Windows 10: can not open an xlsx file on an email attatchment

Discus and support can not open an xlsx file on an email attatchment in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been sent in my email, an xlsx attatchment and it wont open, how can i open this attatchment, i am on Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gg07, Apr 15, 2019.

1. gg07 Win User

can not open an xlsx file on an email attatchment

I have been sent in my email, an xlsx attatchment and it wont open, how can i open this attatchment, i am on Windows 10.

:)

2. xlsx files can't open

Hello Donald,

.XLSX is a file extension for an open XML spreadsheet used by Microsoft Excel. For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Is Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? If yes, which version of Microsoft Excel are you using?
    • Are you getting any error messages when opening the .xlsx files?
    • Did you create the said file or was it downloaded from a certain source?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 15, 2019
  3. unisus_ Win User
    Multiple E70s not opening attatchments

I have purchased several Nokia E70s for the company, and have enabled the Blackberry service on them. However whe we do recieve an email via the blackberry service, we can not open the attatchment regardless of the type of attatchment. PDF docs, Excel,
    Word docs etc all come up with just a page break. There is no option to actualy store the attatchment on the unit to the phone memory or card. However if you do place the same attatched document on the E70 in question (all of them) by using the data cable
    you can open the document successfuly. Any ideas?

unisus_, Apr 15, 2019
  4. wpmXX Win User

How to open .xlsx files

Cannot open Excel .xlsx file?

wpmXX, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. can not open an xlsx file on an email attatchment - Similar Threads - open xlsx file

2. Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file: Hi, After a recent update I am unable to open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf files and receive the following message: Windows cannot find file name. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. I have done a clean boot, SFC scan and DISM. Restarted a number of times...
  3. Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file: Hi, After a recent update I am unable to open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf files and receive the following message: Windows cannot find file name. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. I have done a clean boot, SFC scan and DISM. Restarted a number of times...
  4. xlsx file formats not valid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xlsx file formats not valid: i have files that i lost on a external drice i have recovered them but try to open and i get xlsx file formats not valid i have tried all steps that i have read up on with no results im stumped is there any other steps or solutions that i may try...
  5. xlsx file formats not valid

xlsx file formats not valid: i have files that i lost on a external drice i have recovered them but try to open and i get xlsx file formats not valid i have tried all steps that i have read up on with no results im stumped is there any other steps or solutions that i may try...
  6. Opening docx/xlsx file in search bar isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening docx/xlsx file in search bar isn't working: Good day,My new laptop came in Windows 10 and I updated it to Windows 11 prior to using it.Search bar opens and I am able to search for files and apps.What I usually do is hit Start then type directly what I am looking for and hit enter on my keyboard.When I hit enter on...
  7. Opening docx/xlsx file in search bar isn't working

Opening docx/xlsx file in search bar isn't working: Good day,My new laptop came in Windows 10 and I updated it to Windows 11 prior to using it.Search bar opens and I am able to search for files and apps.What I usually do is hit Start then type directly what I am looking for and hit enter on my keyboard.When I hit enter on...
  8. Unable to use Open > Browse for XLSX, PPTX or DOCX files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use Open > Browse for XLSX, PPTX or DOCX files: Each time I attempt to Open with 'Browse' function, the application crashes when selecting xlsx, docx and pptx files even before clicking the 'Open' button. The same when I try to open from any Office apps, or when using the 'browse' window to upload to Chrome, Firefox,...
  9. e-mail attatchments

e-mail attatchments: I cannot send e-mails with file attatchments. I am not tech-savvy and all of the so-called on-line help from Microsoft was useless, just kept getting the same questions, and when I followed the instructions to get talk to a real person the screen that appeared had what...
  10. Opening .docx and .xlsx

Opening .docx and .xlsx: If I click on one of these files types in Windows Explorer is crashes and goes to 'Not Responding' every time. I have repaired, reset, reinstalled, sfc /scannow. Nothing works. Come on Microsoft, what is the issue here. I have seen many, many people asking for a solution...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows can not open xlsx