

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus Smart Gesture: My Asus Eebook 205ta has been giving me issues regarding the touchpad/mouse..the curser has a blinking bottle at the side as if another process is trying to load...the only way of stopping it is by going into task manager and clicking on ASUS Smart Gesture and hitting end...
  3. Fix ASUS Smart Gesture not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix ASUS Smart Gesture not working on Windows 10: [ATTACH]ASUS Smart Gesture is a smart touchpad driver that helps you control more precise gestures including tapping, scrolling, dragging, clicking, and more. Some PC users […] This article Fix ASUS Smart Gesture not working on Windows 10 first appeared on...
  4. update win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update win 7 to win 10: When trying to update windows 7 pro to windows 10 home I get the message : We couldn't install Windows 10 0xC19101-0x20017 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation . what to do?...
  5. updating win 7 to win 10

updating win 7 to win 10: i have a dell desktop with win 7 pro. have tried 2 days to upgrade to win 10 with no success. when checking for updated it tells me i have to unistall avira anti virus. done that, plus download trouble shooter to no avail. looking for advice...
  6. ASUS Win 10 touchpad gestures

in Windows 10 Customization
    ASUS Win 10 touchpad gestures: Hi I can't find a way to turn on touchpad gestures. Have previously been able to use Have tried updating/repairing drivers In settings there is no option only a link to website about gestures. Can anyone suggest a solution? Regards...
  7. Cannot remove ASUS Smart Gesture to reload it after November update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot remove ASUS Smart Gesture to reload it after November update: The usual stoppage of Smart Gesture after a windows 10 update always needs to have me remove the ATK and Smart Gesture programs and reinstall them. However, this time the Smart Gesture will not fully remove resulting in an error that does not stop trying to remove it. I have...
  8. I accidentally uninstalled ASUS smart gesture

I accidentally uninstalled ASUS smart gesture: I uninstalled the smart gesture by accident After i downloaded it again and try to installed it Before finished, i had asked to install synaptic pointing device But it stopped at the agreement and i can't continued it Thank you for the answer !! [ATTACH]...
  9. Update win 7 to win 10

Update win 7 to win 10: Well after a success with my 8.1 desktop I have upgraded my win 7 laptop all went well note this upgrade takes three hours worked ok for a while & for some reason apps would only stay open for a second or two very strange decided to do restart it now seems to be working ok,...
  10. How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10?

How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10?: How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10? OK, maybe my title is confusing, but I am wondering if it is possible to first upgrade my present win 7 OS to win 10 than do a clean install of win 10, then dual boot with a fresh install of win 7 in a dual...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how we can use smart gesture on windows 7