Windows 10: Can not install WSL on Windows 11

Discus and support Can not install WSL on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to install WSL 2 on a Windows 11 OS machine. First I tried following this and simply using wsl --install command in PowerShell. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kristijan Popić, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Can not install WSL on Windows 11

I'm trying to install WSL 2 on a Windows 11 OS machine. First I tried following this and simply using wsl --install command in PowerShell. The installation finished and it said I need to reboot for the changes to take effect. I restarted the system and it started to apply the changes, in a similar fashion as when Windows updates. But once it reached about 97%, it failed with just a short message saying something like "Could not complete feature" and "Undoing changes".I then tried to use the Turn on Windows features on/off settings. There I checked Virtual Machine Platform, Hyper-V and Windows

:)

Kristijan Popić, Mar 22, 2023
  2. Brink Win User

WSL in Microsoft Store now generally available on Windows 10 and 11

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/comma...ows-10-and-11/

See also:

Brink, Mar 22, 2023
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 22, 2023
  4. James19_ Win User

Can not install WSL on Windows 11

Blue screen of death ‘inaccessible_boot_device’ on fresh windows 11 install after installing wsl

All in the subject line.

Installed windows 10 then updated to windows 11 then installed wsl “wsl -install” on pc reset to factory.

James19_, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

Can not install WSL on Windows 11

1. Can not install WSL on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - install WSL

2. BSOD upon wsl install command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD upon wsl install command: After recent updates to my laptop windows 10 Enterprise, upon starting docker desktop, laptop goes to bluescreen.I have uninstalled docker desktop.turned off wsl, hyper-v, restarted and turned on backupdated nvdia drivers.still it goes to bluescreen after wsl --install with...
  3. BSOD upon wsl install command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD upon wsl install command: After recent updates to my laptop windows 10 Enterprise, upon starting docker desktop, laptop goes to bluescreen.I have uninstalled docker desktop.turned off wsl, hyper-v, restarted and turned on backupdated nvdia drivers.still it goes to bluescreen after wsl --install with...
  4. BSOD upon wsl install command

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wsl Not installing ubuntu: one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and reinstalled it many time but nothing happen I have reinstalled windows in new partition and tried to get wsl files and ext4.vdhx...
  6. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

Wsl Not installing ubuntu: one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and reinstalled it many time but nothing happen I have reinstalled windows in new partition and tried to get wsl files and ext4.vdhx...
  7. WSL cannot install on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL cannot install on windows 10: Good Day.I am trying to install wsl on my windows 10 but am getting the below error. I need help to resolve the error.Failed to fetch the list distribution from 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/microsoft/WSL/master/distributions/DistributionInfo.json'. The operation timed...
  8. WSL cannot install on windows 10

WSL cannot install on windows 10: Good Day.I am trying to install wsl on my windows 10 but am getting the below error. I need help to resolve the error.Failed to fetch the list distribution from 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/microsoft/WSL/master/distributions/DistributionInfo.json'. The operation timed...
  9. wsl installation nightmare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsl installation nightmare: Hey guys,Haven't been able to install wsl on windows. Here's a summary of my pain:PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl -d Ubuntu-22.04 There is no distribution with the supplied name. Error code: Wsl/Service/WSL_E_DISTRO_NOT_FOUND PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-22.04 Ubuntu 22.04...
  10. wsl installation nightmare

wsl installation nightmare: Hey guys,Haven't been able to install wsl on windows. Here's a summary of my pain:PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl -d Ubuntu-22.04 There is no distribution with the supplied name. Error code: Wsl/Service/WSL_E_DISTRO_NOT_FOUND PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-22.04 Ubuntu 22.04...