Windows 10: Can not open game from store that I've played for years

Discus and support Can not open game from store that I've played for years in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've been playing Mega Poker Texas Holdem for years. Now I get a pink banner across the games page telling me I am in excess of devices(?) I only... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TerrenceMichalski, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Can not open game from store that I've played for years

I've been playing Mega Poker Texas Holdem for years. Now I get a pink banner across the games page telling me I am in excess of devices(?) I only have this one device, nothing changed from yesterday when I was playing...…….What the Heck?

:)

TerrenceMichalski, Feb 2, 2019

2. Store apps not opening

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the update.

Please reply to a few questions for understanding the issue better:

• Are you facing issue only on playing Sniper fury?
    • Does the issue occur only on playing games downloaded from Windows Store?

If the issue occurs specifically on playing Sniper fury, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the game to check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists on all the games downloaded from Windows Store,
    reset the store cache by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Resetting Windows store will clear, and empty the cache without changing account settings or deleting the installed apps. It is usually located in the
    %SYSTEM% folder in the PC.

• Open Run command by pressing Windows Key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.
    • Open Windows Store and check if the app can now be installed/purchased on your device.

Also check your internet connectivity speed on the PC. The issue may also occur if the speed of the internet is low on the PC which might affect the game performance.

Write to us for further assistance regarding the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 2, 2019
  3. win 10 blocking installed seirra card games I have been happily playing for years

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with playing games on Windows 10.

• Do let us know what exactly happens when you try to play the card games?

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to Uninstall/Re-install the Graphic Card Driver
    and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard and click on Device Manager.

• Find and double-click the category of device whose driver you wish to uninstall (for example, the graphics card would be listed under Display Adapters).

• Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.

Later, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website:
    http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the Microsoft Solitaire Games and check.

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

• Select All apps, and then find your game in the list.

• Press and hold the game tile, and then select
      Uninstall. Alternatively, you can right-click the game tile and then select
      Uninstall.

• Follow the steps to uninstall the game.

• To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Can not open game from store that I've played for years

Artifex Mundi games crashing on opening

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

For better assistance, please share the information:

• Which is the game that you are not able to play on the computer? Is the issue specific to this game?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Is the issue particular to Artiflex Mundi games or all games?

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.

• Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.

• Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us with the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Can not open game from store that I've played for years

1. Can not open game from store that I've played for years - Similar Threads - open game store

2. Windows Store claims I don't own a game I've had for years.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store claims I don't own a game I've had for years.: Before I get into the details, let me start by saying that I searched this Extensively and have thus far been unable to fix it.Firstly, I was having a problem launching Sea of Thieves, it was crashing on startup and giving me an error code. Alright, so I go to the pages both...
  3. Windows Store claims I don't own a game I've had for years.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store claims I don't own a game I've had for years.: Before I get into the details, let me start by saying that I searched this Extensively and have thus far been unable to fix it.Firstly, I was having a problem launching Sea of Thieves, it was crashing on startup and giving me an error code. Alright, so I go to the pages both...
  4. Windows Store claims I don't own a game I've had for years.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unable to install/play game from the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to install/play game from the microsoft store: i have resently reseved minecraft windows 10 starter collection. i redemed the code and i now own it. i went to hit install/play and tab opens up it flashes blue and disapperes. but before it does it sayes microsoft.windowsstore_8wekyb3d8bbwe what do i do ?...
  6. Can't play pc game I've been playing for years

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play pc game I've been playing for years: So I've been playing Age of Mythology since it came out and I am so upset that now I am unable to play it potentially because of the new Windows 10 update. I have had this problem since the middle of last year and have been trying on and off to get it to work. I have googled...
  7. Games downloaded from Microsoft Store on a HDD not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games downloaded from Microsoft Store on a HDD not opening: So, I have had this problem for a long time now, and many others have it too. Searched every article I found on it without success. Basically, when I download any game from the microsoft store, and download it to my hdd-drive because my ssd-drive is small and I can't install...
  8. can not access micrsoft store to play games or download apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can not access micrsoft store to play games or download apps: it keeps asking for a code, I don't have this code, and doesn't have anywhere to do the settings account log in info to change anything please help...
  9. Can not play games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not play games: I have been trying to play online games but they never seem to work. I have tried multiple things to fix this problem. Single player games work fine and i can browse the internet easily but online games are not working for me and I have no idea why. I had my driver updated...
  10. how can i download games from play store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i download games from play store: dear sir I can not download game from the play store what should I do for that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/how-can-i-download-games-from-play-store/cd0ceb43-cf6b-47c4-a89e-d76b920eafb4