Windows 10: can not open files or picuters it said user name not found

Discus and support can not open files or picuters it said user name not found in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; whenever I try to open files or pictures it tells me user name not found .also when troubleshooting on control panel itshows error un uodate windoews... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrancescaAlessi_874, Oct 15, 2018.

1. can not open files or picuters it said user name not found

whenever I try to open files or pictures it tells me user name not found .also when troubleshooting on control panel itshows error un uodate windoews

:)

FrancescaAlessi_874, Oct 15, 2018

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Oct 15, 2018
  3. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Ketxxx Win User

can not open files or picuters it said user name not found

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

can not open files or picuters it said user name not found

1. can not open files or picuters it said user name not found - Similar Threads - open files picuters

2. Change User File Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change User File Name: my system was set up buy the the people putting it together.my name was misspelled and i would like to correct it.this is a windows 11 system I was a some how able to change my profile name as the admin.in the registry it has my correct name - just the user file on C: Drive...
  3. Change User File Name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change User File Name: my system was set up buy the the people putting it together.my name was misspelled and i would like to correct it.this is a windows 11 system I was a some how able to change my profile name as the admin.in the registry it has my correct name - just the user file on C: Drive...
  4. Updating name on User file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updating name on User file: Hello, I've seen several post about this subject but for older versions of Windows. As the directions normally require a registry edit I wanted to make sure an easier solution had not been discovered. For some reason my local user file is missing the last letter in my name....
  5. User file name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User file name: okay there was that problem that I tried to change the user file name as it contained a trademark symbol and this wasn't compatible with android studio SDK, so I followed a video on youtube and it totally erased many many things, like the programs in taskbar, the browser, the...
  6. 'Name Not Found'

'Name Not Found': Hey everyone, I created 2 new users and two new groups in Active Directory. When I go into a folder in C: and try to add the groups to the permissions for the folder, hit 'Check Name' it gives me the 'Name Not Found' prompt. I double checked and they clearly exist in AD. I...
  7. Opening a file found in Search

Opening a file found in Search: In the latest version of Windows, when I search for a document and click on one of the files that is found it now opens in Edge browser instead of the default app on the computer - this happens with Excel, Word or pdf files. How do I make the files open in the appropriate...
  8. User File Name Change

User File Name Change: I was wondering if there was any way to change the user file name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-file-name-change/3ccd48c5-aeb4-4eae-a7bb-6accc2165d01"
  9. Change User file name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change User file name: Hi During a complete reinstall somehow a user file name got changed C:\Users\X it should have been C:\Users\Richard how do I change it back? Thanks for any help. Rich 116571
  10. Change User file name

in Windows 10 Support
    Change User file name: Hi During a complete reinstall somehow a user file name got changed C:\Users\X it should have been C:\Users\Richard how do I change it back? Thanks for any help. Rich 116571