Windows 10: Can not make registry changes.

Discus and support Can not make registry changes. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've concluded that anyone who's search ends up here: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kkorotev, Dec 19, 2017.

1. kkorotev Win User

Can not make registry changes.

I've concluded that anyone who's search ends up here:
    Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials
    has probably ended up in a number of other places which make the same conclusions.
    I have no reason to doubt that my Nav pane duplicates should be easily deleted with these registry changes:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFold ers\{F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83}]andHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpa ce\DelegateFolders\{F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83}]

My problem is that I can not edit my registry to make these key changes. I can not make a permissions change that sticks and even if all reports indicate I have, I can not merge/import the .reg keys.

Interestingly, I CAN
    merge the keys into DelegateFolders that allow me to ADD folders...but not remove.

The (T:\) drive in the accompanying screen shot is the only external USB currently turned on.

IDEAS?
    Kevin

:)

kkorotev, Dec 19, 2017

2. Can not make any changes.

After downloading windows 10 I some how lost my administrative rights and now can not make any changes to my PC. When I follow instructions on how to change my account setting back it asks if I want to make changes and have to type in an administrative
    password word but does not give me a box to type. Please Help...!!!!

Adam_Butler1980, Dec 19, 2017
  3. Can not make any changes.

Yes have a MS account. Trying to make it so I don't have to have a password starting up computer or waking it up. And any other settings I try to change, brings me to a window asking me enter admin. password but nowhere to type password.

Adam_Butler1980, Dec 19, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

- are you sure you actually have duplicates? Which do you think are?

Quick access items are shortcuts. You don't have to display Quick Access expanded like that in the Navigation Pane.

dalchina, Dec 19, 2017
  5. kkorotev Win User
    T-Drive listed 3 times.

kkorotev, Dec 20, 2017
  6. Arent those just Quick access shortcuts that can be deleted

Techjourney, Dec 20, 2017
  7. kkorotev Win User
    Quick Access is closed. Compare the two screenshots. The dupes are showing under "This PC".

kkorotev, Dec 20, 2017
  8. Can not make registry changes.

Okay, I see that now. Yes the fix is usually to delete the registry entries you mentioned. Are you not able to edit anything in the registry or only those entries?

Techjourney, Dec 20, 2017
  9. Right tick on one of them and select properties.
    See if their is anything in them. It might give you a clue what they are.

Jack.

Layback Bear, Dec 20, 2017
  10. kkorotev Win User
    I KNOW what they are. Duplicates of the T-Drive.

kkorotev, Dec 20, 2017
  11. Have a NICE day.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 20, 2017
  12. kkorotev Win User
    Sorry, Jack. My patience with this running very low...sorry I snapped. You were only trying to help.
    Kevin

kkorotev, Dec 20, 2017
  13. Eagle51 Win User

Hey kkorotev,
    I don't know why you can't edit the registry, but as a work around you could try PowerRun. You would just need to add regedit.exe to it's list and run regedit from it.

PowerRun - PowerRun v1.1 (Run with highest privileges)

Eagle51, Dec 20, 2017
  14. kkorotev Win User
    Thanks Eagle 51, but it has no effect. No indication that it's even doing anything. .reg files can not be added.
    Kevin

kkorotev, Dec 20, 2017
  15. Eagle51 Win User
    Sorry, I meant run regedit.exe from PowerRun, to see if you can manually edit those registry settings.

Eagle51, Dec 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Can not make registry changes. - Similar Threads - registry changes

2. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent: Good Afternoon,We have recently used this Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-windows-10-and-inability-to-burn-blank/145591fc-8d6b-41c0-b5e5-252ba76f2788 to resolve an issue with a few of our desktops no burning CDs. The fix works when you run...
  3. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent: Good Afternoon,We have recently used this Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-windows-10-and-inability-to-burn-blank/145591fc-8d6b-41c0-b5e5-252ba76f2788 to resolve an issue with a few of our desktops no burning CDs. The fix works when you run...
  4. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?: Hello,I wish to find out if changing enteries in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentSet001\Enum\USB\Has an immediate effect, has an effect only when usb is reseated, has an effect only when usb port is changed, or requires reboot for effect.Thank you!...
  6. Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?: Hello,I wish to find out if changing enteries in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentSet001\Enum\USB\Has an immediate effect, has an effect only when usb is reseated, has an effect only when usb port is changed, or requires reboot for effect.Thank you!...
  7. Does changing a registry key inside of this path have an immediate effect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Changing userpath in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing userpath in Registry Editor: Getting a new PC and transferring things over was a mess and my Desktop was placed in onedrive. I had to change it, alongside my Pictures, Documents, and Downloads to the correct path C:/Users/Username/ from %USERPROFILE%. I was suspicious when I did this that any pathways to...
  9. Changing userpath in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing userpath in Registry Editor: Getting a new PC and transferring things over was a mess and my Desktop was placed in onedrive. I had to change it, alongside my Pictures, Documents, and Downloads to the correct path C:/Users/Username/ from %USERPROFILE%. I was suspicious when I did this that any pathways to...
  10. Changing userpath in Registry Editor