Windows 10: Can not move Desktop folder

Discus and support Can not move Desktop folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to stop my OneDrive account to use iDrive. However, I can't move my Desktop folder now that I've unlinked OneDrive from the cloud.Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FRozendal, Aug 11, 2021.

1. FRozendal Win User

Can not move Desktop folder

I'm trying to stop my OneDrive account to use iDrive. However, I can't move my Desktop folder now that I've unlinked OneDrive from the cloud.Help!

:)

FRozendal, Aug 11, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 11, 2021
  4. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Can not move Desktop folder - Similar Threads - move Desktop folder

2. Accidentally moved .keras folder to desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally moved .keras folder to desktop.: I accidentally moved a folder called ".keras" to desktop.I don't know where to move it back to in C drive.Please can you tell me the path to put it back in exacty the right place?Windows 11....
  3. Accidentally moved .keras folder to desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally moved .keras folder to desktop.: I accidentally moved a folder called ".keras" to desktop.I don't know where to move it back to in C drive.Please can you tell me the path to put it back in exacty the right place?Windows 11....
  4. Moving desktop folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving desktop folder to another drive: Hi all. I have just had to reinstall windoes due booting problems. I want to move desktop, documents folders etc to another drive. I know how to do it right click, properties, location, move but the issue I have is that I already have these folders on another drive due to the...
  5. Moving desktop folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving desktop folder to another drive: Hi all. I have just had to reinstall windoes due booting problems. I want to move desktop, documents folders etc to another drive. I know how to do it right click, properties, location, move but the issue I have is that I already have these folders on another drive due to the...
  6. Moving desktop folder to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Desktop icons not moving correctly into folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons not moving correctly into folders: Whenever I move a new desktop icon into a folder, the image of the icon does not load and will not load no matter how many times I move it in and out of that folder. This is not specific to one folder or one icon, and happens all the time. The icon inside the folder will only...
  8. Moved Desktop folder merged with Public Desktop folder by mistake

in Windows 10 Support
    Moved Desktop folder merged with Public Desktop folder by mistake: Hello So my friend tried the location of the personal folders like document and downloads, etc, but the whole thing got messed up and everything was named documents. And the real personal folders were redirected to the Public folder and not the original user one. So I played...
  9. WIndows desktop: moving files into folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows desktop: moving files into folders: When I want to drag a file Word, Excel, etc. on my desktop to a folder on my desktop, I want to be able to hover the file over the folder and while hovering, the folder opens up and displays subfolders...at that point I can position the file over the subfolder, let go of the...
  10. Desktop folders Move function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop folders Move function: Clicking in the title bar of any folder on the desktop shows a list of functions - Restore, Move, Size, Minimize etc. When I right click on the title bar and select Move, the Move icon appears but it's not clear what to then do with it to actually make the folder move....