Windows 10: can not open an xlsx file on an email attatchment

Discus and support can not open an xlsx file on an email attatchment in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been sent in my email, an xlsx attatchment and it wont open, how can i open this attatchment, i am on Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gg07, Apr 15, 2019.

1. gg07 Win User

can not open an xlsx file on an email attatchment

I have been sent in my email, an xlsx attatchment and it wont open, how can i open this attatchment, i am on Windows 10.

:)

2. xlsx files can't open

Hello Donald,

.XLSX is a file extension for an open XML spreadsheet used by Microsoft Excel. For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Is Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? If yes, which version of Microsoft Excel are you using?
    • Are you getting any error messages when opening the .xlsx files?
    • Did you create the said file or was it downloaded from a certain source?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 15, 2019
  3. unisus_ Win User
    Multiple E70s not opening attatchments

I have purchased several Nokia E70s for the company, and have enabled the Blackberry service on them. However whe we do recieve an email via the blackberry service, we can not open the attatchment regardless of the type of attatchment. PDF docs, Excel,
    Word docs etc all come up with just a page break. There is no option to actualy store the attatchment on the unit to the phone memory or card. However if you do place the same attatched document on the E70 in question (all of them) by using the data cable
    you can open the document successfuly. Any ideas?

unisus_, Apr 15, 2019
  4. wpmXX Win User

How to open .xlsx files

Cannot open Excel .xlsx file?

wpmXX, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. can not open an xlsx file on an email attatchment - Similar Threads - open xlsx file

2. I can NOT open RAW Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can NOT open RAW Files: I have spent 3 days trying to download stuff and it's not working! I have download the Windows insider program and it is not the right one for the Raw Photo extension. That means I can NOT down load the RAW Photo Extension I tried downloading the another RAW program because...
  3. Can not open picture files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not open picture files: I can not open my picture file, even though it was before. After I clicked a picture file, a note : the app didn't start; will appear. Is there any way to fix this problems?...
  4. Email not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Email not opening: My electric power went off for 2 hours and when it came back on my desktop computer's email would not open. The blue screen showing the envelope would appear but a few second later the screen went back to my desktop not opening my email. I was told that I may have lost my...
  5. Downloaded Exe file can not open

Downloaded Exe file can not open: Good day I downloaded an exe file but can not open it. Error message This app can not run on your pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-exe-file-can-not-open/fa456acc-5213-413e-8fa7-1513b4f9ea11"
  6. After upgrading From Windows 7 to Windows 10, Excel 2013 can no longer open .xlsx files on...

After upgrading From Windows 7 to Windows 10, Excel 2013 can no longer open .xlsx files on...: I put this in the Windows 10 category because it started when upgrading from Win7 to Win10. Even an empty .xlsx file won't open from Network Share. No problem with Word or PowerPoint. "Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more Documents because there is not enough...
  7. File Explorer not previewing .docx files or .xlsx will preview txt pdf

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not previewing .docx files or .xlsx will preview txt pdf: Lately (I don't know how long, just noticed recently) Win 10 File Explorer won't show a preview of .docx or xlsx files. I have found a weird workaround: Open File Explorer, Highlight (click on) the file I want to preview. Nothing but a ding sound indicating a little window...
  8. Can not open emails in chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Can not open emails in chrome: Recently returned from hospital, I’m trying to open my emails I Chrome gmail. Please provide step by step instructions to return gmail to default view and function so that I may open my email. Since I can’t open and see the responses provided. Please send them to...
  9. How to make Excel 2016 the default app to open xls and xlsx data files

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to make Excel 2016 the default app to open xls and xlsx data files: I know how I'm supposed to do it, SETTINGS==>DEFAULT APPS==>CHOOSE THE DEFAULT APP BY FILE TYPE, but Excel 2016 is not an option. Instead, it tries to send me to the App Store. I think I have tried everything except reinstalling Office. 63196
  10. downloading excel file changes file extension to .xlsx

in Microsoft Office and 365
    downloading excel file changes file extension to .xlsx: I have tried to download an Excel (.xls extension) from a web site I use. On download I get a file with a .xlsx extension which will not open in Windows Office 2010. I successfully downloaded the file using Chromodo so I assume there is something corrupting the download via...