Windows 10: Can not open drive D because BitLocker after reinstalling Windows 10

Discus and support Can not open drive D because BitLocker after reinstalling Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, I've just re-installing Windows 10 with new installation from USB Drive. But after finishing, I can not access drive D with required... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LinhLV, May 15, 2020.

1. LinhLV Win User

Can not open drive D because BitLocker after reinstalling Windows 10

Hi all,

I've just re-installing Windows 10 with new installation from USB Drive. But after finishing, I can not access drive D with required BitLocker recovery key. Previously, I may not remember that I've already using BitLocker or not.

How can I solve the problem?

:)

LinhLV, May 15, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 15, 2020
  3. Alex F Win User
    How to delete D drive encrypted by Bitlocker without password or recovery key?

There's a Dell PC running Windows 10 in my office that a previous user had that they created an encrypted D drive with Bitlocker. The guy has left and nobody has proper contact with them.

I don't care about the data on the D drive I just want to delete the drive off the PC. Steps I have already taken are:

• Reinstall Windows
    • Reset the PC with the options "Remove everything" and "Only drives where windows is installed"

When I chose the option "All drives" I get an error saying "There was a problem resetting your PC".

Can anyone provide instructions on how to delete the D drive encrypted with Bitlocker?

Alex F, May 15, 2020
  4. mcraygsx Win User

Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Here is the screenshot

Imgur
    As you can see Drive D is no longer present in BitLocker Drive Encryption.

When I click on this Drive under Explorer I got the option to FORMAT this Drive and when I click cancel I get the following.
    Imgur
    When I do Right Click on this Drive, I no longer see BitLocker option like I used to.

mcraygsx, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Can not open drive D because BitLocker after reinstalling Windows 10 - Similar Threads - open drive BitLocker

2. Bitlocker issue with "D" drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker issue with "D" drive: A user brought me a computer with a USB headset not working. I went to Dell's website and downloaded installed both a Realtek driver and a USB Realtek driver. The USB driver required a restarted. Pursuant to that, the machine kept blue-screening after the Bitlocker PIN was...
  3. Bitlocker issue with "D" drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker issue with "D" drive: A user brought me a computer with a USB headset not working. I went to Dell's website and downloaded installed both a Realtek driver and a USB Realtek driver. The USB driver required a restarted. Pursuant to that, the machine kept blue-screening after the Bitlocker PIN was...
  4. Bitlocker issue with "D" drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. OneDrive folder on D drive, D drive bitlocked, catastrophe comes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive folder on D drive, D drive bitlocked, catastrophe comes: Hi,I believe this is a subject for Microsoft Windows development department.Three notebooks, all - OneDrive folder in D - D bitlocked - OneDrive launchs at start-up Catastrophe on two notebooks, no problem on one notebook.spending hours and hours trying to understand what is...
  6. OneDrive folder on D drive, D drive bitlocked, catastrophe comes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive folder on D drive, D drive bitlocked, catastrophe comes: Hi,I believe this is a subject for Microsoft Windows development department.Three notebooks, all - OneDrive folder in D - D bitlocked - OneDrive launchs at start-up Catastrophe on two notebooks, no problem on one notebook.spending hours and hours trying to understand what is...
  7. Missing D Drive after turning off bitlocker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing D Drive after turning off bitlocker: I'm using Dell Inspiron 15 7570 with Windows 10 Home edition installed in C drive SSD. I have an external HDD D drive which was bitlocker encrypted according to what it displayed in the partitions application. In settings, I turned off bitlocker and from then, I can't see the...
  8. After reinstalling windows 10, Apps on D drive don't appear in search

in Cortana
    After reinstalling windows 10, Apps on D drive don't appear in search: Had a few issues with my pc as a whole but the last mess up meant that I needed to reinstall windows. The person who did it for me took out my D driveHDD which has most my apps etc, but not the os. He then took the data off my SSD C drive and on to an external drive, replaced...
  9. Bitlocker not opening drive D

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker not opening drive D: There was blue screen issu service exception .After failure in all available techniques i decided to new windows 10 locked D: by bitlocker .I do..but now D is not opening with correct password.some time it return wrong password.and mostly no return ... I cannot use...
  10. reinstall D: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reinstall D: drive: windows upgrade deleted how do I reinstall D: drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-d-drive/24b4c04b-1a7a-45b2-9c17-dc3389f63c8d