Windows 10: Can not log on to Win 10 from Safe Mode Minimal Option.

Discus and support Can not log on to Win 10 from Safe Mode Minimal Option. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have read all posts related to "unable to log on from safe mode" and none have solved my problem. When I logged on in safe mode by running msconfig i... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by stnrck64, Feb 8, 2021.

1. stnrck64 Win User

Can not log on to Win 10 from Safe Mode Minimal Option.

I have read all posts related to "unable to log on from safe mode" and none have solved my problem. When I logged on in safe mode by running msconfig i accidentally chose "safe mode with minimal option' and was unable to log on after a restart. The log on screen comes up with password option only since the pin option does not work. Password option also does not work even after resetting my Microsoft password from another PC. I do not have a restore point available. I am able to boot from a Win 10 ISO installation CD and can get the command prompt. I can also get to system recovery after a few restarts (not using the ISO CD) by holding down the shift key. I just want to be able to log on again and get out of safe mode. I have tried "bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot" with {default} and {current} at least a dozen times; it doesn't work. My PC is now in recovery mode, troubleshoot, startup settings. I do get the nine item list to choose from before restarting. I have tried options 4, 5, and 6 all related to restarting in safe mode. It doesn't matter what option I choose, none of them work. I restarted without the installation CD. I am running Win 10 build 2004.

:)

stnrck64, Feb 8, 2021
  2. John Zab Win User

Safe mode minimal

Hi,

To help address the issue regarding with restoring Windows from safe mode, kindly give us details on the following:

• Which troubleshooting steps have you tried already?
    • What were you trying to do in safe mode?
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Can't log into Safe Mode in Win 10 1607

Updated to Win 10 1607 and have run into a problem that requires me to log into Safe Mode. Unfortunately, the login screen won't take my password.

I setup Win 10 using an MS Account for logging into Windows. The username and password are fine as I also use them on my laptop. My computer is set up to login using a PIN or fingerprint. Neither of these options are available to me on the Safe Boot login
    screen.

Any suggestions how I resolve the password problem?

Thanks for any help!

Mark

MarkReynoldsZY, Feb 8, 2021
  4. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Can not log on to Win 10 from Safe Mode Minimal Option. - Similar Threads - log Safe Mode

2. Win 11 safe mode - Need help logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 safe mode - Need help logging in: Running win 11, I put my computer into safe boot in the control panel / windows tools and now I cant get past the login screen. The fingerprint reader does not work and windows indicates that it cannot verify? my pin. Is there a work around? Thank you...
  3. Win 11 safe mode - Need help logging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 safe mode - Need help logging in: Running win 11, I put my computer into safe boot in the control panel / windows tools and now I cant get past the login screen. The fingerprint reader does not work and windows indicates that it cannot verify? my pin. Is there a work around? Thank you...
  4. Win 10 safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 safe mode: Hello, suddenly my laptop black screen, 1. Try to login repairing system, but keep on saying wrong PW , I reset my hotmail PW -> wrong, and unable reset login PW. 2. Try start at safe mode, but pop message The system detected an overrun of stuck-based buffer in this...
  5. Stuck in Safe Mode - Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Safe Mode - Win 10: So, yesterday I tried to update my driver for the graphic card (AMD). It asked me to reboot in Safe Mode, and I did... Now I'm stuck in the limbo of Safe Mode. The windows don't accept my password (either the one I use for the windows or my microsoft account, I use a hotmail...
  6. Login from safe mode minimal to with networking.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Login from safe mode minimal to with networking.: So i put my laptop on safemode minimal. It won't let me login at all with either Microsoft password or normal login. It won't connect to the internet either. I can't find the troubleshoot option as it goes straight into the enter password page. How should I proceed?...
  7. safe mode issue with win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    safe mode issue with win 10: start up a computer with a safe mode win and can not back to the regular desk top mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-issue-with-win-10/7d49da3c-fc39-4066-bfc3-17e71da9d523
  8. Trapped at Win 10 Safe Mode Log in screen with no Network Connection

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trapped at Win 10 Safe Mode Log in screen with no Network Connection: All --- I am caught in a trap that I can't get out of. I booted into Safe Mode without network connection. I know that I have to enter my Windows (Outlook) password and not my PIN to move forward. For whatever reason, it didn't like my password. From another machine, I...
  9. How to change from Minimal Safe Mode to Safe Mode with Networking without login?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change from Minimal Safe Mode to Safe Mode with Networking without login?: I cannot log into 64-bit Microsoft Windows 10 Home. What happened was I used MSCONFIG to activate Minimal Safe Mode boot. However, before rebooting I only had my Windows PIN written down and not my Microsoft password. I figured that Minimal Safe Mode without Networking...
  10. Safe mode not being minimal

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode not being minimal: Sorry for the crap title, I couldn't think of a better way to word it *chuckle But anyway I'm having a strange problem on one of my computers, where when I boot into safe mode, the resolution is set to 800x600 as expected but all the drivers are loaded like a normal startup...