Windows 10: Can not open Device Manager

Discus and support Can not open Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Everyone: I have upgraded my Windows version to 2004OS Build 1904.1 and since then I can not open the device manager from within the control panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RezaNiazi, Sep 25, 2020.

1. RezaNiazi Win User

Can not open Device Manager

Hi Everyone:

I have upgraded my Windows version to 2004OS Build 1904.1 and since then I can not open the device manager from within the control panel and windows shows a dialog box with this content :

User Account Control

This App. has been blocked for your protection.

An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact Administrator.

MMC.EXE

Publisher: Unknown

File Origin: Hard Drive on this computer

Program Location" C:\Windows\system32\mmc.exe" C:\Windows\sysytem32\devmgmt.msc

I changed the permission settings for that file but didn't work. So, Could you tell me how I can get the Device Manger running normal again.

Thank you;

Reza Niazi

:)

RezaNiazi, Sep 25, 2020

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Can not open Device Manager What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    USB microphone show up under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager

Hi Luke,

We suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Sep 25, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Can not open Device Manager - Similar Threads - open Device Manager

2. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager not opening: So I logged in pc 3 days ago to play the call of duty, and I was lagging. So I closed out of the game and it told me to update my drives. So I look up how to do that and it tells me to go to device manager but it closes after only a second of being opened. So I try checking...
  3. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device manager not opening: So I logged in pc 3 days ago to play the call of duty, and I was lagging. So I closed out of the game and it told me to update my drives. So I look up how to do that and it tells me to go to device manager but it closes after only a second of being opened. So I try checking...
  4. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Device Manager not opening Windows10

Device Manager not opening Windows10: Hi. My camera stopped working and I wanted to update the driver in Device Manager and my Device Manager didn’t want to open. I tried the scnnow and it still didn’t work. I booted in safe mode to test and it still didn’t work. My Windows Hello also stopped working. My...
  6. Can’t open device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t open device manager: I just got a surface book 1 and i wanted to check what my graphics drivers are. I hit the windows key and typed “device manager” and it pops up but won’t run when I click it. submitted by /u/SavPMA [link] [comments]...
  7. Unable to open Device Manager.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to open Device Manager.: Dear Microsoft, I am experiencing the following issues. When I try to open Device Manager, I get this:[IMG] And when I tried to open cmd.exe and regedit, I got the following messages: [IMG][IMG]...
  8. device manager opening problem

device manager opening problem: Whenever i try to open device manager a message popup on the screen"This app has been blocked for your protection.An administrator has blocked you from running this app.For more information contact administrator. mmc.exe".Please how can I get rid off this?...
  9. Device Manager will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Manager will not open: I cannot open Device Manager. I get a message: "Cannot save the archive 'control.zip' to the folder . . .". This also happens with other commands. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-will-not-open/ae659dd3-3168-4a28-835d-756d4295dd77
  10. can not open the device manager

can not open the device manager: can not open the device manager [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/can-not-open-the-device-manager/ca966c04-3554-44ba-98d4-9e9b2d5d81d2