Windows 10: can not leave HomeGroup in1809

Discus and support can not leave HomeGroup in1809 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 1809 in my pcs & i noticed my windows 7 laptop says i have homegroup on one of my win 10 1809 pcs but i cant leave the homegroup on that machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DrSysop, Dec 3, 2018.

1. DrSysop Win User

can not leave HomeGroup in1809

I have 1809 in my pcs & i noticed my windows 7 laptop says i have homegroup on one of my win 10 1809 pcs but i cant leave the homegroup on that machine as they took it out why is my 7 machine see it? How do i log out of the homegroup on that machine with no option?

:)

DrSysop, Dec 3, 2018
  2. pseddon Win User

Leaving Homegroup

I found a previous thread on this forum that suggested the Homegroup services were not running. By running them I could leave the 'spurious' homegroup and create a ne home group that seems to run correctly.

Peter

pseddon, Dec 3, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Homegroup not Functioning, cant leave homegroup

You can try:
    1. Disable the 2 services mentioned above then restart your PC
    2. Run CCleaner
    3. Enable the services again and try to Leave the Homegroup.

topgundcp, Dec 3, 2018
  4. can not leave HomeGroup in1809

Homegroup

Hi Phil,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to Leave the HomeGroup from the Control Panel and check if it helps.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What error message are you receiving when you try to create Home group?

To leave/delete the existing Home group I suggest you to follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on HomeGroup.
    • Select the Leave the HomeGroup and click on Leave the HomeGroup.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps to delete the HomeGroup:

• Right click on Start button and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net share (This command shows you the names of all shares you created) and hit
      Enter.
    • Type net share "users" /d (This command deletes the "Users" share which got created automatically by the HomeGroup) and hit
      Enter.
    To create the Home group kindly follow the below given link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...-finish=windows-81&v1h=win81tab1&v2h=win7tab1

Note: The steps in above link are also applicable to Windows 10.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

can not leave HomeGroup in1809

1. can not leave HomeGroup in1809 - Similar Threads - leave HomeGroup in1809

2. Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10: Trying once again to get rid of the HomeGroup on my Win10 Home, 21H1, build 19043.1586 that always comes up as the 1st login option. Must be a hangover from a Win 7 upgrade that I've been putting up with ever since.Every post I've found on this apparently deals with pre-1803...
  3. Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10: Trying once again to get rid of the HomeGroup on my Win10 Home, 21H1, build 19043.1586 that always comes up as the 1st login option. Must be a hangover from a Win 7 upgrade that I've been putting up with ever since.Every post I've found on this apparently deals with pre-1803...
  4. Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. no camera / leave my homegroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    no camera / leave my homegroup: I need to know: 1. find my camera / after 1803 installation I no longer can find my camera 2. how to exit homegroup? Delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/no-camera-leave-my-homegroup/721e2235-c39b-4818-bcaf-dfce14c5eb2b
  6. Leaving Homegroup

Leaving Homegroup: I was operating two computers on a wired network each running Win 7 that I have upgraded to Win 10. Most seems to be Ok but I have problems trying to get access from the one computer to a printer connected to the second computer. Here is a summary of the actions I have taken:...
  7. Cannot leave or create homegroup

Cannot leave or create homegroup: I've tried every "fix" I've come across and I cannot get my homegroup back up. Is there a way to use the command line to leave the homegroup? This has been a huge pain since I upgraded my PCs to Win10. Using flash drives to share files is getting old. 27295
  8. Windows 10 refresh leaves PC unable to connect to Homegroup

Windows 10 refresh leaves PC unable to connect to Homegroup: I've five Windows 10 pc's on home network connected to Homegroup for sharing. I performed Windows 10 refresh keeping personal settings on 3 pc's; hopegroup is fine. I performed a windows 10 refresh keeping personal settings on a fourth pc; now it won't connect to Homegroup,...
  9. Homegroup not Functioning, cant leave homegroup

Homegroup not Functioning, cant leave homegroup: I cannot leave the homegroup. we had 2 computers in the network with windows 7 and windows 8.1. Windows 7 upgraded to windows 10. and the other one did a clean install of windows 8.1. Now i cannot leave the homegroup from windows 10 and the windows 8.1 has created a new...
  10. Leave Homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Leave Homegroup in Windows 10: How to: Leave Homegroup in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream media to...