Windows 10: Can not log into safe mode with CORRECT Microsoft password and my account is an...

Discus and support Can not log into safe mode with CORRECT Microsoft password and my account is an... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have googled this problem that I am just now experiencing. I have a virus on another computer, and I have tried everything that I've read and can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lbfenters, Aug 16, 2018.

1. lbfenters Win User

Can not log into safe mode with CORRECT Microsoft password and my account is an...

I have googled this problem that I am just now experiencing. I have a virus on another computer, and I have tried everything that I've read and can't solve this. Who do I have to **** to get an answer?

:)

lbfenters, Aug 16, 2018

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Safe Mode log in

Hi Richard,

PIN password option on safe mode is not enabled. You will only be allowed to use a password to access your computer in safe mode. To assist you better, kindly answer these questions below:

• Are you referring to a local user account or a Microsoft account?

Is your computer connected to the network via WiFi or through an Ethernet cable?
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      that was provided by Yashwanth Kotakuri on March 19, 2016?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Can not log into safe mode with CORRECT Microsoft password and my account is an...

Win 10 Safe Mode Password is my previous Microsoft Account password

Answer: I can log in to Windows 10 normally with my current password.

I am trying so hard to be unambiguous with my details ....

When I log into Windows 10 (non-safe mode) I use my
    CURRENT Microsoft Account / MSA / Windows Live account password. (My previous password does not work.)

When I log into Windows 10 Safe Mode I need to use my
    PREVIOUS Microsoft Account / MSA / Windows Live account password. (My current password does not work.)

NOTE FOR CLARITY: I am logging into the same Microsoft Account / MSA / Windows Live account (meaning the same User Name) regardless of if I
    am logging into Safe Mode or Normal Mode.

345rtsdgdvby67 ybnrtgdfgh, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Can not log into safe mode with CORRECT Microsoft password and my account is an...

1. Can not log into safe mode with CORRECT Microsoft password and my account is an... - Similar Threads - log safe mode

2. cant log into account with correct password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant log into account with correct password: When signing into a Microsoft account for my pc after just entering the correct password and it acepting it. it then asks me to renter it and dosent acept the same password....
  3. cant log into account with correct password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant log into account with correct password: When signing into a Microsoft account for my pc after just entering the correct password and it acepting it. it then asks me to renter it and dosent acept the same password....
  4. I can't log into my account with correct password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't log into my account with correct password: My laptop stopped starting and the recovery process began. I entered the password but the system asked me tolog into the account. Each time I enter my ms password, it says it is not correct.What is the workaround method?...
  5. Cannot access safe mode with correct password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot access safe mode with correct password: I am trying to reboot my computer Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10 in safe mode to attempt to fix a separateissue caused by a forced OS update. However, when I finally get to the safe mode login screen a pain because I have to enter my 48-digit Bitlocker recovery key to even...
  6. Cannot log in with my password in Safe Mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log in with my password in Safe Mode: can you help me please? I turn my windows 10 to safe mode, but it cant log in with my password, I have try to make it to safe mode with metworking, but it still cant login because my PC cant connect to amy metwork... i use wifi amd usb thetering and its still cant connext and...
  7. Windows safe mode not taking the correct password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows safe mode not taking the correct password: Hello everyone, I have been stuck in safe mode for a few hours now and it says my correct password, which I have changed now 3 times is incorrect and I cannot get it out of safe mode without the password, which it says no matter what is incorrect, is there anyone that knows...
  8. Safe Mode Password Is Not Microsoft Account Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode Password Is Not Microsoft Account Password: Hello, I have a personal computer (Windows 10) that uses a Microsoft Online account as the administrator (there are no local accounts or local log ins). I normally use a pin to sign into the computer. When I boot the computer into Safe Mode, it requires a password and does...
  9. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...
  10. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...