Windows 10: Can not mount old Gateway Boot / File Drive in New HP

Discus and support Can not mount old Gateway Boot / File Drive in New HP in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My old Gateway failed. Today I purchased a new HP Pavilion 570-p023w. It sees my two USB 1 T drives straight away. I put the old Gateway boot/ file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikeincousa, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Can not mount old Gateway Boot / File Drive in New HP

My old Gateway failed.

Today I purchased a new HP Pavilion 570-p023w.

It sees my two USB 1 T drives straight away.

I put the old Gateway boot/ file drive a 500 gig Seagate Barracuda Sata in a Rrosewill RX308.
    external USB enclosure.

The HP does not recognize it.

What do I need to do for mounting the Gateway?

Something at the Administrative Command Line?

H-E-L-P PLEASE.

I so need to be able to access the files on the Gateway Drive

Thanks.

:)

mikeincousa, Jun 18, 2018

2. Delay mounting network drive at boot?

I am starting a new thread as suggested as the other threads on this subject are so old! however as Microsoft does not appear to read any of these forums and more pointedly does nothing to solve the problem I will ask again.

I have three NAS boxes holding somewhere about 30TB spread over 12 drives and sometimes they are logged on at boot and sometimes not. Surely it can't be too difficult to delay the network acquisition until later in the boot sequence. In the meantime does
    anyone know which application is responsible for network acquisition so I can look into this myself!

Moved from Community Participation Center

Other thread:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/delay-mounting-network-drive-at-boot/e25538d4-6f85-442c-ac43-3f8ba2e9bf75?page=4#LastReply

Iains account, Jun 19, 2018
  3. GlynParry Win User
    Old Hard drive to new hard drive

I now have my old hard drive converted to an external drive and am wondering what is the best way to move files from the old to the new. I was thinking of booting the old drive and saving the files I want to the cloud and then downloading them to my new
    computer. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

GlynParry, Jun 19, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Can not mount old Gateway Boot / File Drive in New HP

Error mounting .ISO files in Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues mounting ISO files on your Windows 10 Home computer. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried mounting the ISO files on another computer?
    • Have you tried copying the ISO file to your desktop and mount it from there?
    • Do you have a CD/DVD drive installed on your computer?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

Can not mount old Gateway Boot / File Drive in New HP

1. Can not mount old Gateway Boot / File Drive in New HP - Similar Threads - mount old Gateway

2. Moving a old windows boot drive to a new pc that has a new boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving a old windows boot drive to a new pc that has a new boot drive: I built a new PC recently and got a new m.2 SSD Which is my new boot drive/ :C Drive. I was wondering if it was safe to take my old PC :C Drive and put it in my new one and wipe it? Will this cause any issues since there would be two drives with windows installed on them?...
  3. Moving a old windows boot drive to a new pc that has a new boot drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving a old windows boot drive to a new pc that has a new boot drive: I built a new PC recently and got a new m.2 SSD Which is my new boot drive/ :C Drive. I was wondering if it was safe to take my old PC :C Drive and put it in my new one and wipe it? Will this cause any issues since there would be two drives with windows installed on them?...
  4. How can I move boot files from old drive to new one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I move boot files from old drive to new one?: Hello,I recently bought a new SSD in order to replace the old HDD in my laptop. During the installation of Windows 10 on the new SSD I foolishly didn't remove the old HDD from my laptop so now I have two versions of Windows 10 in both drives. Even though Windows run properly...
  5. How can I move boot files from old drive to new one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I move boot files from old drive to new one?: Hello,I recently bought a new SSD in order to replace the old HDD in my laptop. During the installation of Windows 10 on the new SSD I foolishly didn't remove the old HDD from my laptop so now I have two versions of Windows 10 in both drives. Even though Windows run properly...
  6. How can I move boot files from old drive to new one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can You Use an Old Boot Drive for Your New System?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can You Use an Old Boot Drive for Your New System?: Hey everyone! So as it is the holiday season I’m looking into building a new rig(as I’m sure a whole lot of others are). And I just had a question. So I have an SSD that I made my boot drive/installed windows on it from a USB on my current rig when I had built it. I also...
  8. Boot windows from new drive while keeping old drive’s file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot windows from new drive while keeping old drive’s file?: I just bought a new ssd to install windows on because my hard drive sounds like the Daytona 500 when booting up. I have 100s of gbs worth of programs and files I want to keep. Anyway of having windows on both, but only running on one? submitted by /u/MostLikelyALlama...
  9. Mounting all drives when booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mounting all drives when booting: Hi, my problem is, that Windows mounts every drive when booting and each drive is taking maybe 2 seconds and i have 4 hdds other than system drive and one blu-ray drive. Some of them are drives, that shouldn't be visible by windows 10. For example two are linux, one is win7....
  10. Dual Boot Last Drive Mounted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Last Drive Mounted: Since I can not run Feedback Hub, I do not know why, I need to write it here hoping that some could help or it is Windows Bug. Before Fall Update, I had very satisfying Dual Boot situation like this: Disk 1 - Win 10 x32 Disk 2 - Win 10 x64 (have to have both of them)...