Windows 10: Can not open anything within Windows 10 without having to check compatibility mode

Discus and support Can not open anything within Windows 10 without having to check compatibility mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer boots up fine, desktop loads like normal and now I can not get anything to open. I click on an application (example edge) and the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YETTERMIESTER, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Can not open anything within Windows 10 without having to check compatibility mode

Computer boots up fine, desktop loads like normal and now I can not get anything to open. I click on an application (example edge) and the screen flashes blue and windows explorer crashed and reloads.....

If I right click on the application and ask it to check compatibility it reverts everything back to Windows 8 and runs it once. The settings seem to revert back to the configuration that causes explorer to crash....

HELP!!

Thanks!

-Yettermeister

:)

YETTERMIESTER, Jul 17, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2019
  3. windows 7 Compatability mode problems...

I'd suggest trying the "Compatibility Mode" as others have suggested. Additionally check the option to "Disable Desktop Composition". If it still does not work I'd recommend running XP in a Virtual Machine or using a DOS emulator (assuming your games are that old).

Please excuse me if I'm rude but your typing is so impressively awful that if I didn't check your posting history I would automatically assume you are a troll. I apologize if English is not your primary language.

streetfighter 2, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Can not open anything within Windows 10 without having to check compatibility mode

Windows 10 Compatibility

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about compatibility of the driver on Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below link and check if the driver is compatible.

Refer:
    Windows Compatibility Center

If not compatible, I suggest you to install the driver in compatibility mode on Windows 10.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Hope it helps. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance with Windows Operating System. We will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Can not open anything within Windows 10 without having to check compatibility mode

1. Can not open anything within Windows 10 without having to check compatibility mode - Similar Threads - open anything within

2. Windows 11 Compatibility Check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Compatibility Check: Hello,I downloaded and installed the Windows 11 Health Check to see if my company laptop is compatible with Windows 11, however in order to bypass the "Your organization manages updates on this PC" popup, it would appear from other info on this forum that I am required to...
  3. Windows 11 Compatibility Check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Compatibility Check: Hello,I downloaded and installed the Windows 11 Health Check to see if my company laptop is compatible with Windows 11, however in order to bypass the "Your organization manages updates on this PC" popup, it would appear from other info on this forum that I am required to...
  4. Compatibility Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compatibility Mode in Windows 10: I have been running Windows Live Mail on a Sony Vaio for a good few years, originally on Windows 7 but on Windows 10 for the last 2-3 years. I have now upgraded to a Microsoft Surface Pro and have copied the Windows Live Mail directories but when I try to run it nothing...
  5. Windows Compatibility Mode Reverting to Windows 10 Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Compatibility Mode Reverting to Windows 10 Mode: Recently A W32bit app that runs in W8compatibilty mode or other compatibility mode reverts to Windows 10 mode. This has been recurring several times in the last 2 month, assuming after a W10 update, but mot sure. I continually must reset the icon, only for it to revert back...
  6. windows 10 compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 compatibility mode: [ATTACH] when i go to the properties tab of grand theft auto 3 to try to run it in compatibility mode the option doesn't pop up no compatibility mode submitted by /u/Aidensully_04 [link] [comments]...
  7. Is there a way to have Microsoft Edge always open in compatibility mode for Windows 8?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to have Microsoft Edge always open in compatibility mode for Windows 8?: I just updated to Windows 10 1909 and with it I got the new version of Edge, with the new icon. But whenever I open it I just get the “SOURCE: INVALID_IMAGE_HASH” error on every webpage. Nothing is accessible. Not even settings. It’s because I have some other software that’s...
  8. Windows 10 compatibility mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 compatibility mode: Does Windows 10 have a compatibility mode to allow older games to be installed and run on a Windows 10 machine? If so, how is it enabled? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-compatibility-mode/95d8ebd3-05e0-464d-b3bc-7a97e8503801
  9. Checking Windows 10 Compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Checking Windows 10 Compatibility: Hi Everyone, I have a Desktop with these specs: -Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 2933 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) -Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB -Hard Space: 500 GB -GPU: Nividia Geforce 210 -Display: 1600x900 and i want...
  10. Windows 10 does not have Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 does not have Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode?: Hello, I am on Windows 10 Home and have a program which must absolutely run in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode for it to actually run properly, I saw on the internet that Windows 10 does have such a compatibility mode and even down to Windows 95 but in truth it actually...