Windows 10: Can not open ANY links from Mail App in Windows 10 even the help link in settings

Discus and support Can not open ANY links from Mail App in Windows 10 even the help link in settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Last week, all of a sudden, I could no longer open any embedded links in emails while using the app. I even tried to go to the help feature in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by memine7, Dec 31, 2019.

1. memine7 Win User

Can not open ANY links from Mail App in Windows 10 even the help link in settings

Last week, all of a sudden, I could no longer open any embedded links in emails while using the app. I even tried to go to the help feature in settings, and it will not open that link either. Sometimes I just get the string website address I am assuming and other times I get "unable to open the link" with the stream of information. I am using Version 16005.12228.20356.0

What I have tried from my own research:

Tested using Outlook.com and the email and links work fine from there.

I reset the app from Windows 10 settings.

I deleted and reinstalled the app

I made sure my default web setting is Microsoft Edge.

Nothing I have tried has worked.

:)

memine7, Dec 31, 2019
  2. Suman_B Win User

Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to open links in emails on Windows 10 Mail app, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. Is the issue specific to Mail app? Are you able open hyperlinks from other applications like Word?
    2. Did you try accessing different links through Firefox?
    3. May I know if you have set Firefox as the

default program
      ?

I suggest you to try the following method and check:

Method 1: Update Windows 10.

Suggest you to
    update the Windows 10

Method 2: Update Firefox.

Check if there is an updated version of Firefox as you are able to open the links through Edge.

Please reply with details and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Dec 31, 2019
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Dec 31, 2019
  4. skiahh Win User

Can not open ANY links from Mail App in Windows 10 even the help link in settings

Mail app and web page links not opening new tab

This is probably something dumb I've done, but I can't figure it out.

emails in Mail used to open web links (http and https) in a new tab in my FF browser. Now, they open on the current tab. Not sure whether it's a Mail setting or a FF setting; both have been updated, so either could be the cause.

Any suggestions on where to look for how to handle links in email in Mail?

Thanks!

skiahh, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Can not open ANY links from Mail App in Windows 10 even the help link in settings - Similar Threads - open links Mail

2. Can’t open links and attachments in Windows Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t open links and attachments in Windows Mail app: [ATTACH]Windows Mail is an email client from Microsoft that lets users view and manage their emails. While using the Windows Mail app, some users have experienced that they are unable to open links and attachments in the Windows Mall app. In this article, we will see some...
  3. Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open file links in Mail app Windows 10: When I want to open a file link in email which is in my local C drive folder, it shows "unable to open file:///file location". I cannot open it in the mail app in Window10 but I can open it in Microsoft Outlook app. At the same time I can open all http or https links, I just...
  4. Can't open links from any app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open links from any app: Not sure I can write this here but, on any app (TS, Discord, Steam etc...) I can't open links when I click on them. I thought it was just discord at first, but I can't anywhere. What might be the problem? It's the first time ever in my life that I experience this problem. It...
  5. Mail App stopped opening Links

Mail App stopped opening Links: I got this info[ATTACH] and this which I don't have the enough skills to understand yet, by the way is from the new visor app: { "ver": "4.0", "name": "Microsoft.Outlook.Hx.Client.Common.UserInteractivity", "time": "2020-03-06T01:27:58.7288542Z",...
  6. unable to open any links from my e-mail acct.

unable to open any links from my e-mail acct.: Since i updated my Windows 10 to the latest build version 17763.557, I'm unable to open links in e-mails on Windows 10 Mail program using my standard browser Chrome It's the first time that occurred this to me. I've been using Windows 10 Mail and opening the links with...
  7. Can't open links in mail app on windows 10.

Can't open links in mail app on windows 10.: As the title says, i can't open any links within the mail app on windows 10. When I click on a link it says "Unable to open ' specified link address'", for example: "Unable to open mailto:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***". I have tried: Rebooting my laptop...
  8. Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links

Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links: Since i updated my Windows 10 to the latest build version 17763.557, I'm unable to open links in e-mails on Windows 10 Mail program using my standard browser Firefox. Although if I use another browser like for example, Edge, it opens normally like it did before this new...
  9. Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons)

Mail App on Windows 10 does not open links (buttons): Hi I have this ongoing problem with the Windows 10 Mail app. Some links (jpeg buttons) do not open into a browser from this app. I either have to go to Outlook.com or use Outlook 365 which is a pain. I get this pop-up all the time. I already tried the mentioned firewall...
  10. Can I set the default linked account in Windows 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Can I set the default linked account in Windows 10 Mail App: I'm currently using the Windows 10 Mail App and have 8 different email accounts. When I open the mail app, I want my most-used email account to the the first one to open. Is there any way to change which email account appears when the Windows Mail App is opened? Thanks....