Windows 10: Can not open OneDrive on Windows 10 Desktop

Discus and support Can not open OneDrive on Windows 10 Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I click on the One Drive app in windows 10, it gives the following cryptic error message, with no explanation about how to fix it or where to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CDMCDMCDM, Mar 1, 2020.

1. CDMCDMCDM Win User

Can not open OneDrive on Windows 10 Desktop

When I click on the One Drive app in windows 10, it gives the following cryptic error message, with no explanation about how to fix it or where to get more information.

Can not open OneDrive on Windows 10 Desktop 19b65546-e8fb-4dc2-b448-466b3ff5883b?upload=true.jpg

This is happening on my brand new Lenovo Windows 10 laptop. When I tried to open it first time today, it asked me for login credentials. I mis-typed the login ID and/or password so it gave incorrect login message. Since then, every time I tried to open the all it gives me the above error message. Could my incorrect login credentials first time have messed up the settings in the app?

I can still access OneDrive in browser microsoft edge, but the app does not open.

How do I fix this error? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-- Frustrated OneDrive User

:)

CDMCDMCDM, Mar 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Can not open OneDrive on Windows 10 Desktop - Similar Threads - open OneDrive Desktop

2. why can I not open OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can I not open OneDrive?: I can not open my OneDrive. I am using windows 10 and this PC will not link to my OneDrive. How can I open my current OneDrive location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-open-onedrive/ac216e3a-aaf9-4088-a7bd-95ad8993c603
  3. why can I not open OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can I not open OneDrive?: I can not open my OneDrive. I am using windows 10 and this PC will not link to my OneDrive. How can I open my current OneDrive location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-open-onedrive/ac216e3a-aaf9-4088-a7bd-95ad8993c603
  4. onedrive and desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive and desktop: Onedrive - autoconfigure - Desktop BackupI have a little concern about Onedrive configuration and actually I didnt find the right forum to askSome reason - Onedrive autoconfigures weirdSituation - new computer, just created exicting MS Accountafter 1st logon Onedrive...
  5. onedrive and desktop

onedrive and desktop: Onedrive - autoconfigure - Desktop BackupI have a little concern about Onedrive configuration and actually I didnt find the right forum to askSome reason - Onedrive autoconfigures weirdSituation - new computer, just created exicting MS Accountafter 1st logon Onedrive...
  6. How can I NOT use OneDrive desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I NOT use OneDrive desktop?: Hello All I was discussing this as part of another thread but wanted to post it as it's own thread so everyone can see the question and because I think it deserves it's own thread.. My Windows 10 Pro desktop path is pointing to My user OneDrive folder I've uninstalled...
  7. OneDrive and desktop

OneDrive and desktop: I dont know why OneDrive removes everything in the desktop and sync it into the cloud after i updated windows ... i really wish windows stop tormenting us with such aggressive updates that make us waste time trying to fix. I just wanted to use Onedrive for it's storage and...
  8. OneDrive can I delete desktop

OneDrive can I delete desktop: I have two W10 laptops both version 1909 and I use OneDrive. Is there a way to de-synch my desktop. In other words, there are files I want on one desktop, but not on the other. Note: right-clicking the file and choosing to keep on this device does not do the trick. If I...
  9. Desktop Folder in onedrive - can I delete?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Folder in onedrive - can I delete?: I have a "Desktop" folder in my OneDrive folder and some others. I am on Windows 10. It doesn't indicate it is a shortcut but when I open it is the same as my actual desktop folder/desktop. I need to remove it from my OneDrive etc - is it safe to just delete it? Thanks...
  10. OneDrive desktop app crashing on Windows 10

OneDrive desktop app crashing on Windows 10: Since I upgraded to windows 10 my OneDrive account has not been syncing properly and regularly comes up with errors when I start up before abruptly crashing. A lot of the advice I have found online recommends e.g. right clicking on the OneDrive app in the bottom right however...