Windows 10: can not install windows media player

Discus and support can not install windows media player in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; when i do this Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GDG_IT, Jun 20, 2022.

1. GDG_IT Win User

can not install windows media player

when i do this Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player, and select Install.i get the message that it failed ..i want to play .mov files, what should i do ?

:)

GDG_IT, Jun 20, 2022

2. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jun 20, 2022
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jun 20, 2022
  4. can not install windows media player

THRiLL KiLL, Jun 20, 2022
Thema:

can not install windows media player

1. can not install windows media player - Similar Threads - install media player

2. Can I install old or classic media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install old or classic media player: I recently installed a new hard drive on my laptop but when media player reinstalled it gave me the new version, I don’t like the new version I still have the old version on my pc so my question is can I still get the old or classic media player installed Thanks....
  3. Can I install old or classic media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I install old or classic media player: I recently installed a new hard drive on my laptop but when media player reinstalled it gave me the new version, I don’t like the new version I still have the old version on my pc so my question is can I still get the old or classic media player installed Thanks....
  4. Can I install old or classic media player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Media Player be installed on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player be installed on Windows 11.: Can Windows Media Player be installed on Windows 11? I recently purchased a new desktop with Windows 11 but it has no media player for CD's. Or, is there another recommended play option?...
  6. Media Player be installed on Windows 11.

Media Player be installed on Windows 11.: Can Windows Media Player be installed on Windows 11? I recently purchased a new desktop with Windows 11 but it has no media player for CD's. Or, is there another recommended play option?...
  7. can not install windows media player

can not install windows media player: when i do this Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player, and select Install.i get the message that it failed ..i want to play .mov files, what should i do ?...
  8. Windows Media Player freezez on install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player freezez on install: Something went wrong with Windows Media player. So I uninstalled it.Went to reinstall and it hangs half-way through.Tried installing it in Safe Mode and it fails.Thoughts?...
  9. Can I Get Windows Media player installed

Can I Get Windows Media player installed: I want to install Windows Media system and reload my system devices .* Moved from MSN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-windows-media-player-installed/a99b72e3-0df2-4d00-babc-5df1330894b2
  10. Installing Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing Windows Media Player: I was copying CDs to mp3 format to my Music folder on my PC. I have a read/write cd/dvd drive. Somehow (probably stupidly) I uninstall Windows Media Player and can't figure out how to get it back. I have search on the web and tried numerous things. Can you Help....